Austin | FerrariChat

Austin

Discussion in 'F1' started by bundas, Sep 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Any here attending? If my body does not fall apart I will be there. Looking foreward to the great Austin experience. Any FCA events scheduled?

2. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'm going with a few buddies for the first time. Just GA tickets, but I'm really excited for it. It'd be great if there were some FCA events while I'm there.

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    There are Hill Country club. Call them $125 each

4. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    I'll be there and am staying at the Granduca

there was supposed to be an FCA event on thursday, but it looks like it got cancelled/merged with the Ferrari North America event on Friday ($125/plate mentioned above)

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Bundas is, Mitchell Barnes. 8592278408. I am at the Van zant. Wed. Night at Angelina's. Franklin BBQ will fix in there somehow Dealer venue is nice

6. Jakillo

Jakillo Karting

May 29, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Jason Toms
    I'll be there at Turn 15!! Looking forward to it! :)

7. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I'll be in Turn 12 bleachers. Excited.

8. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Anyone know anything about the FNA event Friday night?

9. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'm driving RV -- camping.

I knew I should have bought that Ferrari Flag in Monterey.

10. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    Country club $125/plate dinner with some violinist as the special guest

11. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    2016 FCA USGP Reception –

Join us for a very special evening celebrating Ferrari and Formula 1 at the US Grand Prix in Austin on Friday, October 21, 2016! Cocktails and entertainment by Steinway Artist, Esteban Alvarez, at 7:00, followed by a sumptuous seated dinner at 8:00 (menu below), and closing with a very special performance at 9:00 by world renowned violinist, Elizabeth Pitcairn, and the most famous Stradivarius violin, the "Red Violin." They even made a full-length motion picture about this instrument called, the "Red Violin." Elizabeth is joining us direct from her concert tour in Bulgaria.

There will be a special exhibit of extremely rare and expensive Ferrari automobiles covering decades of the marque on display at the entrance to this beautiful venue. Attendees are encouraged to bring your Ferrari. There is plenty of parking and security.

Michael Schumacher's 2004 Formula 1 world championship car will be on display IN the ballroom.

Mark Sutton, the official Formula 1 photographer and Nikon Master from the UK, will be in attendance.

Owner of Formula Money, contributor to Forbes, Autoweek, and numerous other publications, nominated as Sports Writer of the Year, and personal confidant of Bernie's, will be in attendance.

Scheduled coverage of the event by television broadcast companies from around the world.

The menu opens with passed hors d'oeuvres of Stuffed Jalapeno Crostini, Stuffed Quail Breast Wrapped in Bacon, and Artichoke Boursin Fritter.

The salad is a Ballanfonte with Spinach, Romaine, Sweet Curried Almonds, Dried Cranberries, and Bleu Cheese with a Red Onion Vinaigrette.

There are two entree options that you will want to select from - Oak Grilled Tenderloin with Ancho Butter and Smoked Salmon with Texas Peach BBQ Sauce. Sharing the plate will be Caramelized Shallot Potatoes, Butternut Squash, and Asparagus.

And what else would you serve for desert in Texas but a Texas Pecan Ball!

There will also be an extensive cash bar and wine selection to choose from.

The event will be held at the beautiful Austin Country Club, 4408 Long Champ Drive Austin, Texas 78746. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, October 21, 2016.

For those of us who are passionate about Ferrari, the car, the man, the racing, and the lifestyle, this is an event that you do not want to miss.

Seating is limited so you will need to make your reservations ASAP!

Click the link below to make your reservations.

Registration Deadline is Monday, October 17, 2016.

Note: This will take you to a black screen. In the top right corner click "Enter using password." Your password is: Tifosi

https://ferrari-club-of-america-hill-country-chapter.myshopify.com/

12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    FYI, for those of us who attended last year and had to slog through the muddy parking lots, no more worries! I'm informed that the track paved all the lots since then, so even if it rains, you won't have to wade through ankle deep mud.

13. hairy_scotsman

hairy_scotsman Formula 3

Apr 3, 2013
    Austin, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #13 hairy_scotsman, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    That's what they've been saying - that 12000 parking spaces have been paved/upgraded. Epstein made a big deal out of this when he announced the "no mud on your shoes" policy. But I'll be damned if I know what they're referring to. All we've seen them do up til a couple days ago is add more road base to the parking access roads and pave a couple of the access roads closest to COTA Blvd. We can't see that anything at all has been done to the actual parking spaces in lots F, L, or N - the largest unpaved lots. Maybe they're talking about some parking spaces somewhere else. I dunno. Did they elaborate??

We were thinking somehow maybe they mean the shuttle lots at Burger Center and the Expo Center, but I don't think they have anywhere near 12000 spaces between them, and they're old lots.

14. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Interesting. No, they didn't elaborate.

15. hairy_scotsman

hairy_scotsman Formula 3

Apr 3, 2013
    Austin, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #15 hairy_scotsman, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Yeah then I have no idea what they mean. They certainly haven't "paved all the lots" as you indicated they're saying. Indeed I don't know of any lot that was dirt (mud) last year and is paved now. They all look basically the same as they always have.

Maybe they'll let us know this week.

16. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Last year was a disaster. I never got so soaked and full of mud ever in my life. Getting food from some of the vendors looked as if it came out of a photo album of the 1969 Woodstock mud fest. Its a shame because I was there for 2013 and 2014 and the weather was perfect. I brought some first timers with me that would never go again unfortunately. They really need to pave all the grass parking lots. That mud is like clay and you can't even wash it off your boots. But if the weather is as good as it usually is, you're in for a real treat. The track is beautiful and downtown Austin is amazing. Fanfest was relegated to a dirt lot last year though, which was also muddy :(

17. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Just signed up for the event at the Austin CC...looks like it'll be a great time.

18. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Its looking like race day will have great weather. This will be awesome!

Sounds like the FCA block of seats are at the top of the Turn 12 bleachers. I'll be below those guys at Turn 12; Row 9, Seats 1, 2, 3 & 4. Stop by!

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Stabilized is a better word....NOT paved..LOL!

Weather looks good though.
    Come on with it.

I m posting on the Texas Section thread...just noticed this one.
    Will miss you, Mitchell!!

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think I bought the last FCA seat package.....one lonely dot, on Ticketmaster.
    It is way up near the top.

21. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    What are the ticket prices? Curious, I paid 250eu at Monza
    for grandstand seat at the beginning of the front straight.

22. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Those are arguably the best seats in the house. I sat there 2 years in a row. You can see them coming down the straight then into many turns after.

https://vimeo.com/187876305

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My three day was $400, plus handling...and they were SOLD OUT of Parking to go with it....

It's just a Ticketmaster ticket too, no fancy printed card.
    Looks like I am going to a movie or something..

Guest Services will trade for a full size blank if you ask, but the Bar Code will be on this one.

24. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yes, I agree!

Still other views: Wheelchair spots at the top of Turn 15, you can turn around and see Turns 1, and 2 from there..

As far as watching the Start, Turn 1 (VIP) is pretty unbeatable.

I also watched from the roof of the Turn 2 VIP Buildings, a couple of times.

There's "better seats" than baking in the sun, at the top of the T12 bleachers.
    But they are very, very expensive......LOL!

25. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This one from 2013. Turn 11. When F1 cars sounded as they should 😞.

https://vimeo.com/187877667

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk