Wanted used 550 shock mount | FerrariChat

Wanted used 550 shock mount

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ferraridriver, Jul 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I need a couple of old worn out 550 upper front shock mounts for a project. Anyone know of any, maybe at a wreckers/breakers?

Thanks, Dave

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  3. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    I have a few and Cad files if needed. Call me Tuesday afternoon.

4. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Danny to the rescue.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

5. pkl03

pkl03 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I know this an old post, but I'm looking for two used shock mounts.

Condition not important as I want to send to Delta Vee for upgrade then swap out on my car.

Please PM me.

Thanks in advance

6. DJW

DJW Karting

Oct 19, 2001
    NJ
    #6 DJW, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have 2 rear shocks i purchased used for the same reason, one has been done by delta Vee, for budget constraints i didn't send both at once. At this point I am not sure I want to complete the project, PM me if interested.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Is this a part that needs to be changed after a while? I have some "chassis / wheel noise" on my 550... Will new shock mounts make it quiet again? I can not imagine that anyone would pay 200.000 euro/dollars for a car new with this kind of noise. Thanks for sharing.

8. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No, New mounts will not stop the noise, only reduce is a bit. You need the modified rear mounts first, all four is even better.

I know because that was the first thing I tried before coming up with the modification which I turned over to DeltaVee.

9. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Very interesting... Can you describe it more in detail please?

10. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
  11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Dave! Your fix is just amazing! I want all four done if possible? Yesterday, I was in Milan with my 140.000 miles 2002 M3 which is even harder than the Maranello and is riding on 19" original rims. I can tell you... It felt like driving on a horisontal stair... This is a very old town, and when testdriving a 1985 Maserati Biturbo S (with 205/55-15) original wheels, I found out that the Italian 30 year old rat was better suited and had a far superior ride in town than the much faster and better build Bimmer. That is pretty much a hard confession to make! My 550 has 111.111 kms. at the moment and it is no secret that this car also has to get some more love speaking of the chassis.. I have just repainted it, and take one thing at a time. The 550 has been checked and has no really worn parts in the suspention and wishbones etc. And all four wheels has been alligned to factory spec. Despite that, I can not believe people would pay 200.000 euro for a car that rides this hard!! Conclution is: I want to make it as smooth as possible!! Also, I can not notice any ride difference wether the sport button is on or off, but sport comes up in the display and tracktion control is affected so the system works, but I might think that the actuators are not working..

12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dave turned the whole thing over to Delta Vee. They will be happy to do all four of your shocks for you.

13. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thank you. Right now I need the car, so I have to wait a little bit. New business investments in progress too... 😉