Ferrari Finali Mondiali - Daytona 2016 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Finali Mondiali - Daytona 2016

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Scott98, Aug 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    Is there any additional info about the world record attempt?

2. marlow3

marlow3 Karting

Jan 20, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Marlow Miller
    What additional information would you like to know? I will do my best to get your questions answered.
    Marlow

3. roverse3

roverse3 Karting

Nov 21, 2005
    Lombard, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. roverse3

roverse3 Karting

Nov 21, 2005
    Lombard, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Does anyone know how to get in one of the sponsors hot lap cars? I know sometimes if you donate to a charity you can get a ride. Does anyone have any info on how I can go for a lap or two around the track?

5. Brian Elliston

Brian Elliston F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Brian Elliston
    I'd like info on that as well. If anybody needs a copilot for the world record attempt let me know;)

6. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thank you!
    Bill
    FL

7. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Based on the description, this is not a charity donors' ride. This is a sponsors' ride for the dozens of sponsors that have chipped in thousands and thousands of dollars in order for their drivers to compete in this (very expensive, it must be said) racing series throughout the past year.

I am always open to being proven wrong of course. But if there were an option for people to buy a ride, we would hear about it.

And if you were qualified to get a few hot laps as a sponsor, your wallet would already know about it.

8. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Quick add on... Pirelli has been a long time sponsor, including lending their name to the Trofeo Pirelli championship.

Perhaps hit up Pirelli on what they might be offering?

9. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    I don't understand the schedule???

All I see on it are races and practices. I don't see the world record attempt, I don't see the Ferrari F1 demonstrations....

Shouldn't there be a more detailed program with things to see & things to do at the event along with location, details, cost, timeline, etc...

Is it just me? What am I missing here?

10. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    It is not clear IMO either. Somewhere it appeared the record attempt was Saturday evening if read correctly. As for the demonstrations, I'd like clearity here too.

There is another note here to mention. Weekend tickets at most links are more expensive than what the track offers through its ticket office 1 800 PIT SHOP.
    $60 for four day pass plus $30 for event parking.
    This does not include the record attempt participation ticket of $50.
    Bill
    FL

11. FLVICE

FLVICE Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2006
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Edward
    is it correct that you have to purchase a Premium pass $175 in order to participate in the world record attempt which is an additional $50?

12. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Note that track access is not the same as Ferrari access, the $175 is access to Ferrari VIP area's.

S

13. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Yes.

14. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    #39 IDriveM5, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    I thought I'd post my progress here for the group. It's pretty hard to figure out what to do. Event schedule:
    Schedule - Daytona International Speedway

My 6 year old daughter and I are flying from Ohio to DAB on Friday morning, leaving Sunday night. I've rented a car from DAB though I might not really need it, we'll see. Obviously not bringing my Ferrari.
    My chosen hotel is the Quality Inn Daytona Speedway. No idea if this hotel has ANY affiliation with the event or any club or block of rooms. I reserved under the AAA rate for about $180/night. Hotel claims to be a 5 minute walk from the track, and it seems really close on google maps but I'll see how close it really is when I get there.
    I bought two ticket packages, essentially. From Daytona Speedway, I bought the "High Banks Suite Package" package for around $550 which includes Select days admission, parking, and lounge access.
    Fan Hospitality - Daytona International Speedway
    I also added a Friday ticket, though I probably didn't need to.

Then, I also bought certain tickets from Ferrari including: Ferrari Fan Pass @ $175 and Finali Mondiali Dinner @ $250. Can't find a link to explain these items, but I'm sure others have posted that up.
    I really want to get in on some customer test drives and laps while I'm there but I don't know how. I've contacted two dealers I know and no luck so far. I'm on the list to order the 488, so I'd at least like to drive that model. Any thoughts?

I'm excited, it'll be a nice event and a great chance to share the passion with my young daughter who bleeds Rosso Corsa just like me.

15. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    IDrive, there are many nearby hotels & restaurants; some are literally across the street from the track. Hope you and your daughter enjoy it!

16. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Thanks! I'm well covered for lodging and food this time.

17. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    I'm staying at Quality Inn also, I'll arrive Friday night.

18. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Is anyone doing the drive from Miami>Naples>Orlando>Daytona?

19. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I can only attend on Sunday. Are there one day tickets available?

20. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I think you can buy 1 day tickets directly from the Daytona Speedway website. Sunday will be a good day because I believe the F1 show will occur that afternoon.

21. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Look out for me, I'll be the Indian guy with a young daughter in tow.

22. Goonthree

Goonthree Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Orlando
    I am going there from Orlando. I just signed up for the premium one and record breaking thing.

23. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I am flying into Orlando from Philadelphia and driving to Daytona in a rental car.
    I was unable to get a direct flight to Daytona and hoping the ride from Orlando isn't a big deal. I am taking my son for his 16th birthday and trying to show him the whole Ferrari
    experience. Flying first class, bought VIP passes and doing the dinner on Saturday night too
    Hopefully this will give him a taste of what you can have if you work hard and do good in school. Hopefully I can meet other F chatters there too. Maybe we need a special handshake
    For our secret society.... :)

24. Goonthree

Goonthree Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Orlando
    Drive from Orlando to Daytona is a breeze!.

25. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I am leaving/ driving up Saturday and returning Sunday.