What's The best Daily Driver Now? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What's The best Daily Driver Now?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ThePrince, Sep 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Probably, yes...overall.
    Unfortunately too ubiquitous. If they did something to the 911 turbos to make the exterior more dramatic, I'd be in one. But if I could only own 1 car, that would be it.

2. Aspec77

Aspec77 Rookie

Jul 29, 2014
    toronto
    Full Name:
    steve
    Mercedes g wagon

ryalex likes this.
  3. TurboS

TurboS Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Toronto ON
    I would agree with the Ubiquity, but there is something to be said with the refinement engineering that goes into each iteration, which in turn yields a car that does all those things, quite well. With respect to dramatic exterior and performance, I think my GT2 addresses those concerns quite well.

4. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Its a great truck. I bought a 2015 last year. Mainly because work can take me sort of off road. Second tow my boat. Third its great for the dog. I use it almost exclusively as a daily driver.

But I'm seriously considering one of these: Wagonmaster.com | ?87 JEEP GRAND WAGONEER 4X4 ? #1817

My parents had one new in 1984. My brother killed his new Toyota 4X4 off road in 1988. He couldn't kill the Jeep, even at the same level of abuse!

I want one more out of nostalgia. But also its a good winter vehicle if it snows. Bonus about living in BC. We have an extensive network of forest service roads. Its an awesome day trip into the wilderness on these roads. Some areas have pristine lakes, etc. With zero people up there. Most of the roads start a few minute drive from my house. It beats local parks for taking the dog out to play.

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dck/engineering/dck_engineering.htm

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #30 ryalex, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    The Ghibli looks fantastic and has solid steering, but the satnav/ent system is Chrysler blah and the auto transmission never seemed to be where I wanted it to be for a sport mode. Even messing with the paddles, it was very frustrating. I wouldn't get one if I was more than an hour away from the dealer.

AMG S probably pretty tail happy? E with the 4matic might be better.

I'm from Ontario and the last time I drove there in winter was a decade ago, but I kept thinking to myself that if I went back to Canada to live, if I could I'd get either a Targa C4S (even a 997 with the glass roof) or an early R8/Gallardo.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. KenTO

KenTO Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2009
    Toronto
    Any Porsche 911 4, I have a new Targa and love it. I came from Mercedes, not special enough anymore in my opinion.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If you can handle the looks (I think they look great) the Porsche panamera. Such a solid machine.

8. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    My friend who own a few cars including Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, GMC truck, is now seriously considering trading his Cayenne for a C4S for year round pleasure but really usable car. We live WAYyyyyy up north with tough winters.

9. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    What tires, wheels and spacers would you recommend for a 993 C4S or Turbo for winter use (to clear Big Red calipers)? Or even all-season?

Matt

10. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2005
    West Coast
    The 993 C4S is a beautiful car! I like the turbo hollow spokes on it, or even 996 18" MY02 wheels they look quite nice lowered on a c4s

Pransingh Horse and Kelowna like this.
  11. 2tall4economy

2tall4economy Karting

Oct 26, 2014
    Western Suburbs of Chicago (for now)
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Used convertible Bentley gt is my vote. Best all around car I’ve ever owned and it does everything. Incredible on long trips. No fatigue at all after 8 hours recently.

Kelowna likes this.
  12. Kelowna

Kelowna Rookie

Jan 4, 2020
    Kelowna Canada
    Full Name:
    Martin
    911 4S, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, Aventador SVJ, it really depends on where you live, and what you need. My daily driver in winter is the Grand Cherokee SRT, and it tows my boat in the summer. 911 4S is my daily driver when not snowing, my next daily driver is likely an Aventador SVJ Roadster, and my occasional car a used 458 Spider in Rosso once i find one. The 911 and Jeep are amazing once the weather turns ugly though. Don't leave the Urus out of your search though, I test drove one, and would seriously consider that for my next winter vehicle.

f355spider likes this.
  13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    My '19 Ram is shaping up to be my most favorite vehicle I have ever owned. Never owned a pick up before this, always sports cars or sports sedans..this thing takes the cake. Just added a Borla exhaust to it..now its sounds like it looks..bad ass!! Get one..

Kelowna likes this.
  14. 2tall4economy

2tall4economy Karting

Oct 26, 2014
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I was VERY tempted to get a Ram 1500 TRX for my winter daily recently ..... but then I realized it wouldn't fit in my parking garage... or my house's garage... doh!

tbakowsky likes this.
  15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Its a truck..its supposed to be outside! The TRX is an awsome thing. I tried to get one, but they are all sold out for the 21 model year.

16. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nicolas21 likes this.
  17. 2tall4economy

2tall4economy Karting

Oct 26, 2014
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Agree in principal, but finding an outdoor parking spot in downtown Chicago is neither a likely nor cheap proposition.

18. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
  19. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

I know this is my second one, I love them.

My first one I ordered with a track pack gas version with almost every option imaginable. I planned on keeping it forever knowing they were going to be discontinued. It was such a high msrp that the dealer was reluctant in case I did not follow through he felt he would never be able to sell it. It was very capable as a fun street car on curvy roads for a wagon. Then it got totaled when a kid on a cell phone from out of state made a mistake. Then I had an M40i for 3 months and went back to the wagon. Truthfully the difference in the German built BMW’s and the US built ones in the engineering is noticeable. I hated the M40i, fast yes, but not satisfying somehow.

This wagon I love. I test drove a Volvo and found them to be a bit big with a weird interior and the Audio felt “squishy” somehow with an interior I also did not like as much as the BMW’s.

We average 31mpg and we live in a city. It’s remarkable.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Andial likes this.
  20. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm looking at C6 Corvettes. To me its the last new Vette that looks like how a Corvette should. It doesn't snow here much, if it does, I'll drive my truck.

21. Pransingh Horse

Pransingh Horse Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Tesla P100D Ludicrous if you want the previous model and 0-60 in only 2.5 seconds.

Or you could get the new one Model S Plaid - Seats 5 or optionally 7, and does 0-60 in 1.99. No oil changes, or heavy service bills, and you can legally use the HOV lane with only 1 person.

22. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I’m amazed that four year old threads get revived. I guess that’s because they’re still relevant.

AMG E53 convertible for me. Four season car with AWD and a great exhaust sound. A real one. Top goes down between 50 and 80 degrees F, heater or A/C on either side of that. Four seats. Every option makes this pretty close to an S Cabriolet for a heck of a lot less.

Matt

Image Unavailable, Please Login

bernardo66 likes this.
  23. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I would go with that school bus back there.

...fits lots of stuff and people. You can use the bus lane. And if the traffic ticks you off, turn on the red flashing lights.

NMNMNMN likes this.
  24. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    The bus today. My son and his friends leave this week to get their kicks on Route 66!

4 bunk beds, a couch, a TV area, a stovetop, and a sink make it an RV.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NMNMNMN and bernardo66 like this.
  25. Kris76

Kris76 Rookie

Feb 12, 2022
    Vancouver canada
    Full Name:
    Kris Blea
    Wide body with all wheel drive ;)