246 GT Repair and Workshop Manual | FerrariChat

246 GT Repair and Workshop Manual

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dm_n_stuff, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I just picked up a copy of the Ferrari Dino workshop and repair manual with addenda dated August 1976. (It's good for SN 0118 and on.) I'm going to make some copies, which, as long as I'm not violating some copyright laws, I would be willing to distribute to any Dino owner who wants one for the cost of the copies, and postage. Probably be about $10 total. In as much as this is no longer available from Ferrari, I'm guessing I'm ok on the copyright issue.

If interested, drop me a PM and let me know.

If you have good reason to think I'm violating any applicable copyright laws, please let me know.

2. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Are you copying from an original Ferrari Workshop Manual? If so, count me in. The WSM most of us have is a copy of a copy of a copy, and quite dated (no addendums). Copyright Laws are unlikely to be an issue as there is no lost revenue through your reproduction.

Let us know.

Jim S.

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    yes I would like one aswell please!!

4. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Looks original, but at worst a 1st generation copy. Not a Ferrari cover, but, I don't know what it would have come with anyway. Guy I bought it from had it since about 1980, he thought.

PM your address, and I'll send you a copy.

5. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
    Hi,

I purchased a 1971 Euro 246 GT last year. Since I have never seen the 246 Repair and Workshop Manual, I wanted to know if the manual covers the removal of shocks and a-arm bushings. I really need to replace all the suspension bushings and just wanted to make sure of the procedure.

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

20 pages on the removal, repair and replacement of the front and rear suspensions. Appears pretty complete to me.

7. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I would be up for a copy too. I got one from England in the mid eighties but it doesn't look factory to me. Kinko's does a good job of spiral binding and they have plastic front and rear covers in several colors for a neat, durable finished product and in wasn't too expensive. Just a thought!

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Already made 12 sets, three hole punched, in a mailer envelope.

So that's what I have to offer. When they're gone, then maybe I'll make fancier sets for more $$$

Dave

9. harvey

harvey Rookie

Jan 20, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Harvey John Neale
    I would much appreciate a copy, if you would be kind enough to post to the UK, could I pay by paypal perhaps?