07 599 TPMS not calibrated | Page 2 | FerrariChat

07 599 TPMS not calibrated

Discussion in '612/599' started by nakrulz, Jul 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Recently, I have had to calibrate my 599 EVERY time I get in it. What a pain! Next time it goes to the dealer to figure it out.

Sometimes I may have to re-calibrate it 2 or three times before it takes. If I wait a few minutes before I calibrate it, I usually only have to do it once.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Chris- Those sensor batteries only last 5-8 years, so you could have one on the edge of going out. Dealer can check individual battery life with an SD3 or MODIS.

Note they also work better at higher pressures, so if winter has lowered your tire pressures, that could be a potential cause.

3. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Thanks Guys,

I will give this a go and hopefully it works.

4. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #29 ar4me, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Had the new HUF sensors from TPMS Direct mounted in my new 20" "challenge" wheels at the local tire store, mounted wheels on car, paired/re-calibrated sensors, worked like a charm - life is good with some F-time in the sun after a few days of showers :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    So I get in the car today and drive it for the first time after a collected the car from the dealer and surprise, surprise! The TPMS are working and for the first time in the ownership that stupide light doesn't come on when I start the car!

Hooray!!

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Oh you poor baby, you had a few days of showers. TRY 4 MONTHS OF WINTER! :D

Hey Christmas came early. No more gifts for you!

7. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016
    My 2008 car just had exactly this happen.

Batteries are not able to be replaced so four new units required and then need - linking to the TPMS ECU

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There are two ways to calibrate, but the owner as laid out above, or with an SD3 or similar tool by the dealer. The latter does it all with no drive required.

9. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016
    My TPMS system lost its new sensors after a while. We have had them reset on SD3 but I await another loss of contact.

There is also an ECU and antenna in the system so could also be that

10. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016
    My TPMS system lost its new sensors after a while. We have had them reset on SD3 but I await another loss of contact.

There is also an ECU and antenna in the system so could also be that

11. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016
    My new sensors lost their link with the system yet again. Next step will be to investigate the ECU.

The error message is TPMS system failure

12. Licht

Licht Karting

Aug 2, 2009
    LA
    OP just saved me a trip to Ferrari service... love Fchat!

13. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    I mounted a new set of wheels last week on my 612. I bought 4 Autel MX tpms sensors. €32 each. Programming them took less then 30 seconds. Works great.

14. rmfurzeland

rmfurzeland Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron Furzeland
    anyone know where the 599 TPMS antenna box is mounted somewhere by the front wheel (left side), I think mine is faulty, maybe picture from workshop manual (oh, if only I had one)
    Thanks,
    Ron

15. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ron, im having problems with mine on my 612 (different thread). If you just wsnt to see approxinately where the ecu is located you can look at the parts diagram on the Ricambi website. Unfortunately they list the ecuvas unavailable. I see some shops in Europe have it ranging frombaround $350-$1000. Im hoping that the same part is used on some non-exotic for less $$$. I dont know if my ecu is bad but I replaced all of the wheel sensors about 18 months ago.