599 @ ***************** | FerrariChat

599 @ *****************

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Vito, Oct 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    I am in NY and am interested in a 2007 599 offered by ***************** in Atlanta. The car is NART blue with 13K miles. Does anyone know the car - VIN - 153873? Is anyone familiar with Merlin? Do they have a good reputation and are they trustworthy? Additionally, I would like advice about a PPI in the Atlanta area. I've heard about Old World Motor Cars in Tucker and Ron Reineke also in Tucker. Does Ferrari of Atlanta do PPIs? Thank you for your comments and suggestions relative to Merlin and local PPIs.

2. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    If it's a Ferrari at Merlin, then chances are if they've had it serviced, then Ron Reineke was the guy that did the service. I'd give Ron a call.

3. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #3 fedgery77, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    I actually visited Merlin about a month or so ago looking for a 360 (although I ended up gravitating to the 348). They were extremely nice and helpful and had a bunch of cars to look at. They all looked to be in very good condition. The one catch, in my opinion, was that their prices were much higher than what I was seeing in the market. Their pricing was also strange...one time I would go to their website and the car would be one price, then the next day it would be $5000 more then the following week it would be $2000 less. Then I would find the same care on AutoTrader and it would be a different price.

Ferrari of Atlanta does not do PPIs. I called Ron, who is the nicest guy ever by the way, and he does them. Just was a scheduling problem for me. But he's definitely the man when it comes to Ferraris.

Merlin said they serviced all of their vehicles before offering them for sale. I inquired about their 348 Spider and their service records, and they actually did not have them at the time...which I thought was strange. I saw another 348TS there which they had just gotten in but they didn't have service records on that one either. They were trying to get them though.

I ultimately ended up buying from an individual.

Hope this helps.

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I don't know much about Merlin - I have seen their ebay ads, what I find strange is you have to make an appointment to view the car? .... I hope they are better than Select Luxury...

Ron is top class, and very in the know for Ferrari's.

5. mred

mred Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    There is quite a bit of info on the car on VINwiki.

I saw it at Caffeine and Exotics the other day. Looked good.

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    My dad bought his XKR from Merlin. Very good experience and ended up fixing a few small things for him on the house after he noticed them (scuff on bumper, small vibration in front wheel). Their prices do seem to be a bit higher though, but they will deal to a certain extent.

I talked to Mike, a service writer there a while back, they do not call them PPI's for liability reasons but they will do a thorough inspection, pretty much the same thing. I've seen a few places handle that the same way.

7. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Thanks for the information

8. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    Wanted to offer some clarity here -- we do try to work by appointment, but we're also open Monday-Friday from 9AM-6PM EST and will always accommodate someone dropping in.

9. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    Hopefully I can provide some understanding in regard to the another post above as well --

We commit that each Ferrari we sell will be up to date with service. Whether we can do this with history from the previous owner, or entity from which we purchase the car, or we have to perform the service ourselves, this is our commitment to our clients. As Ferrari owners, I think we would all agree it is worth taking the time to research if a service was recently done, and chase down the indisputable proof, before completing that service on our own.

Unfortunately, this can take some time, and leave us guessing which is what the post above must be referring to. Sorry for any confusion, but trust, if you buy a Ferrari here, and the service is not up to date, it is because it was asked to be that way.

Thanks all, Meagan