ceramic coating and places to go | FerrariChat

ceramic coating and places to go

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 2Veloce, Oct 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    Any thoughts of the different ceramic coatings on the market? Looking to detail/coat my 15 458 spider. I had the 3M film placed in the front, side rocker panels and rear.. Looking to ways to preserve and enhance the finish on my car. Always concerned about them buffing a new car ( for any swirls) Just my old fashion thought, let alone place/UV light when they apply the coating(s) . Any thoughts and experiences with Kamilaze(575-775) Gyeon ( 1495) or Modesta nano coatingBC-104 ( 1995). The cost is in brackets. Live in Annapolis will travel. So far the Shine Shop in Reistertown Md has good votes. Thanks in advance..

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

For the Shine Shop, I've met Mike and his wife at their shop. Plus seen his work. Definitely recommend him.
    Edit: no direct experience with these coatings - was going to have him do a new Suburban but I sold it (terrible vehicle). And I never followed up with my Expedition.
    From their August email:
    ###
    Hello!

A lifetime of passion and 17 years of full-time dedication and hard work have paid off - The Shine Shop is very proud to let everyone know that Mike is now an Authorized Installer for three of the finest ceramic and glass automotive paint protections available - Modesta, Gyeon and Kamikaze Collection!

Though Mike has already done installations for many of you, and you have already come to know the benefits of a coating vs. a synthetic wax, please take a look at our website for information on the latest in coating technology that now provides 2, 3, 5 or even up to 10 years of continuous protection.

If you haven’t tried a coating installation yet, please take a look at the information on our site and on the sites of the manufacturers - you will be amazed!

Winter will be here sooner than we like, make sure that your vehicle is prepared with a coating that will not only protect it but require much less maintenance to keep that great just detailed look!

As always, if you have any questions - please do not hesitate to get in touch, we will be happy to get you set up for a coating installation or answer any questions that you may have.

3. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I've used Brian at Speedfreak Detailing. He did a few cars for me and is good. Not cheap, but is very detail oriented and takes pride in his work.

4. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    I ordered the Kamikaze coating and the sacrificial layer material (not inexpensive). I washed my 360 very well and used a backpack leaf blower in the shade to dry. Applying the coatings is easy!!!!!

Great results and long lasting shine. Highly recommended!!!!!!

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  6. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    If you're going to spend the coin, get the best; Modesta. Mike at The Shine Shop knows what's up.

7. 8339

8339 Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Mike at the Shine Shop details and performs coating on most my high end customers cars. Give Mike a call at 410-833-1632

8. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    Yeah he comes highly recommended. They are scheduled tight...I prob won't drive my car in Dec when their next opening is...

9. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Would be more than happy to perform this work for you. Granted, we are up in PA however we have our own enclosed trailers for transport and take care of several clients in the NoVa and Baltimore areas. Headed back there soon for a recently acquired 599 for a long time client. Just wanted to present myself as an option, have been installing ceramic coatings for 8 years now. Happy to answer any questions!

10. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    ^^^ Seconded! OP is from Annapolis but that's not too far from Nick's shop outside of Philly. I had a little further to go, coming from Arlington, but it's an easy drive and short train ride back. They delivered my car back to me in their enclosed trailer though.. totally painless process and the results were phenomenal. When a detailer has clients around the country who pay for him to fly out to them, you know it's good.

11. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    As an aside with Mike and Shine Shop. He will find things you and others missed I'm still looking for a scratch he said was serious. I can't find it but, he found it and that both seats on my 599 were not held tight against their carbon fiber backs. I took it up the road a piece to Fred Cooney who added several more clips to the seat backs If you want perfect, you go to Richard Garre for mechanics, Mike for cosmetics and Fred for interior. :)

12. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    thanks for all the input. Looks like either the shine shop or oaks detail. Just getting more info before deciding...

13. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    Anyone have any experience with TLC auto detailing in VA.

14. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thirded ;)

Nick has coated six or so cars for me. The work is top notch.

15. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    I just got my Cayenne turbo S back today. Black... Decided to go with TLC detailing Chantilly Va. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the DC/MD.Va area. The finish and shine Modesta -04 coating is incredible. The paint correction made the SUV look brand new...like a piano finish. Will be bringing my Bimmer and Ferrari in next. David and John were super helpful and answered all my questions. Very happy.

16. raozlagan

raozlagan Rookie

Oct 13, 2021
    Full Name:
    Roz Lgaan
    Yes, they are good

17. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    American Shine, Sterling, VA
    Ask for Brian Dubinsky. They've paint corrected my Rosso Maranello Triple Layer Red tdf, Clear Coat, Window Tint, etc.,
    The absolute best in my opinion.
    Good luck!