Predictions- our last race - GP Abu Dhabi 2016 | FerrariChat

Predictions- our last race - GP Abu Dhabi 2016

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Nov 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/AEXX0001:1:AE -In case there is any mystery the weather is superb...shocking LOL

LH needs help to win - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton can only hope for Nico Rosberg failure - BBC Sport

Toto Wolff on Rosberg-Hamilton Abu Dhabi showdown: May the best man win - Toto Wolff on Nico Rosberg, Lewis Hamilton Abu Dhabi showdown - May the best man win

Q - LH
    Nico
    Kimi

R - Nico
    Kimi
    Ricci

Looking foward to the new regs and cars in testing!!! This cant end soon enough, this season,-- and the new one cant start soon enough :)

2. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Audi just had their last race 'around the corner' in Bahrain. Lots of high profile motorsport farewells this month.

Well, I am hugely excited about this upcoming weekend.
    I have a feeling that Ros will take pole and just drive away.

Q Ros-Ham-Vet
    R Ros-Vet-Rai

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    As usual a Mercedes 1-2 is expected, in no particular order.

Logic says it should be Hamilton winning the GP, Rosberg coming 2nd, but taking the title.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I remain to have a deep distrust of Toto...Only if Nico's car finishes without car issues will those feelings be elevated somewhat.

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Agree...Toto wants Elton to win...i'm a bit suspicious how it will unfold..on teh other hand, i suspect that Mercedes Boss preferes Nico to win.

6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Merc 1- 2. Snore fest as every one is predicting…

No one will cry when this season is over and we can focus on next year.

7. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    I'm already focusing on next year. And yet, the tears are flowing anyway.

Q: ROS - HAM - RIC
    R: HAM - ROS - VES

8. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

rain would be a blessing so Max might have a chance to liven things up at the front

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Highly unlikely it'll rain.

That said, I think it was last year (or 2014) when it actually rained during the motoGP at Dubai...so never say never! ;)

10. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If Nico takes the pole with Ham 2nd the start of the race could be interesting. Nico would try to get out and 'just drive away' but if Ham stays in 2nd after the 1st turn then Nico will not be just driving away. Would Nico let Ham go by just to be safe and settle for 2nd and the title?

11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    To avoid last race favouritism controversies Wolff will personally sabotage both of his cars by fitting bananas in their tailpipes to make sure none if them makes it to the end

12. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    If Hamilton ends up in a position to mount a serious attack I would suspect that Rosberg won't show too hard a defense. He would let him pass and turn the motor to Sunday Granny Drive-mode. Hamilton would turn the motor to some aggressive setting, pace away and all his fans would go on about how Rosberg was demolished once again. There is no reason for Rosberg to fight Hamilton. All he needs to do is stay ahead of the pack (2x RBR + 2x Ferrari), if he gets sucked into that, there will be trouble.

13. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Almost certainly, this is what will happen.

However, if for some strange reason Nico decides to fight it out wheel-to-wheel with Lewis, and even if he were to lose the title due to a resulting crash, I might end up actually liking him.

14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I foresee a boring race. I foresee one reserve champion.

15. Luxb1

Luxb1 Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2016
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    J. Konrad
    Since it's Abu Dhabi, I will throw my turban in the ring: Hamilton will win after a fake fight with Rosberg.

16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    As long as Rosberg gets enough points to win the title, I couldn't care less. Hope Elton explodes at some point and fails to finish, or gets tasty with lil Maxie and ends up in a crash

17. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    For some reason, I predict a Hamilton victory and Rosberg DNF...

although I will cross my fingers for the opposite.

Verstappen will finish behind Merc.

Ferrari... meh. I look forward to all aspects at Ferrari being better.

Robb

18. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    This

Why even bother watching

19. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Hamilton will be stamping his little feet.

20. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    A Merc 1-2. rosbergs wins the WDC.

21. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    NOVEMBER 24, 2016

Red Bull could spoil Rosberg title says Stewart

Sir Jackie Stewart has warned that Nico Rosberg's bid for title glory this weekend could be spoiled by the Red Bulls.

The German driver only has to finish third to guarantee his championship victory over Lewis Hamilton, but Red Bull's team boss Christian Horner has warned that a "tentative" Rosberg could open the door to his fast and keen drivers.

F1 legend Stewart agrees ahead of the Abu Dhabi finale: "I think the two Red Bulls cars will be very, very competitive. That's what could decide the weekend."

He told the Guardian newspaper that Ferrari will also be pushing for a good final result this weekend, "So we have four drivers capable of disturbing Nico Rosberg from having what I would call a calculated race".

Another former F1 driver and Scot, Paul di Resta, agrees: "It is Nico's title to lose.

"But the one danger for him is that he's too cautious, as he was in Monaco, and maybe Malaysia, where he collided with Vettel.

"If the Red Bulls smell an overtake, they will go for it," the former Force India driver and now Williams reserve added.

22. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    That's why pole is going to be extremely important for Rosberg. From there with a short start straight he should be safe, given a decent start. Then he can control the race against the RBR from the front and permit Lewis to pass, should need be.

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's a tough position to be in. Red Bull's/Ferrari won't gain anything by crashing into him. Verstappen and Ricciardo are friends with Rosberg and they're not complete idiots, so they'll take some caution I'm sure. Hamilton OTOH has a LOT to gain by ''accidentally nudging'' Rosberg...even with a penalty he'll easily slot back into 4th or higher and winning the championship. His hardcore fans will all excuse him anyways. Worst that can happen is the championship being taken away from him but I've got a suspicious feeling they won't.