1995 Ferrari F355 Spider 3 pedal $43K. Sacramento. 49K miles | FerrariChat

1995 Ferrari F355 Spider 3 pedal $43K. Sacramento. 49K miles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by carwhisperer, Oct 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carwhisperer

carwhisperer Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #1 carwhisperer, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1995 Ferrari F355 Spider. 3.5 litre V8 with 5 valves per cylinder. 380hp. Weight is 3100lbs. 49,500 miles. Clean Title in hand and in my name. Clean Carfax. Car runs good and has had the timing belts and all other belts changed within the last year. I did the belt change myself and I have documentation (receipts and pictures) to verify. 6 speed manual transmission.

Has Ferrari 360 wheels with 285/40/18 tires in the rear. I custom milled these wheels to fit the F355. I no longer have the original wheels. New Goodyears in the back. Pirellis in the front with lots of tread.

Aftermarket seats but the original seats are included. The dash was recovered with vinyl. It looks OK but has a couple wrinkles and should be redone.

This car has two ECU's. The 1-4 CEL is on most of the time. I haven't read the code to find out why. The 5-8 light comes on sometimes.

Tags are good through November 2016. I have owned this car for one year. It passed smog back then but the CEL will need to be sorted out before it is smogged again.

The engine makes a ticking sound when warmed up. I believe it is a lifter but I suppose there is some chance it is a cracked header. It is not too loud and is only present from about 1200rpm up to about 2500rpm. The noise seems to be getting quieter if anything. Eric Corfee of Corfee Car Care (an independent exotic car repair shop in Sacramento) said he didn't think it was serious and suggested I drive the car, which I have done! I have taken it to Tahoe, Monterey, Pollock Pines several times, to local shows like Cars and Coffee and even to work a few times. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and drive it anywhere.

There is a line in the front fiberglass bumper. It looks like it is from a repair. The convertible top doesn't work. I never wanted it up so I didn't put any time into that. I know for one thing it needs hydraulic fluid in the reservoir.

Car is fun to drive. Accelerates, corners, brakes and turns heads like a Ferrari should. It's not perfect but I think it might be the least expensive F355 in the country with a clean title and clean CarFax.

Brian
    five 30 five 54 seven four 01
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    If the £ wasn't so weak, I'd be having this! GLWS

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    How much will it cost to turn it back over?

4. JoeAsheville

JoeAsheville Rookie

Jun 15, 2014
    Still strong compared to the dollar.

Do you mean, so strong that I could nearly cut the asking price in half...?

5. carwhisperer

Sep 29, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Haha the pictures were right side up before I uploaded them!

6. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    The ticking noise may be as simple as one of the exhaust gaskets.
    It was on mine, tech took a small piece of hollow hose, held it to his ear and touched it around and said......"2 nd cylinder back....gasket"

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #7 ryalex, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    At this point it's probably more pragmatic for the buyer to just to disconnect or remove the top motor and convert the top to manual use. Do you have the leather cover for the top?

Potential buyers should realize that any 355 with more than 100 miles has or will need a repainted and/or repaired bumper! That's because the first thing any owner does is scrape and crunch the nose on every driveway, divot, speedbump, slight incline, puddle and/or shadow. Getting it repaired and painted every X,000 miles is something you budget for with these cars.

GLWS I'm sure it will go quickly as your pricing is reasonable.

8. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Just the current US GBP exchange rate....bought my last car at $1.58 now its $1.21

9. carwhisperer

Sep 29, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yes I do have the tonneau cover. It doesn't have any split seems and is pretty soft but I think it is missing a clip or two. It is tan and I don't really like the tan look so I don't have it on the car. I looked for a black one for a while.

10. carwhisperer

Sep 29, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #10 carwhisperer, Nov 15, 2016
    1995 F355 Spider with clean title and clean carfax. Just under 50,000 miles. Just passed California smog. Clean California Title in my name with up to date registration (through November 2017) and insurance.

360 wheels with near new Goodyear Eagle F1 285/40/18's in the back. Pirelli Pzero 215/45/18's in the front with lots of tread. Original wheels are not available.

Body is quite nice overall but does have a few rock chips and a small dent in the driver's door near the key slot, which won't show up in a picture. I give the paint/body an 8/10. Not faded anywhere.

I changed the timing belts and all other belts in January 2016. I documented this service but have no other service records.

Most everything works including the HVAC, power windows, etc. Runs excellent but engine has a light intermittent ticking noise from time to time. 6 speed manual gearbox and clutch seem perfect. Brakes and steering are good. Has aftermarket seats but the original seats, which need recovering, are included in the sale. Top goes up and down but has some tears and should be replaced. Tonneau cover is included but is missing a couple clips. Dash was recovered but doesn't look quite right and needs to be redone.

The ABS malfunction light and the adjustable shocks malfunction lights are on. I believe the shocks are on the firm setting. I cannot detect any symptoms with the ABS, but it should still be sorted.

Belly pan has some cracks and has had some repairs done to it. It's off the car now but goes on fine.

I believe this is the cheapest 355 in the country at $43K. Located in Northern California.

If interested please use the phone number or email below, as I don't check my Fchat mailbox too often.

Brian
    530 five five 4 7 four 01

broth at sanjuan dot edu

11. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Holy Moly this is steal!!!

12. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Agree should go fast ;)
    GLWS

13. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    #13 ///Mike, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  14. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

#14 dwhite, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    So buy it! Seems to have a few issues IMO.

15. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    By the time you're done fixing the issues you'll be down another 10K or so and then you have a 50K mile car...priced right imo.

16. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Wow what a great price!

17. mid-fun

mid-fun Rookie

Oct 6, 2016
    Metro D.C.
    It nice to see a Ferrari that's been driven. It'd be good to buy and use as a daily driver, not having to worry about door dings. Every errand would be a blast!

18. Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Agree about being priced right. That was my initial gut feeling too so checked NADA and they are pretty much in the same ballpark with that price.

1995 Ferrari F355 Value | Spider Prices and Book Value

Must be said though...Honest seller that has detailed the issues with the car. To be congratulated as it saves everyone time.

19. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wow, those are some huggy-bear seats.

20. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    This car will for sure need a proper major and belts are not a full major. Suspension and brakes [remember lights are on] need attention as well as some other things that may not be known. Add $20kUSD to this project, plus the unknowns and all will need attention from a true Ferrari mechanic.

Don't be so enthrolled by price to a model, the cheapest Ferrari is the most expensive.

OP - I'm not poo pooing your sale, but reality from a 355 owner helps protect others from the red fever. Fchat is a community.

21. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    This should go ASAP.

22. carwhisperer

Sep 29, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #22 carwhisperer, Nov 19, 2016
  23. carwhisperer

Sep 29, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Also, the aluminum ECU cover for the passenger side of the engine compartment is missing.

24. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    It's a project for sure. Folks shouldn't be so quick to affirm great deals. The OP has been fairly forthcoming and the car is what it is. If you want it and want to spend the funds to restore and save it, good on ya'! They are all works of art and value is all perception.

25. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    awesome buy.

put a roll bar in it and make an open air 355 challenge out of her.

GLWS