More Old Photos | Page 390 | FerrariChat

More Old Photos

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bertocchi, Jan 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Sorry, I'm not 100 % sure the P2 is really 0838 but you may be right after all...

2. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Ardy, do you know anyone at Revs.? I am looking into the future and am looking for some place that might be interested in my collection "Ferrari- The Golden Years 1947-1967". The book collection of over 280 volumes which includes all original Ferrari Year books from 1951-1966,Time and Two Seats, Making a Difference,Origines of the Ferrari Legend, Open Roads and Front Engines. Klementansky and Ferrari,etc etc, plus complete issues of Cavallino and Forza and a collection of over 460 manuals, blueprints, posters, 791 FMLs going back to 1976 etc. There are also 1142 individual files on a selection of important Ferrari s/ns from 01C thru the P series competition cars and a collection of over 400 images.The only museum I have not been able to get an answer from is Revs.There is still a great deal of work to do to bring this collection up to date but Revs is the only one I have not heard back from.All this has a lot of work yet to do before it is ready for a new home some day. Money is not an issue.All this can be considered as research over the past 16 years and is collected from many sources including F chat, Barchetta pages etc and has been all printed out on paper much of which I am finding is no longer on the internet.Any ideas Thanks George Burgess "tonga's crew

3. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Sorry, I don't know anyone at Revs. Good luck in continuing your great project anyway !

4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    This mirror appears to have different stand and mounting location than those shown in posts #9721 & -2, not to mention the amount of cluster mounted switches and other detail variations...

5. westextifosi

westextifosi Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2009
    Lubbock, TX
    Full Name:
    Tex Timberlake
    Miles Collier

6. EnzoNZ

EnzoNZ F1 Rookie

Nov 9, 2001
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Andrew Wass
    Hi Cyril - I'm not asserting that the bare prototipo is 0838 based on the mirror. My assertion is that the shots of the car from Daytona in 1966 (Posts 9721 and 9722) are 0838 based on the placement of the mirror of all of the P cars at the race.

7. EnzoNZ

EnzoNZ F1 Rookie

Nov 9, 2001
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Andrew Wass
    PM me your email address and I will put you in contact with one of the Collection Coordinators.

8. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    #9733 Aardy, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK Andrew. But the windscreen on post #9710 is absolutely not the same. Do you agree ??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    #9734 Aardy, Nov 29, 2016
    I'm now convinced the pic of the post #9710 show Monza in 1965.

The car in the background looks like to the Maranello Concessionaires's 330 P-64 #67.

I think the P2 is one of the Scuderia Ferrari's car. Why not the winning 275 P2 #63 ??

10. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    It can't be the winning 275 P2 as it had a 4 cam engine.

11. EnzoNZ

EnzoNZ F1 Rookie

Nov 9, 2001
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Andrew Wass
    #9736 EnzoNZ, Nov 29, 2016
    Yes, agree. 0838 at Daytona had 3 vertical support struts for the windscreen that are not in the photo in post 9710. The photo in post 9722 is confirmed as 1966 and without knowing what year the photo in post 9710 is from it is hard to state if they are the same car. Both have 2-cam engines and most features match(except windscreen). They could be the same car with modifications between photos.

12. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #9737 miurasv, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    In case anyone didn't know, in 1965 the Prototype cars had to race with the high windscreen in the European races to conform to the European regulations.

13. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Andrew and Steve,

I was going to write that it was not unusual to change windscreens - an easy do - to comply with varying regs.

14. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Tonga-George,

If you are looking for a home and not anticipating selling, I was going to suggest the Saratoga Automobile Museum, of which I am a founding officer and trustee. We have a growing collection of automobilia, memorabilia and publications. But it seems your collection needs a home, preferably a library available to a large public, with a Ferrari focus.

15. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I can't locate anyone either, They seem to have a "superior attitude" and 99% of their images are nothing to get excited about. My project has become " much greater" than originally expected. I get each day off with F Chat and the updating the 1142 s/n files and doing the "book reviews"It's interesting how so much info on the original "barchetta" sites is no longer on the internet.I often get the question "why not put everything in a cloud somewhere.Well I am glad I started with paper. Bulky but at least I have the best of it going back to 2006/7. What a way to spend the time when one is not terribly healthy and elderly. Thanks for your continued support. tonga's crew.

16. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    [email protected]. I am not familiar with this group.Thanks much. tonga's crew George Burgess.

17. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi thanks for your reply.Just remember Watkins Glen and Riverside and Lime Rock which are out in the middle of no where with substantial research museums. Keep in touch.The day will come, though not for a while, when this collection will need a new home and money will never be a major issue. You can reach me at tongascrew @ aol.com any time. Keep an eye on the "brief book reviews" in the F Chat Vintage section. They are all part of the collection.Thanks tonga's crew George Burgess

18. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Please find contact info for VIZSLA, David W., here on FChat. He's a docent at Revs and should be able to help you, George.

19. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    #9744 Bertocchi, Dec 12, 2016
    Sebring 1963. I am waiting on a new scanner and have some real great photos to share. My previous posts are appearing everywhere.

20. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Don't know why this was rotated?

21. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Fixed it for you.

This happens when an image is captured and stored sideways on your camera, phone, computer, etc. Your other devices are "smart" enough to automatically rotate the image before displaying it, leaving you with no way of knowing the image is sideways. Since vBulletin doesn't have automatic image orientation capability, the image is displayed here in its true orientation. This used to only be a problem for people posting images from their iPhones, but automatic image orientation has become more common in other devices and is a feature of most online photo sharing platforms (Facebook, Flickr, Pinterest, etc.). vBulletin just needs to get with the times.

22. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Thank you. A while back I was told that the driver's side of these windscreen were glass while the passengers were plexi.

23. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    #9748 Bertocchi, Dec 13, 2016
    On most occasions Luigi Chinetti, Sr. was happy to have his longtime sales manager and friend Ivo Brillo chauffer him around Greenwich, CT.
    Ed Jurist, of the Vintage Car Store, had acquired a 375 Plus in Argentina and was offering it for sale. To promote the car he arranged for Maurice Trintignant to be at Lime Rock Park for the Vintage Festival. Chinetti asked me to serve as his chauffer since Ivo was unfamiliar with the route to the Connecticut race track.
    I had a very memorable day as a "Fly on the wall". Met Jurist, Trintignant, Rene Dreyfus, Jay Giles, and Malcolm (the long time flag man at Lime Rock).
    Jay owned a 250TDF Maurice had raced. The 375 Plus was sold that evening to Ralph Lauren and still sits in his collection

24. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008

25. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008