FERRARI AGAIN SLAPS OWNERS ACROSS THE FACE BY NOT BEING AT LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FERRARI AGAIN SLAPS OWNERS ACROSS THE FACE BY NOT BEING AT LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bitzman, Nov 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Bill is great and the better techs are there. They're always super busy yet I would not call it dismissive. If you want bad service go to Beverly Hills. They're clueless. Took then 4 passes at a loose door panel, LA fixed it first time.

2. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have had a good experience with Ferrari LA when I get Bill on the phone. However, last time they charged my credit card twice, and it took a few phone calls to remind them to sort it out.

I tried to book service with Bill via email. Two separate times, no response, so I took the car somewhere else or did the work myself.

I received an email from their appointment scheduler reminding me that annual service was due. I responded by email to book the service, no response. Left a voicemail with her, no call back.

When I brought a 308 in to them, they did some work, did a nice once over on the car. When I spoke to Bill about it, he went over the list but most things were "you don't really need to do that." I actually wanted to do that, but the attitude I perceived was, it's a 308, not worth it for us or you.

When I used them to get me Classiche letters, Stefano was on top of it and responded right away. That was after I tried to contact Bill a couple of times to get them to mail me the letters...

3. Formula1r

Formula1r Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I agree with the OP. It's a real shame that Ferrari is no longer interested in auto shows. But it makes sense, as they have always been sort of full of themselves...

4. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    I'm not sure what everyone is expecting the Ferrari/dealer to do post-sales for you? Do you expect them to send you a gift and Thank You card every year for being an owner?

I've purchased multiple Chevrolets, Hondas, BMWs, Mercedes, and Maserati in the last 5 years and all of them don't differ in post-sales support. Experience varies wildly from dealer to dealer as they are franchised and owned independently of the manufacturer (as per State law).

5. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    Paying to go see cars you can see at a dealership for free is idiotic.

Standing elbows to a ss holes with the great unwashed is no treat either.

But to each their own, if paying to park, paying to see cars and putting up with crowds is your thing go nuts. I would rather go to a strip club.

6. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Nailed it!
    Thank you.

7. Formula1r

Formula1r Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Wait, so you would rather go to a dealership than an international auto show, and because the dealeship is free? Hahahaha To each his own!!!

8. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    I think it has to do with the riff-raff you deal with at the auto show.
    Many of these attendees are just taking the kids for an outing - cheaper than Disneyland.
    Also many are aficionado's wanting to see the latest.
    The two don't mix well.

9. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Dad used to get his Cadillac's at the NY show. Caddy used to pimp out some cars ad was always cool to watch the bidding for them.
    Nothing like seeing a deal go down at the show. Mercedes and Rolls sold a lot also.

A lot more fun the the dealership and you could work cars against each other for the best deal.

10. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    And there's a reason for that, obviously. As I am in Marketing, shows like this are generally "not worth it".

I'm sure the details different in the auto industry than in technology, but the sentiment is similar. It's hard for some companies to justify it, especially if you are looking to drive demand and leads.

Ferrari, as noted, doesn't really need to advertise. Not going to the LA show is no big deal IMHO, I wouldn't expect them there to be honest.

11. 4zaJim

4zaJim Formula Junior

May 15, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Wow. I have no idea what factors motivate such an opinion but if you are commenting strictly on their choosing to not market their product at a show . . . I could not disagree more. It's not arrogance, it is simply a different business model.

I would counter that most companies, not just car companies, would love what Ferrari have. Whatever it is, whether it be a superior product or a superior name, or simply a mystique . . . who they are and what they build sells itself. Ferrari have never marketed their cars . . . at least not like most do . . . It has always been left almost completely up to the would be Ferrari owner to seek out their product, to do the leg work, to demonstrate that they are passionate about owning and driving a Ferrari.

I miss seeing them at the auto show but to be honest on the scale of all of the available opportunities we have in SoCal to interact with Ferrari, the LA Auto Show was never that great an environment. I am certain that in terms of actual sales attributed to the event, the show was not their market.

12. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Actually I find Ferrari to be VERY good at post-sale. Although "unexpected", they send invites to Casa Ferrari during Monterey Car Week where they serve appetizers and champagne while they detail my car, hospitality tent at Monterey's Concourso Italiano, and just last night we attended the very nice Ferrari Westlake Grand Opening. Yes, just for being an owner.

13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Casa Ferrari is pretty awesome.

Interestingly, at the LA Autoshow, in the modded section there were some pretty nice exotics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

14. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Ed, is that your kid's head?!

15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

LOL. He's always photobombing

Sent from my 16M

16. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

+1,
    I see the arguments of both sides.
    I doubt anyone who's in the market to purchase a Ferrari will attend the show to make
    a final decision based on the show experiences.
    Having a few Ferrari models on display at the show is a good way of planting a seed on the
    young kids, especially on the inner city kids where they have a very limited opportunity to view these cars in person. That's how my dreams got started, get 'em while they're young...
    Cheers!

17. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    IIRC the big exotic brands pulled up shop around the recession circa 2008 and havent been back. The best dispay was the Nissan one.....but im a Star wars geek.

Other notable cars were the Lincoln Navigator with gull wing door sans a pillars, a buick two door coupe prototype and the aftermarket tuner hall.

18. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Yuuup, the shows ain't what they used to bee

:)

19. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    And, as per the [unfortunate] posts in Ferrarichat, neither do the majority of the "owners" here. They just want a car to show and sell at a higher price later on.

20. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    While, I'd agree that there are too many of the "value" threads and posts - and they are nauseating - I (optimistically) wouldn't agree that this is the attitude of the "majority".

21. Formula1r

Formula1r Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I agree with you not agreeing. Wait, is that right? :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

22. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

I get Christmas cards, birthday calls and other things from the Mercedes dealership (mainly my sales man.) It all started after I bought a C250, used even. It's why I have bought 3 cars from them since. Never was treated that way by Porsche although their service has always been top notch.

23. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    You are correct. I will amend to say "most".

And those who have been in the site a looong time [Me: A lurker since 2001-2005, officially a member since 2005], can spot a car speculator/flipper from their first posts. :)

24. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    As long as you agree with me Ross, you'll be OK ;)

25. kenwidmerpool

kenwidmerpool Rookie

Jun 17, 2016
    California

Couldn't put it better. If Ferrari reserved a convention hall for the show I still wouldn't go, and would be less likely to buy. Go to Riverside for a weekend instead.