Yellow and Black Parts Boxes | FerrariChat

Yellow and Black Parts Boxes

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by james patterson, Nov 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. james patterson

james patterson Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 8, 2003
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    James Patterson
    It looks like Ferrari has done away with the yellow and black parts boxes in favor of a rather boring grey tone box. Personally I am sad to see the traditional yellow and black box go but I guess that is progress.

Side note - what will be the market out look for the 'classic' Ferrari parts boxes?

2. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Depends. How many people used the box? Do you have receipts to show when the packing tape was last changed? Does it still have the original bubble wrap and packing peanuts?

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    And then there is the all-important measurement of condition known as "shelf wear."

4. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    So will parts prices plummet now that we don't get the yellow boxes with the horsey? I mean the AC parts are GM, the ignition & some electrical are Mercedes/Volvo/Porsche ... Must we now be deprived of the thrill of paying premium parts prices so we can distance ourselves from those unwashed masses?

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Haha - about a month back I started saving those boxes.

I promise - I had no inside information :)

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Someone was selling those [empty] boxes on ebay awhile back. Crazy money for them too.

7. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    You'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath while I'm waiting. ;)

8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Cheap suckers! Pretty soon they will make the Ferrari/chinese boxes so thin that the ink will bleed through to the other side and when you pick up the box the oil filter will fall out the bottom of the box. Take your pick gents, "laugh or cry" when soon you see a little dent on the top of your installed oil filter.

9. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I have one of those yellow boxes the size of a shoe box which held my Ferrari first aid kit I ordered. Planning to keep it :)

10. james patterson

james patterson Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 8, 2003
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    James Patterson
    #10 james patterson, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There may be a developing bubble in the Ferrari parts box market so I think we may all want to hold on to any of the classic yellow boxes - as for aesthetic I prefer the simple yellow box with the plain horse and Ferrari script.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login