Matel/Hot Wheels Model Question | FerrariChat

Matel/Hot Wheels Model Question

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by BlacktopRacing, Sep 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Hi. I'm looking for a 1:18 scale model of an F430, and am wondering what the difference is, if any, between the "Elite" and "Exclusive" editions of the Hot Wheels F430 model.

2. MassaFan

MassaFan Karting

Nov 10, 2007
    Hi I collected 1/18s for a long time. Can't tell though as I don't recall the exclusiv line but can tell you this about the Hot Wheels Ferraris:
    Heritage is the regular unlimited line. The are basically like UT models when it comes to details. Later midels often had plastic parts wherecelite had metal or even had trunks that could not be opend. After all nothing a serious collector would buy if having alternatives.
    Elite Series where much better and especially later models and vintage ones set a standard when it came down to price/value. They where close to AutoArt and Kyosho back then. The 250GT Califirnua was a brilliant model. Still miss it. The had different series under elite such as musicians like Seal, Elvis or one offs.... all in all great models for mostly small money. Elite Special or better Super Elite came kn different boxes miunted on a leather base. In the beginning they where even much mire detailed as the regular elite ones later the differences where view. You realy had to search the difference on a 612 for example. In this serie they had some real spectacular models such as the FXX of MSC. No need to be ashamed to set it next to a BBR Enzo. But as written earlier most of the time the Elite one was realy enough. What model do you plan to buy.

3. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Thanks for the info, MassaFan. It sounds like I have some research to do, however, given what I now know, it seems I'll be looking for an Elite Hot Wheels version. I'm not really a collector... I just like to have models of cars that I have owned.

4. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    FWIW, the F430's were the last of the cars made before the launch of the elite line, so even the "non-elite" 430's have metal engine covers, etc. They're pretty nice. Not elite nice, but better than the non-elite versions that came later.

5. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I'm still looking for a 1:18 scale red F430. It seems the Elites are nowhere to be found, unless you want one opened or damaged on eBay. The "Exclusives" that are available do not have enough pictures to know what they look like inside. I don't know much about the Looksmarts or the BBR's but they appear to be more Scuderia/challenge-centric and not really available in "stock" versions.Anybody have one they'd like to sell?

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The Looksmart is the scuderia version...it's nice but it's a closed model, resin not die-cast.