Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Nov 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Is Lewis Hamilton the Poorest Loser that F1 has ever seen?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Bas on that note, in FP3 yet again his car supposedly suffered from 2 different types of gremlins which miraculously went away after he posted faster times than Rosberg.

Best,
    Sammy

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You must have been watching another race.

Everybody commented how ungracious Hamilton was towards Rosberg, and how he needed to be forced to shake his hands.

The body language, the look on his face said it all.

Team Mercedes won today, but not Team Hamilton !!

3. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Agree 100%

The very pinnacle of selfish immaturity !!!

4. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    Yep it was DC that pushed him to do that on the interview

5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hopefully now everybody will finally understand the mess of 2007 was caused by Elton.
    Pete

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's a bit late.

Alonso may have had a discreet smile after watching it.

8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Hamilton is the biggest crybaby in F1 history. Came off like a huge ass today en route to taking that L, but then again that has been his M.O. for the entirety of his career.

He's driven the most dominant car in F1 history for 3 years in a row and he pays the team back by ignoring direct orders.

NICO ROSBERG 2016 WORLD CHAMPION

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Been obvious for years. Incredible what Alonso was able to do with the team stacked against him.

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Well, we heard that more than once this year: if you do not get the result you want it has to be rigged ;)
    When Rosbergs car DNF in 2014 due to "fluid in the steering" and no Kers in the last race (quasi DNF) it is just faith and OK but as soon as Hamilton does not come out on top it certainly has to be orchestrated...
    And this although everybody watching F1 can see that Toto actually prefer Lewis over Nico; might be interesting to see whether the happenings of today might change Totos mood in the future...if so Lewis certainly did not do himself a favour

11. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    i'm in the minority here, but i don't think hamilton did anything terribly wrong by backing up rosberg. it was the only thing he could do to win the championship. i will say right off, i don't think rosberg is a worthy champion.

i never thought he had the talent to beat a driver of hamilton/vettel/alonso quality and his rather infuriating strategy to play "the long game" really isn't the mindset of a champion. do you guys really think that schumacher would have played the "long game" with 4 races to go, just sitting behind his teammate? i think not. i thought that was pathetic.

if he's too scared to lose the championship by being on the offensive, then he really has no bizness being a champion. my 2 cents. which you guys can throw back in my face for feeling that hamilton should have won the championship -- playing it safe is for sunday night bingo, not an F1 championship. :)

john

12. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    #37 kizdan, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    I see no issue with how Lewis drove today. If Lewis was driving too slow, then why didn't the team tell Nico to race him, or Nico himself decide to try and pass him? The team finished 1 - 2, and there were no dangerous moments.

Lewis shook his hand with sincerity. Poorest loser? Not even close.

Congrats to Nico - very well done!

13. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    You must not have watched Alain Prost. It is an absolutely ludicrous assertion that Rosberg is not a "worthy world champion" whatever that means

14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    90% of F-chats regulars in this section have held a grudge against LH since he squeaked out Massa and Ferrari in 2008 for the title.

Now after winning the last 4 races in a row from pole you find a way to blame him for not being good at losing.

Funny, He's good at winning races so if it makes you feel better to chastisy him for being bad at losing? The logic is rich! What ever helps you sleep at night. LOL

15. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    He won those races because Rosberg was on cruise control ensuring a championship.

Who has the title? Oh yeah, Nico Rosberg :)

Im sleeping quite well tonight, thanks.

16. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Not good enough "at winning" to be world champion.
    Not man enough 'when losing' to give credit where it's due.

CONGRATULATIONS NICO ROSBERG, 2016 WORLD CHAMPION !!!

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

To win, you must do what's necessary, but no more. Prost often said that.

Nico was like Prost this year, capitalised on his early wins and drove safely towards the championship.

Nico had a very aggressive partner, who didn't hesitate to push him off the track or ruin his race when he was under attack. Hamilton is like a scorpio.
    You don't fight a scoprio, you just avoid him. The Spanish GP is an example. Same again in Austria.

At Abu Dhabi, Hamilton was shocked that Rosberg didn't take the bait and attack him for the lead, but preferred to consolidate his position and defend his 2nd place instead.

Hamilton maliciously tried to back him off under the wheels of Vertappen and later Vettel. It didn't work. Rosberg used his head.

Well done Nico! We have a worthy champion.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

19. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I guess it was only on my TV where I could have sworn I saw Lewis shake his hand and congratulate him, and seemed genuinely gracious in doing so.

20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Hamilton ONLY shook Rosberg's hand on the rostrum when Coulthard, the interviewer, asked him to.

You didn't see that or refuse to see it.

Vettel was the first to congratulate Rosberg; Hamilton ignored him for a long time, then spotted the cameras and kind of hugged him briefly.

Hamilton's body language said the rest!!

Almost everybody commented how Hamilton showed no grace towards Rosberg. The sure sign of a sore loser.

21. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Didn't see the live footage. Post up a link of his congratulatory moments.

Every story written today (even in the British press) is about Hamilton's poor sportsmanship and carnage inside Mercedes.

Robb

22. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    That's what i saw "on my TV" too ...

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Mercedes PR person yesterday started this campaign "they both deserve it"

No, they don't. Hamilton proved that today.

24. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    You mean when Lewis shook his hand, AND THEN Coulthard felt that he shouldn't have been in the way, and suggested he do it again without him in the way? That part there?

Damned TV, I should look into getting it fixed.

25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sorry, but you are wrong....Hamilton came to Nico as soon as he climbed out of the car, well before they went up to the podium to be fair...Next one to come and hug Nico was Fernando...