Second Annual Martin Weiner Memorial Drive | FerrariChat

Second Annual Martin Weiner Memorial Drive

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by rcallahan, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    I honor of Dr. Weiner's memory (a retired Proctologist), I propose the same drive as last year.

We meet at his house in Montecito at 11 am (this will give his wife time to feed and dress him and allow time for the stop in Ventura for the Ferrari Shrine). After everybody has had a chance to reintroduce themselves to Marty. If he is having a "good" day he might remember some of us. Please try to be kind to him, and remember he once was honored by the Log Cabin Republicans as their favorite doctor.

Back to the plan...we leave Marty's house about 11:30 go up 101 through the Gavioto tunnel (the one from the movie the Graduate) then through Solvang up 154 to Cold Springs Tavern for lunch. After lunch (about 2pm) back down the hills toward Santa Barbara to 192 (a cool road) returning to Martys house.

We should be finished by 3pm. It's another 90 minutes to downtown LA.

Who is comming?

Bob

2. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
  3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
  4. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Bob this is turning into a fairly large group.

Can Marty's area accomodate 20 cars or so to revendous with him?

We need to discuss lunch timing and location also.

I left you a vm on your cell phone.

5. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    I'll check with Marty to see how many cars will fit in his area. For lunch I just need to know how many people.

Bob

6. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Was there mention of the date of this drive? Or did I miss it somewhere?

7. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    The date is 3-7-04, next Sunday.

So far the plan is to have a couple of groups meet in Thousand Oaks, Moorpark Rd exit, north about one half mile to Hillcrest. That will be about 10 am. Then it will be on to Marty's place in Montecito, arriving about 11 AM.

We will have lunch in Santa Barbara then some spirited driving taking the route that Bob mentioned above.

The lunch location will be determined but it will be around 12pm before the main drive.

More details to follow.

8. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    I was hoping you guys could stop by my house and pick me up, (I am 5 minutes off the freeway) to check out the shrine? My only concern is Cold Springs Tavern on Sunday there is a "Large" crowd of bikers (I dont have a problem with bikers but on Sudays there is about 100 standing around drinking, so the wait is really long, sometimes impossible to get a table for two, let alone 20+ people...) Plus the only place to park is half off and half on the road mostly in a dirt ditch some that would pose serious problems for guys with spoliers. Robert Im not trying to be a wet blanket but I have been up there recently on a Sunday and there was no way we were going to get a table so we had to leave. Piatti? San Ysidro Ranch? El Paseo??

9. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    FDC PRESENTS:

Santa Barbara Run
    Sunday, March 7, 2004

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Enzo Run on Feb. 8th!!
    The event was hugely successful – thanks for bringing out your beautiful cars!
    In the usual FDC tradition, we are gearing up for yet another spirited run…
    We are going to Santa Barbara/Montecito for some lunch and for those interested, up
    to the Buellton/Solvang area for some exciting roads!

We will be meeting in Thousand Oaks in the parking lot on the corner of
    Moorpark and Hillcrest (from LA, go on 405N to 101 towards Ventura, exit
    Moorpark and turn right – head 0.5 miles north on Moorpark). We will be driving up to
    Montecito to meet with our special out of town guest and heading directly to the restaurant.

Meeting time in Thousand Oaks: 10:00am
    LA. Caravan Meeting time 9 :00: RSVP with Jean-Louis, [email protected] for location point.
    OC Caravan Meeting time 8:00: RSVP with Byron, [email protected] for location point.
    (RSVP immediately)

Please note: There is no cost for the drive, but each of you will be
    responsible for your own lunch costs (plus tax/tip). We will be dining at
    a casual restaurant in the Santa Barbara area.
    Please be sure to RSVP to either the LA or OC Caravan so that we can get an accurate headcount.

All exotics are welcome, but if you are inviting your friends, please make sure you
    RSVP for them as well.

Thanks!
    - FDC
    “We drive and drive often”

10. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Hey Rob, it is beginning to look like we will have too many cars to stop at your house on Sunday. If it does not work out this Sunday then I promise we will get a smaller group and make your house the destination for the drive.

On the other hand, if you post your address and directions here there may be some who will stop by on the way home in the afternoon.

11. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    I will check but the parking situation here has changed for the worse and I doubt it can accommodate 20cars.However,if not, there is a lengthy street along side the abandoned Miramar Beach hotel a few blocks from here along side of 101 which seems suitable.
    I will check the area tomorrow and post again.
    If someone will call me when you pass Carpenteria (5 mi S of here) at 805-565-1974 I will meet the caravan at 101 exit #93 -San ysidro rd.

12. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    No problem. Look forward to seeing you guys at a some future date. I am not sure I could hook up with you guys on the way up so hope you have a super drive.