I may need a Contract Lawyer in Florida | FerrariChat

I may need a Contract Lawyer in Florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by OUMick, Nov 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Long story short we backed out of contract to buy a business. I need to get my deposit money back. Any help will be appreciated.

2. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I am not a lawyer but I do have some experience but still take this post as a non legal guess.

If he said this and through due diligence it was something else. A lawyer may be able to get you out of the contract.

If you signed a contract and just changed your mind I suspect he will hold you to it.

My thoughts are just my opinion you should get a lawyer or stay with your signed agreement.

Good luck

Lee

3. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike

Agreed but they didn't run the business in the manner they had in the past. (It's a seasonal business they opened 2 weeks late, didn't advertise as before and have their programs in place until much later than normal). Had a 55% sales decrease in the 1st month year to year. There is a clause in contract they had to continue to run the business as usual.

I'm not a lawyer but even their business broker had issues with their performance.