who is Reza Mokhtarian? | Page 108 | FerrariChat

who is Reza Mokhtarian?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rob lay, Apr 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

should all mention of Reza/OceanSky/Capital Trust Markets be removed?

1. yes - good guy, remove all content

2. no - users have right to post at own liability

3. thank goodness for spring!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  2. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
  3. Eccentric M

Eccentric M Karting

Sep 27, 2009
    CAN
    oh my how lewd.

4. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    He must have read our little thread and realized he was neglecting his instagram. 3 lame recycled posts in the last 24hrs

5. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Why anyone would trust this doofus **** with their money I'll never know.
    Usually scam artists are eloquent, charismatic and convey knowledge. He conveys being the spoiled son of a guy who owns pizza franchises.

6. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I don't mean to single you out, Karim. But this jerk is not going to get what he deserves.

Certainly not deportation. Canada barely knows the word.

And for a $5k claim, this won't go anywhere.

Just a reality check. This guy danced on the correct side of the legal line: not the right one. But he's fairly immune.

Read through this thread. It's kinda depressing. Nothing sticks to him.

Matt

7. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    #2683 KKSBA, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    I've been around enough years to notice karma usually gets its man. All we can do is watch ourselves and protect our friends and family.

He is imploding now. Fraud is not a term that would come up with my name, and I suspect yours either.

8. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
  9. Farooq B. Martinez-Cohen

Oct 5, 2016
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Farooq Martinez
    Hi Everyone - I think we need to assess some expectations on this case.

I have no formal knowledge whatsoever about the Canadian justice system, however, there should be some parallels with the US system to help us understand what is going on.

First and foremost: Many people following Mokhtarian (particularly his young adult followers) are expecting a trial and resolution (and possibly sentencing) on his court date of Weds. October 26. I have seen some social media reports that people are planning to travel to Toronto. I don't think this is possible if a jury is to be seated, discovery, motions, witness testimonies, defense preparation etc.. My belief this could be simply pre-trial status conference or something mundane.

Because we don't have a copy of the complaint or indictment we simply do not know what the basis for the government's (the Crown's) complaint. Perhaps someone can get a copy?

We do know the charge under the Criminal Code of Canada 380(1)(a) was fraud. Looking closely, at the language of the code "value of the subject-matter" and that Mokhtarian was charged with a single count could mean that the fraud could reference the "subject matter" e.g. a single entity, like a company. This is bolstered by the language in the OSC press release that he "[allegedly] committed this offence between the dates of July 1, 2013 and December 31, 2015."

So, Canadian prosecutors may be charging Mokhtarian on the basis of this "single entity" that he may have controlled which allegedly perpetuated the fraud, which the statue alleges defrauded the public in an amount in excess of $5000.

We do know that if convicted, he faces up to 14 years imprisonment.

We have to wait and see what the press or social media comes out with or wait until the court date.

If anyone is familiar with the Canadian justice system please let us know!

I find it amusing that major national and Toronto news outlets are repeatedly using the terms "Self-described millionaire" and "self-proclaimed Mississauga 'business icon'" in their reporting of the charges.

10. coppi

coppi Rookie

Mar 29, 2009
    I own a business in Ontario. We had an employee who was stealing small amounts from us over a one year period, added up to about $13k. He was charged with fraud over $5k and was sentenced to 4 months in prison plus a restitution order for the entire amount he stole. Our guy also now has a permanent criminal record which will make any employment in an industry that involves financial transactions very difficult, not to mention travel across international borders becomes tricky etc. So, while Reza probably won't get what he really deserves, it probably won't be a just a slap on the wrist either.

11. End of the roll

Jul 20, 2015
    The oct26 court date is simply a set date. You will see at least five more remands before it actually goes to trail.

And in that time reza lawyer will meet with the crown and try to get a reduce Sentence.

It's Harlious that some of his minions are planing to show up.
    I can just see it now when reza show up in court all these minions start woooooooooing and then there kicked from the court room lol.

And yes the media is using such a great picture of reza. If you ask anyone in the finincal world who is reza they don't know cause they never heard of him. Cause he just a little guppy in a large pond trying to get his share of naïve followers to line his pockets.

Like I've been saying from day one do your research. Google tells you a lot.

12. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason

Yup. Been there done that (suing). So many last minute schedule changes. Fire. Theft. Terminal illness. Etc. etc.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Bike

Bike Rookie

Jun 21, 2015
    Wow...

I take some time to take a small tour on my motorcycle and I miss all these latest developments? Time will tell what -if any- consequences Reza actually suffers. At the very least, ferrarichat and the other sites who stood up to Reza and his minions are vindicated.

Reza will have a hard time to scam people in the future unless he changes his name.

14. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Nothing like good news! I can't stand fraudsters.

15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The thread did go stagnant for some time...

16. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    And yet the bankers who created the 2009 debacle got off scot free to do it all again. I think you are all chasing a bad guy but perhaps not the most deserving one

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    all bad guys deserve being taken down, the bankers didn't come on FerrariChat lying to us and challenging us. bankers are someone elses fight.

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    agree

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nobody is saying the bankers should get off scott-free.

As Rob said, they all need to burn.

20. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Anyone visit the courthouse this morning to see our friend?

21. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    "do you not see I have over 2Million global followers that have my back and support me..."

I see, as of today, according to the poll, 33 of his 2million have voted their support.
    What a schmuck.

22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No room, his 2 million followers took all the spots

23. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What ever happened to this big bag of **** anyway ?

24. Farooq B. Martinez-Cohen

Oct 5, 2016
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Farooq Martinez
    All -

Reza is holding a live, in-person event in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) as part of his company "Kaizen".

The event will happen on Thursday November 10, 2016 at:

Westmount Conference Center
    227 Bowes Road
    Vaughan, Ontario

Doors open 6:30 PM.

Source: See Reza's Facebook Page

More to follow on the latest developments.