1982 Ferrari Mondial 8 Rosso Corsa/Black | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1982 Ferrari Mondial 8 Rosso Corsa/Black

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by 19633500GT, Sep 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Thanks Eric.

Again, to clarify though, this is not a case of a 'missing' title.

I brought the Alabama title to the DMV with me when I registered the car. The State of CT doesn't issue titles for vehicles over 20 years old, so they literally took the title, (I'm assuming they file these somewhere?) and issued me a Registration (current and on me).

I don't like how they do things either, but that's what I'm up against.

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

NYS does not issue titles on older cars. When I bought my 65 Jag years ago, I turned in sellers VA title and got a NYS registration which stated transferable. Car was sold with just signed over registration and bill-of-sale.

3. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Isn't it frustrating? Knowing you have a title, in your hand, then 'poof'

Really what it comes down to is money. The DMV doesn't want to take the time or spend the money to doll up another piece of paper. My friend said if you badger them enough, sometimes they yield, but so far I can't even get someone on the phone.

Maybe I will have to stop by in person this week/weekend.

4. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It's a crap shoot, IMO. NYS did issue a title for my '83 Mondial. I think it's a matter of being there in person and getting someone who either understands or is willing to do as you ask of them. Iffy odds at a DMV!

That said I'd buy an old car with registration and a bill of sale. If someone was really nervous they could run a title check with the DMV themselves, no?

5. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    BTW Ken, I'm surprised your car hasn't sold yet. Well maintained and cheap asking price. There are a few nice 308 engined 4 seaters (Dino's & Mondial's) for sale on Fchat these days that seem to be taking a while to move. If only I had the money to buy them all up! I know I'd be a happy camper in the near future.

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Honestly, no it was not an issue at all. I sold the Jag and just recently my '69 TVR. I was letting you know NYS handles older cars the same way as CT. Why so much stress. It's the way you change ownership and should not be a concern for you or a buyer at all.

7. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    #32 19633500GT, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016

I'm a little bit too. The "8" that was just bought (down in the Mondial section) was the unloved car in Texas. But oh well, someday it'll find a new home :)

No interest from any FChatters btw, nothing, not even a question about the car. I thought I priced it reasonably, but maybe I'm wrong.

Agreed, but for people who haven't dealt with states like this...I guess it's an area of concern? I'm not losing any sleep. My stress is for other things in my life haha

8. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yeah, I meant it should be no stress for anyone. I guess too many shifty people out there that ruin it for the honest folks. Im sure it will sell at the very reasonable price you are asking.

9. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Gotcha. My only thought was if you wanted to be sure that the title was cleared from AL, there appears to be a relatively cheap way to do an online search via the state.... hopefully it will not be an issue.

Regardless, I wish you quick success in selling you're Mondial!

10. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    I saw your craigslist ad. I can tell by the preface that you've had lots of fun with the 'buyers' there.

11. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Yea...its been a trip haha

Trying to be positive, but man, it makes me laugh, people tell you what a pos Ferrari you own, and how slow it is, and hated...Then they say "But, I'll relieve you of all the terribleness, just take my over retail offer of $15K! I'll be there today with cash!"...

*sigh

The right guy will come along, just a matter of when.

12. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    *update*

Decided to move things along, and push, I need to move her. Submitted to BaT this evening, and waiting now to see if they'll accept and run an auction for her.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to step up and discuss, or knows someone looking, I'm motivated to find her a new home ASAP.

13. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    It's a fair price for the car given that it has had professional maintenance attention and it's not a salvage vehicle. Patience will pay off, you may need to hang onto it until the spring. Your best bet is a local buyer and CL will find you one you just have to put up with the chancers.

14. jjeffries

jjeffries Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2012
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    John Jeffries
    Connecticut's DMV used to be relatively efficient. Then, the current governor installed a political feel-good appointee with ZERO relevant experience, who COMPLETELY buggered it up, purchasing a new software system that was a comprehensive and utter flop...and of course the state got none of its money back. Said commissioner has been out for a few months but the damage done has apparently not been easy to reverse.

I was there a year ago to register a car purchased in Massachusetts and the experience was hellacious, for the customers and the long-suffering employees, who share no blame for the mess, but catch 99% of the grief. One of the more experienced ladies working there told me that each and every transaction now took three to four times more time/effort than before the so-called upgraded software was installed. The whole place was so tense because what used to take an hour was now keeping citizens like me in line for 4-5 hours minimum; it felt like the kind of place someone would be "going postal" at any moment.

I'm not an anti-government guy and don't expect private-sector levels of efficiency or customer service at a DMV (although I received both at New Hampshire's DMV a couple of years ago), but the way in which the CT DMV has been RUINED by Governor Malloy is a shameful case of complete incompetence. And no, you will not be getting your title, Ken. What a great way for the state to thank you for your service.

Hopefully BaT works well for you...best of luck, Sir.

15. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    John, you've nailed it.

I'm not a native to this State. But, there's a reason it's been in the top 5 of top "moved out of States" in America over the last 3-5 years.

It's BS man, how insufficient they make things at the simple "paperwork" level. All it is is someone simply typing in some extra paperwork...Sadly, you're right. It sucks.

I appreciate your kind words.

16. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Pending a payment in full tomorrow, my Mondial is going to a new home.

And staying local!

Thanks guys for all the kind words and wishes in my quest. I'll be back.

17. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Sold. Thanks