Alfa 4C successful in the u.s. or no? | FerrariChat

Alfa 4C successful in the u.s. or no?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by fastback33, Sep 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Judging from these; (Alfa Romeo 4C US car sales figures) sales figures and not counting 2016 sales, 754 4C's have hit the market. I tried looking for alfas target but couldn't find it.

So what do you guys think? Has the car been a success? Future classic?

I saw one the other day for the first time and have to say, it was pretty exciting to see one on the road especially with that exhaust!

2. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    The 4C is a phenomenal product poorly executed by the Fiat sales team whom are more fit to sell Honda than Alfa. Had the car being marketed through the Ferrari/Maserati dealer network you will see a much more successful sales figure. It's a matter of time before people realize that the 4C is a bargain for what it is. It is almost as pure as the Lotus Elise but better.

3. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    August Sales Figures
    USA: 37 in August (Total 1,144) - Was 43 last month (in August 2015 sales were 75)
    Canada: 9 in August (Total 178) - Was 7 last month (in August 2015 sales were 27)

Total North America Cars: 1,321

Here is an ongoing thread about it.

Total Sales of 4C - Page 12 - Alfa Romeo 4C Forums

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Total world production of 5,138 in 2 years for Spyder/Coupe. Not to bad for a specialty car. I think it will beat total Maserati 4200 Spyder/Coupe production in 2/3rds the time.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Alfa lost money on every one of these it made. It did it's job -- it showed the direction of the brand MUCH better than any TV campaign could do.

It's a car that is not for everyone. In today's world of every car being compared to a Lexus it's a breath of fresh air-- from 1978.

6. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    I agree with you. I'm already seeing launch cars going in the 50-55k range. I'm curious where the bottom is on these.

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You miss the point of why they made the car. They made the car to get another product line INTO Fiat dealers and take on BMW and Audi in some small way.

There is no way this would have been sold through Maserati dealers. They want Maserati to be another Bentley.

I will agree that Fiat / Alfa's marketing was weak. Dealers often had no idea what they were selling, when they would get cars, what they costed, or what the features where.

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I paid $62K for a launch edition.

Look at a Maserati two years later and tell me if it dropped 7K in 2 years.

I paid $185K for an F430 spider. 3 years later, I sold it for $130K.

So, basically in 3 years I could have bought an Alfa 4c. The myth of Ferrari resales values is only in the first 18 months of production and not for all models.

9. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    You still have yours don't you? Do people recognize the brand by the grill and badge or do you have to explain it to them? I still occasionally get people asking me about the abarth for some reason.

I'm interested in seeing where this niche of 50-70k(?) Cars goes. Porsche started it with the cayman, now alfa added to it and with Caterham (possibly) adding to it along with the Alpine a120, I like where this is going.

10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

I can tell you that of all the cars I have owned, I get the most thumbs up than any other machine I've owned

People do know Alfa. What they don't know is Alfa is back.

11. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Ouch! 30% depreciation over three years is painful.

I think the alfa is somewhat special though and may not depreciate as much.

12. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You think that's bad? I am not sure if they are the same or worse now but my E39 BMW had 55+% depreciation over 3 years.

13. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    #13 pchop, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    You misunderstood me. What I'm saying is that the Ferrari/Maserati sales team would be better at marketing the 4C than a typical Fiat dealership. Alfa should never be confused as a Ferrari or a Maserati. I cringe every time someone calls the 4C a baby Ferrari.

Btw, Alfa Romeo is co-marketed through some Ferrari and Maserati showrooms.

+1 I have never gotten that many looks and compliments...though people still think it's a Lotus. Some younger folks even went as far as asking who makes Alfa Romeo...lol.