Am I getting a good deal? | FerrariChat

Am I getting a good deal?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by abarthracer, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    I am about to purchase a 1985 mondial coupe with 22K miles, just had t.b. , fluids, brake booster, other misc things done to it. I am buying it for 18K. What do you guys think? I know it isn't the car of the month, but it is a stepping stone for me and a way to convince my wife that these cars are Ok to own! Throw it at me...............
    Thanks
    David

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    if it passes a through PPI then i dont see why not, anything that is found , deduct from price and try to get it for around $15k , put the $3k aside for other stuff the car may need later. with i could find a euro 308 like that!!!! best of luck to you, let us know so we can cheer for you when you get it! michael

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Wow and congrats! Would love finding a good $18k hard top Ferrari (anyone, anyone). Want to get another (for all season) car and may as well make it a Ferrari.

Anyone got a line on a good condition $18-20k Fcar (1984 or later as they have rust proofing)?

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: The Car Reaper, a Euro 308 (1984 or later) are fun fun fun :)

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Sounds good to me!

What the heck are those things in your avator???? RPGs?????

No, I mean the shiny ones!

5. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    there in lie's the mystery???? The shiny ones are real, and the shafts are 911 cams. thanks for noticing!
    David

6. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    wow, just think what she can do with your crank SHAFT.... and connecting RODS........... ( hee hee i said..... RODS..... )

7. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i agree !!!! but i want a carb car , yes i am crazy!! other than this Mondail, i hav yet to see many nice f anything for around/under $20k . Martin and others have spent enough time with me on the phone that i am convinced a 400 series v12 car is not for me.i will know in the next month or so about a pending promotion at work....... then i will drop the hammer , or i will be looking for a job!!!! anyone need a businees jet mechanic with management skills and college........ :eek:)

8. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    thecarreaper,

Ahh yes, carbs. But NOT for me here in the ever-changing temps and humidity of New Hampshire. At least not as a daily driver :(

Ok, so $20k is out, will look at 30k then for a winter driver. The 1985 Euro 308GTS makes a nice summer toy, yet a coupe would be best for winter. Hope you find a GREAT example. Took FOUR PPI's to find the right 308GTS so PATIENCE is key my friend.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

9. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Sounds like its a good deal if the color combo is what you want and all.

10. redrocks

redrocks Rookie

Mar 2, 2004
    Sounds like a good deal, I have an 83 and love it. Go for it.
    Wayne