Ferrari 360 original battery tender | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 original battery tender

Discussion in '360/430' started by Carnab, Apr 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnab

Carnab Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Just purchased 2002 Ferrari 360 spider and it has the original Ferrari battery tender with connection behind driver seat. Charger is working and charging but has yet to go green. If anyone has a copy of instructions that would be great.

Having fun and learning car.

Carnab

2. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    They suck and will act like they are charging but fail to. Get a Battery Tender brand on Amazon and rig a pigtail behind driver side engine access are.

3. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!

I just replaced my Battery Tender brand with a Ctek for that same reason.

4. JSP

JSP Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Battery Tenders are a waste of money. Go to WalMart and buy one off the shelf.

I have seven BTs that failed....spare parts anyone?

5. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    That's interesting. I've used 6 of them for the past 5 to 8 years with no issues ever.

6. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ditto. Have them on vintage farm tractors and several cars. Key point is to buy a good one. The Harbor Freight cheapos are useless. Those sold at major auto parts stores with the LED indicator (red-yellow-green) provide reliable service. I have some that are 12 years old and still working just fine.

7. Carnab

Carnab Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I have used the Schumacher Battery tenders on older cars with no issues. Ferrari one is behaving now after a long drive....Car had been sitting before I bought so we are good.

Thanks All.

Carl

8. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    I've got CTEKs and BTs... no problems ever.

9. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  10. airbusdrvr

airbusdrvr Rookie

Oct 3, 2012
    Any charger will work. Theres only so much you can design into one. Just make sure it has float mode monitoring. Most do!

I would check to make sure you dont have a drain on your battery in excess of what the 1.5-2 amp charger is putting out. Lots of good "battery drain" posts which will explain how to use a voltmeter. Check out youtube too.