Ferrari F40 in Ottawa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F40 in Ottawa

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Scuderia_Ferrari, Sep 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Man, that is one spotting I have yet to see.

I've seen many cars but the only time I've seen a damn F40 live was when I was a pup starring through the windows at Gentry Lane.

2. SteveBrandon

SteveBrandon Karting

Jun 15, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada.
    Full Name:
    Steve Brandon
    Apologies for bumping a 12 year-old thread but I spotted an F40 driving north on Fisher Avenue, crossing Meadowlands Drive, at around 5:30pm on Wednesday, October 5th, 2016. I spotted it from the 111 bus and, while I had a camera in my front pocket, I didn't get enough time to snap a picture (although I posted an "amazing" re-creation on my Twitter account involving a 1/43 scale Hot Wheels model and a Google Street view background).

I have no idea if it was real or a replica (probably the latter, I know), but I've lived in Ottawa for almost 12 years now and, while I've seen plenty of different Ferraris in this city over the last decade, both on the road and at Ferrari Fest, this was the first time I've seen an F40, real or otherwise, since moving here. Anyone know of any F40s or convincing replicas thereof in the Ottawa area today, in 2016, and not twelve years ago?

3. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    The owner of OB prestige recently acquired a 1990 F40 from Ferrari Quebec. Perhaps that's the car you saw...

4. jqpd99

jqpd99 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2007
    Ottawa
    Full Name:
    DFO
    #29 jqpd99, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  5. SteveBrandon

SteveBrandon Karting

Jun 15, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada.
    Full Name:
    Steve Brandon
    Thanks for the confirmation, now I regret not getting a photo even more if it was indeed the real deal and not a replica (not like the awful Camaro F40 the guy from Pincourt mentioned in this thread 12 years ago; coincidentally, I also used to live in Pincourt and remember seeing that "F40" occasionally).

I really hope that F40 is at Ottawa Ferrari Fest next June.

6. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    There is also another gentleman who was looking to purchase an F40. He lives in the western part of town.

7. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Started this thread when I was 14 years old. Am now 26. Oh how time flies.

Saw the F40 myself last week parked in front of a shop on Lineback Road.

8. teknikl

teknikl Karting

Sep 16, 2009
    I saw a red F40 turning into the new mark motors on Montreal rd in the fall, it looked to be really small for a Ferrari F40 though, were they not wide and long cars?

9. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    #34 Indyjones, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They come in all sizes :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. seabass23

seabass23 Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    St Albert, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Now it's time to own one: KULU Motorcar Inc.