Good Air Conditioner Shop? | FerrariChat

Good Air Conditioner Shop?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Red Mist, Jun 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Red Mist

Red Mist Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    SEATTLE, WA
    Full Name:
    MARTY KULINA
    While we are looking for GOOD shops, how about some recommendations in Seattle for AC repair?

2. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This guy comes to you, anywhere. He refilled the Bora and determined that a pressure switch was bad which we quickly dealt with.
    Has full compressor, evacuator/capture tank and sniffer for leak detection:

RICKS MOBILE AIR CONDITIONING
    Bellevue,WA 98004
    (206) 499-3371

3. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    We have Rick come to the shop I work at whenever we need AC discharging and recharging. He's a great guy to deal with

whatheheck likes this.
  4. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    I've used Fred from http://www.rechargeman.com/ for both my 330 and 308. He comes with everything in his truck. He also was able to make a new fitting for the evaporator in the 330 that was leaking.

5. jimveres

jimveres Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Plus one on Rick's Mobile Air Conditioning! Kevin came by today to check and recharge my 328 GTS. He knew just what to do, was extremely professional, was fun to watch and had the job done in under an hour. I was very impressed.

6. masonb

masonb Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    It is interesting that they are mobile. If I may ask, how expensive is an A/C house call?

I realize a lot of the cost is the actual refrigerant (if a car is still on R12) or potentially parts. I'm just curious what the minimum looks like if you are in need of a charge of R134a.

Maybe I will call later this week. :)

7. jimveres

jimveres Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    I sent you a private message.
    Cheers,
    Jim V.

8. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Jim,

Does your 328 still have run R12? Just curious if Rick's works with it still.

Gary

9. jimveres

jimveres Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Yes, the '89 328 still has the original 1989 R12 system in it. I wanted to keep it stock and Rick was fine working with it. He had an R12 system equipped with a new canister of R12. He also had an R134 system in his van so he was ready to work on either type of system.