F-Chat Live Auction - Sat Dec 10 - 2pm EST - Ferrari 328 GTS - Only 13k miles | FerrariChat

F-Chat Live Auction - Sat Dec 10 - 2pm EST - Ferrari 328 GTS - Only 13k miles

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Yellow Compass, Dec 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    #1 Yellow Compass, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    F-Chat Live Auction - Sat Dec 10 - 2pm EST - Ferrari 328 GTS - Only 13k miles

Bringing a new concept to Ferrarichat, the Yellow Compass Group as a sponsor will be holding a live auction for one of the cars in our inventory. We've coordinated with Rob Lay and hope to make this a regular feature on Ferrarichat offering a win/win situation where buyers can find beautiful Ferrari's at fair prices. We hope that those interested in this rare car will get their finances in order this week and plan to join us for the auction.

The car this week:
    1987 Ferrari 328 GTS in Nero (black) over beige interior
    VIN: ZFFXA20A1H0070765
    13,000 miles

Car photos and information will be updated this week:
    1987 Ferrari 328 GTS

Our For Sale ad on the car here at Ferrarichat:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/535517-fs-1987-328-gts-gorgeous-nero-beige.html

Auction Location:
    This thread here under the Claasified / Ferraris section

Auction Time:
    Saturday, December 10, 2016
    Start time: 2pm EST
    End Time: 4pm EST
    Put it on your calendars.

Extremely low mileage 328 in one of the sharpest color combo on a 328 and especially a GTS. This auction should enable a bidder to get an even better deal. By 2020 hybrids will be ushering in at Ferrari according to the CEO. Time to get your naturally aspirated cars now...
    Minimum Opening Bid:
    $ 107,000 usd

The Mechanic:
    Alfonso Joseph - Master Technician
    Services - J. Scuderia Automotive
    We have asked "Fonzi" to be available for 2 hours prior to the auction start at our location with the car to provide FaceTime calls to answer any questions bidders may have. He has also performed a pre-purchase inspection on the car and is available to discuss its clean bill of health.

Bidders can call us with any questions on the car at 1-973-610-7111

Clean Car fax and maint records are available on the Yellow Compass website and can also be emailed to bidders.

Placing Bids:
    Please feel free to place a bid on this thread at 2pm EST on Saturday Dec 10th. The auction is for registered Ferrarichat members and is transparent with existing user names so that the mods and all can follow where the results end up and who is interested in the car. Please focus on the auction of the car and take any market discussion to other threads - using typical Classified rules in play.

Bid Completion:
    High bidder will need to contact The Yellow Compass Group concluding the auction to place a deposit on the car and finalize payment for delivery.

We look forward to seeing the car with its new enthusiast owner and continuing new auctions on Ferrarichat.

Thanks for your interest.

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Exiting idea. I am looking forward to following this.
    The 107K min opening bid may be a tad strong for an experimental auction.
    You may do well with a warm up offering in the 30-60K range.

But I am sure you all concidered that. Just thinking aloud

3. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    Agree with Schulz.
    Love the idea, but opening bid of 107k won't stir much action.

4. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    I agree with the guys.

Love the idea and car is stunning! But 107 to start with when theres a "buy it now" for 112 feels high IMO

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Agree with above, I wouldn't really call it an auction with an opening bid of 107k! What about the idea of having a more realistic opening bid and you can always have a reserve set at say 107 if that is your number.

6. JQ11

JQ11 Rookie

Jan 30, 2016
    "Live auction" starting at your asking price - come on you didn't think folks would realize this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I dont understand the point of a live auction when the price is set out of a rue auctions range.
    Better off with ebay and a buy it now?

8. LostAussie

LostAussie Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    So, your target audience for this auction is people who believe this car is worth more than $107k, but less than $112k?

9. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    A new concept indeed!

10. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    This seller must love wasting time, his and ours.....

11. excellautogroup

excellautogroup Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2013
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Oleg Kouznetsov
    Awesome concept! Good luck guys.

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Interested in the concept.
    Worth a try, regardless of the price range concerns.

13. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    BaT starts their auctions at zero. That's a real auction, and you can set a reserve.

14. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    They also charge a max of 5% buyer's fee, so @ Mike's $107K price, you'd be in $112K.

I like this concept, it'll just take time and refinement, just like BaT's did.

GLWS, gorgeous car Mike

15. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I think it's a crock.

16. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Fred it sounds like the only crock here is You. LOL
    Happy healthy holidays bro

17. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    From that old classic "How to attract customers and appear professional"

Step one - attempt to posit that you're being innovative when in fact, you're just restating an asking price in a round about way.

Step two - call prospective customers names.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Mike, you may wan to consider a lower starting number but have a reserve which is not disclosed - similar to ebay. At least you will get some action.

19. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Please accept my apology for my frustration and losing my cool. That isn't needed here I agree. I will try to avoid that in the future. Please look at it from my point of view.

This thread is in the classified section and the rules apply with no discussion on values, market trends, or other posts that do not pertain to direct knowledge about the car. If you decided to post about that kind of stuff then you are in essence trolling and breaking the rules. Good thoughts or suggestions aren't needed in this thread.

There is a reason the classified ad rules were updated in the recent past. People discussing nonsense in for-sale threads were turning off buyers and sellers.

You are also giving a sponsor of multiple sections grief about simply selling a car here - with the only issue being pricing or how it is marketed. Both of those are very subjective to all buyers.

If you need to discuss any of these things, please take it to the appropriate model section outside of the classifieds. This is a legitimate auction with a minimum starting price. Not all of the auctions on ebay start at zero. This isn't Bring A Trailer - We are the only entity knowing what we have into the car and we will either get the pricing right or wrong but the only effect is on us - if we sell the car or not. It doesn't really affect any of you and you can always call me with your advice or send me a PM.

I do not wish to continue any discussion here on auctions, starting prices, or appraisals.

Thanks for respecting that. There is vast real estate here at Ferrarichat for spirited discussion. The classified section is not it. Must be a slow couple of days in P&R.

Mike

20. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Agreed!!

21. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Merry Christmas to you as well.

22. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    First, just re-entered Fcar ownership, been out for a while.

That said, I respectfully disagree. You've gotten permission to do an auction from the forum owner AND posted processes & rules. This isn't a "For Sale" thread, this is an auction.

Even moreso since you have the forum owner (well, former owner, now manager as I understand) "permission", so this seems more like a sponsored event.

I have no idea if I'll be "banned" for this post, I hope not as I'll need a lot of help sorting out my new Mondial.

I belong to another forum, it had a "sponsored" auction as well. Seemed to be run much different...

Link: **Auction** One of a Kind Prototype SIG-Sauer pistol - Topic

Mods, please delete if inappropriate.

OP, please review the link above (or PM me if link is not allowed). Maybe you'll get a few hints on the way it went down.

Sincerely, and with all respect,
    James in Denver

Edit to add: Story on the prototype if you want to read:
    http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3810077763?r=7870003214#7870003214

23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Nice car ...GLWS....

24. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  25. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi everyone , see you tomorrow at 2pm on this thread. PS- it truly is a very nice car
    Thanks & HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Mike