Classic Coach In Elizabeth | FerrariChat

Classic Coach In Elizabeth

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by sjmst, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I work close to this place. I live near Ferrari of LI and have used them. Can anyone tell me if they have used Classic Coach, and how they rate? I have heard good things. Also, as compares to F o LI if possible.
    Thanks
    Sam

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I have not used them but know folks who use them (355, 288, 328, 308) and love the service, their prices are comparable to dealers but the work is dealer level and better. The owner also owns one of the Florida Ferrari delearship, so there are not a true independant. ask for Rocco

3. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    i could be wrong but up until recently I think they were the only factory authorized body shop in the US, I think recently WWOC's was also given this honor.

4. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Sam,

I have had my car serviced by Classic Coach since I purchased it in January, 2002. Although known primarily as a factory-authorized coachwork repair facility, they have an excellent service department. They are skilled and knowledgeable in regard to all Ferrari models. Their technicians are first-rate, and one in particular, Carlos, is exceptional. He does the tune-ups and engine rebuilds. Their houly rate is comparable to Ferrari dealerships. I have my GTB there now for a major service.

It's best to visit their facility. You'll get the royal tour and see just what they are capable of doing. You'll be pleased with what you see.

Ask for Rocco or Jim.

Regards,
    Barry

5. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Frank, the owner, always drops what he is doing when he sees me to personally show me around, give me an espresso, and even an Italian style hug. I have used them and currently have my car stored with them for the winter. Very honorable and top notch.

Ben Caiola

6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Thanks for all the replies. Seems they will be a good choice.
    Sam

7. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I have my 512BBi there now. They are repainting the Boxer trim, doing an oil service (trying Mobil1) and checking idle and A/C for the summer. They are very caring and give personnal service. My car has been there for about 2 weeks and I wish I had it to enjoy these nice days. Rocco told me should be getting it pretty soon, cant wait.

8. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    They service my 360 spider, and provide track support and maintenance for my Challenge car. Great people, excellent work, very customer-focused. Highly recommended.

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Additional commentary on Classic Coach (and other indendent body shops/mechanics) here. All good things to say about them.

10. Riv

Riv Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Poconos, Pa
    My car is being serviced now. I stopped down last saturday to see what the engine looked like out of the car. Carlos took me through everything he was working on and even showed me pics of the work so far that they put onto disc for your records. Attention to detail is very high. Frank and the rest of his staff are very freindly. Mayur is the man to talk to. If you need something he will get it and if their are any questions he can answer them.

Riv