OTO on the market for a long time | FerrariChat

OTO on the market for a long time

Discussion in '612/599' started by spsabga, Sep 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    There is a 2009 612 OTO that has been listed for sale for many months now, and the asking price is way below market for an OTO. Has anyone inquired about this car to see why? It is black on black and available on eCarlink based in Texas. I keep seeing it on Autotrader. I'm assuming it needs something major for the price to be that low.

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    what is the price

3. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
  4. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Maybe the color?

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    When I was looking there were always black cars that stayed on the market for a long time. Ogera in Beverly Hills had a '09 OTO car Black/Black with Daytona seats, with lower mileage they moved from to lot for several months. I looked at it and it was a nice car but I really didn't want to own a Black car. At the time they were asking about $190k but I had the feeling that price was soft but not $135k soft, wonder if this the same car as there are not many '09 OTO cars, less than thirty Taz said.

At $135k that seems like a great deal if around 10k miles and you don't mind black cars. I might have taken a serious look when I was in the market at that price. But I am real happy with the car I ended up with. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

6. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I just pulled up the 09 612 OTO car on Ecarlink, it is not the Ogera car from Beverly Hills I looked at but it has been on the market when I was looking over 18 - 24 months ago. At the time I believe it was a private party sale as I recognize the pictures in the hangar and it was for sale in Texas as it is currently. The price was quite a bit higher at the time I believe $175 - $185k as I recall. But I think the combination of Black and 25,000+ miles is the price driver. So it sounds like the owner is getting anxious to sell? If all checks out offer $115 - $125k and see what they say - if you want a Black car.

7. ddenboer

ddenboer Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    David denBoer
    There was a black one in Oakland recently for $110. Not OTO but HGT2 with a beautiful diamond stitch ceiling. I'm looking at one with 66k miles for 70

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Quite a big difference between a gen 2 OTO car and gen 1 car even if a 07 with HGT2. A early 08 non OTO car might have the upgraded Superfast transmission. IMO if it doesn't have the new transmission, then the OTO car is worth the $25k difference especially if the price can be still shaved a bit. I am guessing the 66k mile car for $70k is an early edition which sounds like a reasonable deal if all the maintenance has been done and that is what you want.

In my searching the higher miles was not so worrisome, as having a lot of different owners. With one or two owners easier to check on maintenance but with half dozen owners my instincts tell me that likely one or more of the owners didn't take care of the car as I would have. Then there may be a lot of catch work to be done. I guess that could be OK if you can do the catch maintenance yourself but I don't have that skill set and would not take on potential problems even at a great deal price.

9. ddenboer

ddenboer Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    David denBoer
    I have the CarFax on the 66k car. It was a daily driver for one owner and was serviced every 6 months or so.

10. biotequity

biotequity Rookie

Jun 22, 2012
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Michael Taylor
    612 is lovely but maybe dig up $30k more for an FF?

11. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    What year and color is the car?

12. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I think the FF are still asking about $180k at the bottom end so its going to likely be north of $40k more. But I wanted a 612 not the FF, all personal preference.

13. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    612 is a far more beautiful car than an FF.

14. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    66k miles for $70k is decent right now, but you will probably have hard time to unload it later on. lots of owners and lots of miles, at least I wouldn't buy one. Unless you aren't going to sell it.

15. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Not a fan of the shooting brake design, nor edgier look of the FF - and definitely not the all-wheel drive either.

On the other hand, I sure would love to have the FF engine in my 612. :)

16. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    YES

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Randy, you've probably already seen this, but there is a 2009 for sale at F of New England. I saw the car a few weeks ago when it was on its way to the dealer. The car looked gorgeous and it seems reasonably priced.

18. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I just traded my Cali T for an '09 612 and I couldn't be happier.

Not that I knew this before owning the 612, but now I would get any year, any mileage 612, I don't think it needs to be an OTO.
    Such a gorgeous, roomy, stately and powerful car. I love it.

Has anyone called on the Ecarlink, maybe it's not available any longer?
    There was also one on Sheehan's website.

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    bigtime

20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    now that wld be a cool project!

21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    No I had not seen the car. It is a one owner car, 2008 612 OTO Nurburgring Silver car with 10,279 miles on the clock Vin#ZFFJB54A980163256. The asking price is $164,900 there were no pictures on the inventory site, the link is

Used 2008 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti For Sale | Norwood MA ZFFJB54A980163256

That seems to be a reasonable price too bad there are no actual pictures of the car.

Interesting enough I took my car in for service this morning to Ferrari of LA and there was a 06 612 similar color Silverstone/black. Only the second 612 I have seen other when looking at vehicle for sale. the owner and I have a nice chat about his 612. He had owned for 6 years and was pretty with the car. Not sure how he drove it as only 7,500 miles but he had a few other Fcars 360, F430 and couple others according to the service manages.

22. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Here is another link to a black 2006 612 with higher miles 66k asking $80k for sale in Beverly Hills, is it the same car?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c1856&radius=50000&zip=93066&trimNames=NONE_NONE&trimLevelNames=NONE_NONE&colors=NONE_NONE

23. GillDS

GillDS Rookie

Mar 12, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Gill
  24. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The car is Black/Black which experience tells me does not sell so well.

Cons
    No HGT2 package, no challenge wheels, runflat tires (not my preference), no sport exhaust (sporty pipes not the good sound at start up) as in the HTG2 package, regular seats – no Daytona’s, no CCB brakes only yellow painted calibers 9comes with HTG2 package, no Bluetooth (perhaps it can be added by dealer?), Mileage 18k+ (not serious issue but does reduce price). Not sure if all OTO cars had the superfast transmission or if it was part of the HTG2 package. If it doesn’t that is a big drawback IMO. Not sure number of owners the Carfax will specify fewer is better IMO.

Pros
    All service records, complete records and manuals, clean Carfax (but not all incidents are always reported to Carfax or insurance), has battery tender, tools and car cover, both sets of keys, says it has home link (but I didn’t see the buttons on the drivers sun shade but maybe in a different place on the ‘09 model?), Carbon fiber interior trim, shields (assuming you like them). Price ($129,500) is pretty good but reasonable considering year, OTO, color, mileage and equipment.

Despite what the dealer says it is not highly optioned, pretty standard options the HTG2 package is a pretty big deal and this car doesn't have it. All the OTO cars have glass roofs, red start button & sports switch on steering wheel.

The car looks like a car O’Gara of Beverly Hills (Maserati) and Westlake had for some time but since it was black I didn’t keep any details on the car. They were asking about $180k about 12 – 15 months ago if it is the same car. Worth a look if Black is not a deal breaker for you. Good luck car hunting all part of the fun of ownership.

25. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    Not a dig, but why not Black? The car clearly has carbon rotors, and the sticker lists sport exhaust. You can swap out the rims/tires. Someone has a post for four 20" @ 3K. Should make it a sharp looking car. With the exception of keeping it looking clean, I think black is a great color on a 612.