Best Insurance company for FF | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best Insurance company for FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by islandtrader, Aug 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    Yep. My experience too

2. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Thanks - is the AIG private client group a must for high value coverages? Or is that something which would be considered an upgrade in order to purchase coverage?

3. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yea, what policy type exactly am I asking for if I call AIG?

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    just ask them to quote your property, cars, jewelry and and umbrella and see where they come in

5. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Great thanks

6. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    Yes thanks, I am looking at AIG as well now.

7. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    you want to talk to an AIG Private Client Group rep - have them take you through the process, and I'd lean towards letting them do an evaluation vs. just cross-quoting current coverages.

For the cars, AIG PCG does offer Agreed Value and Collector policies, we have AV on our expensive cars, C on our 355 and "regular" on our leased Cayenne and my Abarth

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    call Mike Rosenberg and bedrick kaitz in NYC - he does all the car guys

9. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Consider Pure too instead of AIG. For me they were somewhat cheaper and way cheaper than Chubb.

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Pure didnt come close on the cars for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I pay 1800 for my FF through Geico, in Florida.

They also wrote a custom policy for mclaren and lamborghini, they didnt want to insure either as it wasnt in system but I told them to ask higher up to custom underwrite it.

I pay half as much as I did with USAA

12. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    How are you guys getting in touch with AIG or Chubb? Is it through a broker or direct? I have all my stuff with Allstate and they quoted me $1,200 every 6 months on a 458 I was interested in. I'm in Mississippi.

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    always use a broker for chubb/aig
    call mike Rosenberg as I said before. 212-563-5800

14. biotequity

biotequity Rookie

Jun 22, 2012
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Michael Taylor
    Chubb quoted me 10k (and i have them already for umbrella and homeowners)
    Geico is 4800 for 4 cars including aa f355 and cali30.

15. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Greco might not use OEM parts for repair?

16. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    That's with the ff correct?

17. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    When I was a broker we used AIG's private client group for some of my clients who wanted to go with them, against my recommendation. AIG is much more flexible in their underwriting at the go in but until you have a claim with them that was anything significant or out of the ordinary you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE IN FOR! I have had to assist a few of my clients suing them to collect what was owed. And that is a FACT! Would I ever use AIG? Yes, but only if they were literally the only game in town. If Chubb or any other reasonable (from my experience) companies were 20%-30% higher I would pick the other company on the chance I might have a claim.

The difference between Chubb and AIG is that Chubb expects to pay claims and on the same basis as the client expects them to be paid, novel concept for most insurance companies. Chubb is the best claims paying company of ANY insurance company period! AIG is perhaps the worst claims paying company of ANY and I have over 40 years of insurance brokerage experience to back up that statement.

The problem with Chubb is they are very inflexible on their underwriting at the go in, they always know they are right and everyone else is misguided or misinformed but if you can live with Chubb’s underwriting they are great. That said they would not underwrite me because I live in a rural “brush” area on an orchard which they don’t like but they would likely do my autos otherwise but they really want all a client’s business when high valued cars are involved.

18. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    wow, surprised to get your take on AIG.

Speaking from history in the past 4 years, I've had to have them help me with 1 small on-road incident, 1 totaled and 1 badly damaged Ferrari and a significant homeowners claim. The AIG service itself was great; with the cars, it was also very quick. For the home, I think they must have issued 10 checks throughout, I think one of them got jammed up which required a quick call to sort.

I'm unsure when you were using AIG, I know over past 6-8 (?) years they have tried to upgrade their customer care in the private client group business,

19. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    My direct dealings go from 1971 to 2010 when I retired from the insurance business. At that time we employed about 200 folks. All those dealing with AIG had similar experiences as I. It was kind of a joke when someone was having a problem with them, "and what did you expect"?

We only accessed that market defensively or when their no other reasonably price solutions. AIG main competitive basis was generally price. We informed our clients to expect claims problems so we did not get the blow back. On small or clear cut matters no problem only on larger or complicated issues.

So now you are telling me that they have changed their spots after all of those years of unsatisfactory claims handling and marginal questionable dealings. Hmmmmmmmm I guess anything is possible but not on my nickel. Perhaps with Hank Greenberg gone from the helm and the company being restructured after being bailed out maybe??? I wish you the best and good luck.

spyderman likes this.
  20. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I don't doubt your experience. At the same time 6 years is long enough for a sea change.

21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #46 randkin, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    It sounds like you would also like to drink the "koolaid" - go for it with my blessing.

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I can only tell you about my experiences with both AIG and Chubb. Chubb was used until about 6 years ago. AIG since then... Chubb was excellent when there was damage to my home. AIG was excellent when I had a boo boo in the garage (I was positive my car was in R: I pressed R, I was sure I heard the bing bing sound, but in fact it was in 1 and I moved about 10" forward with throttle intended to move backwards out of the garage.. instead I moved forwards and felt how nice and soft the bumper feels as it goes into a hard concrete wall...)

I suppose its likely company policies as well as personnel change over time...

23. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes, the only constant in life is change.

But none of the claims represented above are anything but minor bumps in the road any company will handle the bumps with no problem. I am talking about serious problems, serious fire/water damage to a custom home, serious vehicle damage to very expensive car (how the car is repaired - not totaled, by whom and for what amount), large liability and umbrella claims - 6 to 7 figures (with a complete denial of the claim and having to get an attorney to sue AIG replete with punitive damages). Now you have somewhat idea what I am talking about. So until someone tells me that they have had this magnitude of problem and it was handled to their satisfaction I reserve my opinion to my prior experience with AIG.

It is easy to see that none of the proponents of AIG have ever had a major problem and I sincerely hope they never do especially with their carrier AIG. The real integrity of a company is not discovered in piddle little claims under $50k - $100k but where the real rubber meets the road.

I would like to hear from the Fchater attorneys in the group who have the pleasure of dealing with AIG let them chime in how on how great of company AIG is to deal with? I have many attorney friends who share my feelings about AIG.

My favorite expression is “I don’t know what I don’t know” and I expect that is true of most of us.

24. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    I think AIG is great. I had an unfortunate flood incident with my $230k Aston Rapide S. AIG took care of everything and fast. No issues, no headaches. Just professional service and follow up afterward to be sure I was satisfied with the process. I had USAA before and they sucked compared to AIG.

25. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #50 randkin, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    OK, that's one if not a total loss. If it was a total it is not a debatable claim. On flood losses most all companies just total the car and walk away from them they cannot deny the claim. The company is afraid of spending much more $$$ repairing the car over time than totaling it. They know if they repair the car there is a long tail on those kind of water damage claims. So no real point made in my mind if a total loss on the vehicle, AIG is simply cutting their loss and claims adjustment expense.

You are the first person I have ever heard of that didn't care for USAA although I have never represented them. I had heard they were one of the best companies but have no first hand experience with them.

I particularly wanted to hear from some insurance or plantiff attorneys and their general assessments of the “new” AIG. But I am not drinking the “Kool-Aid” just way too many law suits and problems for me over the years unless they become the only game in town at that point I will re-access my position or perhaps if a insurance (not one of the AIG's in house or retained counsel) attorney told me they were a new company with a few positive dealings with them.

But hey if you guys love AIG more power to you all. No difference to me one way or the other.