New buyer questions | FerrariChat

New buyer questions

Discussion in '360/430' started by firsttimef1, Nov 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. firsttimef1

firsttimef1 Karting

Sep 5, 2012
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guys, I am looking at a 2006 f430. When looking at the autocheck report, I found that he car had 3 owners over the last ten years. That didn't bother me much but, I saw where the car had been leased for two years. The car has 6k miles currently. My question is: Does the fact that a vehicle has been leased hurt the value or resale value of the car? Appreciate any input. Thanks!

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Yes. Anything on a carfax or autocheck affects value, whether it means anything in reality or not. There are some (that will undoubtedly be posting on this thread :) ) that will not touch anything but a no stories, one owner car. I'd say to use it as a bargaining tactic and possibly get a killer deal on a good car...or get an ok deal on and ok car and then have to put 30 grand into it.

Ya just never know...

3. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I would not worry about a leased car over an owned car. I would want to know if the services have been done on time and that the car has been taken care of. An 06 is off warranty and with so few miles I wonder have the headers been replaced? Probably not. My 07 430 headers failed at 12K but were still under warranty in 2013. Have the car checked out by a competent shop and make an offer considering any issues that are found. The F430 is a pretty reliable platform. There are known issues on 430s. Motor mounts, fuel pumps, headers, exhaust brackets, suspension bushings, sticky interior parts are some of the common things. None of these should be a deal breaker if you can negotiate them into the purchase price.

4. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Buying a previously leased exotic car is not like buying an ex-rental car. The terms and conditions of factory leases on such cars protect the vehicle and the manufacturer from bad clientele, thus helping hold value for future owners.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It doesn't matter at all, leasing is just another way to finance.

6. firsttimef1

firsttimef1 Karting

Sep 5, 2012
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

7. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Agreed. Get it checked out and go for it if you like it.

8. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    alot of people lease so that you do not have to pay the tax upfront....no worries. i know plenty of people who leased the cars but treat them very well