Richmond Area Carb Tuner | FerrariChat

Richmond Area Carb Tuner

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by muk_yan_jong, Nov 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McKeown
    A buddy of mine has a restomod '65 Mustang and needs someone with a dyno and/or a 5gas with the ability to tune carb.

Is there anyone local (or relatively local) with the confidence?

2. 308steve

308steve Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    You might want to hit up the Richmond VA Cars and Coffee Facebook page. I'm sure there is someone on that forum that can make a great recommendation.

3. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Brian,

It's been a long time man...how are you?

With regards to your post, has your friend looked at Sportscar Workshop? They are located at 1210 Myers Street, Richmond, VA 23230 their website is: Sportscar Workshops | We perform routine maintenance, repairs and restorations on the world?s highest performance, most complicated and rare automobiles of all ages.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but I know they are one of the sponsors of the Classics on the Green car show held in Richmond area. I hope they are able to help him out.

Bill P.

4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Years ago they were iffy at best. Maybe improved? Think there's a shop in Goochland with a dyno. Between Shortpump and Oilville. See if I can find it.

5. wahoo5

wahoo5 Karting

Nov 9, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    The best Ford tuner in the area is Kevin Adolph. His contact info and background are here. He is extremely honest and competent. I don't specifically how much experience he has with carbs, but he will give you a straight answer when you ask him.

Home ? FlimFlam Speed & Custom Tuning

David

6. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McKeown
    Cool. Thanks. A few options to call. I'll let everyone know the results.

Hey Bill. It's been an interesting few years. PM me when you're near Richmond.