Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    My 4c is parked next to my 308....to me they feel like Grandfather and grandson. Very similar dimensions, similar sense of occasion. Same mannerisms if you will. But the grandson knows how the internet works. And the grandfather knows why you shouldn't always trust the internet.

I though after I got the 4c that I would sell the 308...instead a 911 and Mustang were kicked out of the garage. They weren't getting attention (I traded the 911 on the 4c in fact). For my needs these 2 cars are perfect. The 911 and Mustang were too "everyday" if you will. I like my cars like chocolate cake...that one big piece you wait all week to devour after dinner Saturday night.

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Here is how I see it, cars have changed a lot the Ferrari's Lamborghini's, Mac's etc (the current offerings) are great cars but about as much fun as driving a Toyota pickup truck at legal speed. Then you have cars like the 4C and Lotus raw, feel fast, terrible interior loud inside and out hard to get in and out of, and not much fun for the passenger. Unless they are fond of discomfort. The solution is simple a Miata. It's not cool, has no status, will show anyone you are successful, but it has a great gear box (3 pedals yeah) terrific steering nice interior, and you can hear your music. The last Miata I had was in 1993 (oh what I did to that thing), the guy I sold it to still has it I'm told. I am glad they still build cars like this today, in a market where un sprung weight and steering feel is far down on most buyers lists and can I voice text and stream my music comes before handling, it takes guts to build cars like to 4C and the Lotus. They are far from great cars, but the are pretty great at going certain things. That's all folks!

3. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The miats's only downfall is that it's terribly slow. It has a lot of potential. But my diesel truck is faster that it to 60. The 4C will smoke most Ferrari's on the road.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #79 TheMayor, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    I think the new Fiat 124 with a lot of mods could be the trick. But the looks.... tough to get over that one.

A 75 HP difference in the two cars like this is ton. With enough boost it might be fun enough.

Would I like the 4c better with a manual? Maybe but I'm not sure. I don't know how the driving characteristics would be different with a slower gear change on a car with this much boost. It could really exaggerate turbo lag. But changing the gears would be better for a more true connection to the past.

I can say that not all manuals are the same. I really disliked the manual gearbox in my Corvette C7. But I have loved manual boxes in other cars. Like everything else "it depends". But manual doesn't always mean "better".

If the 308 was never made until today, people would tear it apart. It's slow (but today's standards), its fragile. It uses Fiat parts. The AC and radio are horrible. The interior cramped and the driving position weird. There's no power steering. The paint is weak. The gearbox can be tempermental at times. Build quality is poor.

Our expectations of cars today is so high that compare everyone to the latest Lexus or Mercedes while we excuse classic classics "the good old days".

Could the 4c be better? Sure. There's a lot of things I would have done differently. But it was never intended to be perfect. It was intended to have some super car fun for a price -- like the Dino and 308 were.

5. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Agreed. Not sure that I would appreciate a manual in the 4C more than the DCT. This is my first DCT and I find it very involving, interesting and above all else Fun. Prior to purchase I had my doubts as I did not test drive, but I am always in dynamic/manual mode. It is obviously way faster than a stick would be, but it also is highly entertaining, to me at least. It is so much different from a true automatic transmission, u can actually feel the clutches engage which kind of adds to the experience.

I think the fiat Spider needs some really nice after market wheels. Not a fan of the wheels currently offered. With the right wheels I think it would make a huge difference. Now the Alfa tele dial wheels I absolutely love.

6. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #81 Bundy, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Evo #226 has an article on a
    modded Alfaworks GT4C. Aero mods (carbon/graphene splitter, rear wing, diffuser), Ohlins, revised suspension geometry, lighter OZ wheels (11 kg total reduction), new Quicksilver exhaust with Helmholtz resonator. ECU remap with 280 hp and 310 ft lb. $26,000. Good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG][​IMG]

7. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Something must have been amiss. I can tell you that my 4C in Dynamic Mode ( have not even tried Race Mode) shifts materially faster than my old 360 Challenge Stradale. Not heard too many people criticizing that car's shifts.......

8. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Race mode just gets rid or the electronic aides. It's the exact same power output and Shift performance.

9. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    the difference in shifting between Dynamic or Race vs Normal is pretty substantial as is the power.

10. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    As the 360 has an old'ish F1 box and the 4C has a double clutch anything else would be strange.

11. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Anyone heard anything (semi-reliable/definitive from your perspective) about when 4C production will likely end?? On the 4C forum, I am reading mid 2018, but other sources suggest 2020. I just signed a 2 year lease on my 4C. I love it so much that I hope I can get another toward the the end of their production run.

12. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
  13. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    on the 4c forums, a salesman that owns one, said that they are making coupe through 2017 and spider's till 2020. I'll try and post the link.

14. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
  15. Julius H.

Julius H. Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Julius
    I was wondering for a long time to buy 4C or not and finally decided to go for.

Next week i will make an order and than waiiiit for maybe more than year.cant wait to get her.decided for coupe and in giallo.

why i decided to go for such a car is that reminds me my 246 GTS Dino but in modern coat.

anyway your comments helped me to move forward

thanks

Julius

16. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Congrats! You've got the right idea if you are looking for a new Dino.

17. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You definitely won't be disappointed. The Giallo is stunning, but I'm not allowed to have 2 yellow cars, so I went with the Madrepearl....lol

18. Julius H.

Julius H. Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Julius
    thanks guys

Yes i definitelly feel that this is right choice.

Madreperla is looking awesome if somebody has detail pictures of this colour please share.

I havent seen unfortunatelly at person on any 4C this color.maybe if i did i would change it for perla

Just 1 question.option sport suspension is it worth?i prefer roads no track using.

Julius

19. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Madreperla will look differently under different lighting. It's a gorgeous paint. Sports Suspension is nice to have, but there are plenty aftermarket parts to turn your regular suspension into Sports Suspension...maybe even better. Definitely go for the Sports or Akrapovic exhaust.

20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    dude! how the hell u been. missed you!

21. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    all good pal! was just taking an extended break from here. :)

22. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    I am reading the 4C maintenance requires bolt tightening. What is this and how often. Does dealer have to do. Thanks.

23. Julius H.

Julius H. Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Julius
    Thanks John

I decided for sport suspension and sport exhausts.

24. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

It's routine in the yearly service. Cost for yearly service is about $225 including the oil change and whatever other filters they change.

I think it's just a precaution for the CF chassis. Most likely they run a torque wrench on the frame mounting bolts.