328 black/black purchase - Coming to Indy (hopefully)! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

328 black/black purchase - Coming to Indy (hopefully)!

Discussion in '308/328' started by billhindy, Dec 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #26 Gary Res, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
    That was my car. It's a great car, but I needed to make room for something else. Always enjoyed driving it. Of all my cars, my kids were upset about the Ferrari leaving. The sounds, sexy curves, the way everyone looks, you can't beat that. For me, it was a "4th" car (or 5th car), that was better sold to someone that will use her like the car should be driven. As time moved on, I got busy on weekends, and I travel out of the country for some of summer. For quick drives, I would use a number of my Porsches or a Mercedes that I have. In the last few years I just was not using it. Last year I did only 500 miles. It just didn't warrant me keeping the car. Needs and wants change as you get older. I am replacing the Ferrari with another "exotic". Thought of the F430, but after a lot of thinking, I decided to go with a Gallardo spyder. The 430 is sexier, but the Gallardo has grown on me. Didn't get it yet, waiting for the right color combo to be available. I'm in no rush because its winter here. Anyway, I also left the original speakers with the car cover for you. Make sure you get it. Let me know if you didn't and I will follow up. Enjoy the car, and use it in the best of health. It will give you many smiles! Becareful, in the begining, Fchat is addictable. Great website with tons of info.

2. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    By the way, my license plate was "4Reee". I am not returning them. It will be hanging in my garage.

3. red5nic

red5nic Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 15, 2016
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Hi all,

New to fchat and just bought my first ferrari- 89 blk/blk 328 #81485 which is discussed in this thread. It's soon heading to its new home in Ft Lauderdale.

Figured I would post this because it keeps a trail for folks in the future. Fchat certainly helped me verify things during the pre-purchase and was good to see that Gary Res and Billhindy were former owners and had posts here.

Also thanks for all the 328 knowledge on the forum that helped me become a more informed buyer!

Will put up some pics when it arrives.

4. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Congrats

It was for sale by Exclusive Motor Cars in California. Have you purchased it from us ?

5. red5nic

red5nic Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 15, 2016
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Yes- purchased from Exclusive Motorcars in California. Just finalized everything this week.

6. Brewman

Brewman Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2012
    NC Mountains @ Boone
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Big Tex,

Can you explain the process you describe in your posting above. How does on talk to the factory. I went to the Ferrari website and do not see an option to enter a VIN. I'm looking to get any available information on my 94 348 Spider which I've been told is 1 of 1 in Blu Sera.

Thanks,

Brewman

7. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    unfortunately this topic is several years old and things change. The factory doen't confirm anything now ........for free

You could only know the date of manufacturing of your car. If you are "registered" as the owner of the car.
    Try here : [email protected]

May can you contact your Ferrari local dealer or original dealer of your car

Good luck

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is a nice looking model