Official 308 GTB/GTS Market Thread | Page 82 | FerrariChat

Official 308 GTB/GTS Market Thread

Discussion in '308/328' started by vaccarella, Jan 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    It is remarkable that these cars are now being sold by the major aucion houses at all. When I was shopping in 2012/2013, they were considered too inexpensive to be worthy of auction. None to be had.

This was definitely the summer to have grabbed one.

2. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  3. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Were they really taunting this as a 3k mile restored car? Really bad paint, incorrect interior. it did the correct money for the car. Nothing special here.

4. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Were they really calling this a 3k mile restored car? Really bad paint, incorrect interior. it did the correct money for the car. Nothing special here.

5. lucky strike

lucky strike Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2015
    Pompano Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My favorite saying when it comes to cars....Any car that's for sale

"The good ones aren't CHEAP & the cheap ones aren't GOOD!"

Sometimes you step in it though.

6. 308Hutch

308Hutch Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2014
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    #2031 308Hutch, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looking to get feedback on value of this 308. (US, Uk etc).

Was sent in for service (oil cooler) in CA in 89 and has been in storage since (owner passed and it went from the shop to another owners warehouse. It has been in our warehouse 2 years and has been pulled out for relocation per photos below. All original equipment minus a few things: Spare, spare screw, rear badges, wheels, a couple cooling system hoses... No smog equip, have a box with airbag, oil cooler, front side markers, and most other parts not shown or that were off the car.

Lights and electrical functions etc appear to work well. We did do a basic check prior to and before firing the motor right up. Gears shift, clutch working brakes still functional etc. It needs all the maintenance from sitting for 15+ years. Hoses, belts, fluid systems, tank cleanup etc.... Paint and interior show their age and need attention but the body and frame are solid & straight. 77k miles and it appears as such + a long down time. (Lids are set on for photos)

Here are a bunch of photos.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. bvdp

bvdp Karting

May 30, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart vdp
    Did you fire up a car that has been sitting since 89 without a belt service?

8. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    What is that sill on the car?

9. 19055

19055 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Emile
    Hutch' his brain has been "de-belted" since his electric 308...

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Sorry to nitpick, but not "All original Equipment": the steering wheel is wrong for that version: it is a QV/328 steering wheel, not the right one for a carbed car.

Rgds

11. lucky strike

Apr 26, 2015
    Pompano Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I restored a 328 that had sat for a while. It's in the classifieds here.
    To do it correct it takes a lot of work & money. you can also see more pics.
    on Mercedeshowroom -

12. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Hey Hutch, its a carb 308. If the price is right... buy it. You have the talent and resources to make it road worthy again. Just don't expect it to burn up the pavement like the GTE. :D
    I think the mirrors are incorrect also... should be the Vitaloni California , I believe.
    It sure looks it has a lot of potential though.

13. MikeRSR

MikeRSR Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Surrey, England
    #2039 MikeRSR, Sep 11, 2016
    I've found another classic I'd like to buy so thinking of selling my rhd UK Vetro to fund it. Thought I'd mention it here on the forum as this is where I found it and regular viewers to the 308 Vetroresina thread will I'm sure recognise it.

If you go to my profile there is a small album of pictures to give you an idea of the car, it has to be one of the best in the UK and has recently been granted it's Classiche certification.

The past 4 years in my ownership has been spent getting it into the condition you see it in now. Just to mention the full head rebuild to replace the original sodium valves and weber carb rebuild so mechanically it runs perfectly. It's also had a full suspension rebuild with all new bushes and a geometry set up which means it handles as good as it left the factory, not a rattle or squeak anywhere. Finally I've had the paintwork brought up to show standard so it looks fabulous.

I think I'm being very realistic in asking £150,000 for it, which reflects the current Ferrari market, down on what it was last year. If anyone is seriously interested please pm me or email to [email protected] and just to say I won't be placing it with anyone for a commission sale.

Thanks for looking, Mike

14. lucky strike

Apr 26, 2015
    Pompano Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What a great car..

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Superb looking car, always enjoy looking at your photographs.

I would luv to add it to keep my steel one company,but in the real world can only have one Ferrari.

I am on the look out for a Scud,if the numbers ever make sense!

Anyhow GLWS,although i guess you won't need it,are you looking at another Ferrari?

16. MikeRSR

MikeRSR Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Surrey, England
    Thanks for that and as for what's next, don't want to jinx anything at the moment.....

17. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
  18. Jezter70

Jezter70 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2013
    Surry (from UK)
    Full Name:
    Jez
    That's a great price for your car ,Mike .... I've currently got my Vetro up for sale via a UK dealer for £170k..... So yours should fly of the shelf , if you do decide to sell
    Regs,
    Jez

19. MikeRSR

MikeRSR Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Surrey, England
    #2045 MikeRSR, Sep 19, 2016
    Thanks Jez, been away and only just seen your comment. I'd like to think it's pretty realistic given the market at the moment, hopefully the Classiche certification will help as I don't think there are many others with it in the UK.

Always liked this pic of it for some reason, and good luck with yours.

20. Jezter70

Jezter70 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2013
    Surry (from UK)
    Full Name:
    Jez
    Yes that's a lovely photo from you as always! Classiche certainly helped my Dino GTS Sale last Year, so I hope your sale will benefit too. I'm really sad to be saying goodbye to the Vetro after such a shor journey with her, but I too have a major project on the horizon. I'm sure these will be heading back towards £200k very soon, just too rare and too good not to be up there, in my humble opinion!
    All the best,
    Jez

21. nitro

nitro Karting

Dec 9, 2012
    Snowmass/KenCaryl
    The Finest Automobile Auctions sold a '78 US GTS with 67k for $80k in Aspen/Snowmass. I thought that was very strong. About $10k higher than I thought it should go for.

22. pj911

pj911 Karting

Jun 10, 2005
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    PJ

Especially considering it appears to have a dash from a 328.

23. nitro

nitro Karting

Dec 9, 2012
    Snowmass/KenCaryl
    It had a few parts that were not original. EDIT: 61k miles.
    It did look incredible in yellow. Can someone tell me....were those US bumpers standard on a '78? I didnt think the US bumpers made their ugly appearance until '80?

24. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    big ass bumpers first appeared in 1978 on the 308's