2011 458 Retrofit Ipod adapter? | FerrariChat

2011 458 Retrofit Ipod adapter?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by css, Dec 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. css

css Rookie

Nov 22, 2016
    Hello all,

I just purchased a 2011 458 that does not have navigation nor ipod adapter and I am interested in retrofitting it.

I have seen people done it easily with a becker ipod adapter for 430 / 430 Scud (plug and play) but no information on the 458.

Have anyone here retrofitted the ipod adapter to a 458? If so, is it plug and play with this cable? New OEM Ferrari 458 Original BECKER I-POD IPOD ADAPTER Cable # 257948 | eBay

Thank you!

2. linchengxu4

linchengxu4 Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Lin
    Same scenario here.
    You must have a amplifier that supports the cable input. Which in our case, the amp does not support iPod cable. So don't waste your money.

3. css

css Rookie

Nov 22, 2016

Did you do anything else to make the car ipod friendly then?

4. linchengxu4

linchengxu4 Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Lin
    No, I gave up.

5. Parshooter

Parshooter Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Where are you located if in south Florida I may have someone who can help you

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    This cable should simply hookup in the Harmann Kardon which is indeed Becker ...

7. css

css Rookie

Nov 22, 2016
    But mine does not have the hi-fi nor navigation option, thoughts?

And will i need some codes to activate it for the ui?

8. shanew

shanew Rookie

Jan 22, 2017
    Hi guys - did anybody every figure this out? have same problem with 2014 458 Spyder
    thanks
    sdw

9. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    There was a thread on this a few years ago. Try the Viseo tune2air adapter WMA1000
    On Amazon
    Not perfect but works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Hoagers

Hoagers Karting

Dec 4, 2016
    You may want to take a look at the Xiaomi Roidmi 2S. No affiliation but several people I know went this route had great results. At @ $20 off eBay not a costly option... can be had off Amazon too for a bit more

11. ChuckStyl5

ChuckStyl5 Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    The Armpit
    458's all have a pre-wired harness for iPod --- Navigation needs a whole new radio

12. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    can someone confirm where the ipod cable plugs into? I dismantled the glove box and headamp and the becker head amp unit doesn't have an appropriate plug, there's mention here that it plugs into the amp is it factory default amp or only if you have upgraded audio? anyone more info on this ? Part number of the amp?

13. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

14. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
  15. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
  16. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    The Ipod cable should go in one of these big 2 grey slots/connectors :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. csotropa

csotropa Rookie

May 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Cristian Sotropa
    I have ordered the oem ipod cable for the 458 (part #257948) but unfortunately this does not seem to be plug and play for cars that did not have this option selected when ordered - see picture attached. The cable does not fit in any of the 2 slots on the back of the Becker unit. I have a 2013 458 Italia with navigation. Any other recommendations are welcomed :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. sfcorsa1

sfcorsa1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2017
    Full Name:
    AVN
    Did anyone ever figure out how to add an iPod cable to a 458 that didn’t come with it as an option?

19. sfcorsa1

sfcorsa1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2017
    Full Name:
    AVN
    That sucks did you ever figure out a solution? I want to add a Bluetooth device but it would only work if the car has an iPod cable (which many of the 458 I’m considering to purchase does not have.)

20. csotropa

csotropa Rookie

May 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Cristian Sotropa
    That was my plan to get the cable installed and then purchase the bovee device. unfortunately I haven’t figured out a solution yet but will ask for help from
    the dealer next year when I will take the car for the annual maintenance service. Until then I am using an FM radio emulator

21. sfcorsa1

sfcorsa1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2017
    Full Name:
    AVN
    I’m thinking about getting one of those too. How is the audio quality? Passable? I’m
    Coming from a 570s which has Bowers & Wilkins so either way this will be a tough downgrade haha (but HUGE exhaust note upgrade)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ash Patel likes this.
  22. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I have the iPod cord and I have tried different iPods and none of them work... The manual doesn't have much so I just gave up. The engine sounds better than the stock stereo anyway

23. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Buy a Bluetooth FM receiver. You connect your phone via Bluetooth and wirelessly stream via FM frequency as if it’s a radio station. Quality is okay not as bad as you would think if you find a good one. Advantage over iPod is it doesn’t require cable plugged in and looks awesome with a wireless charger with magnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Md123 likes this.
  24. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Yes ALL 458 dashboards harness's have the connector on them .. It is behind the HVAC panel secured to the dashboard brace

458SG likes this.