1996 Ferrari F355 GTS, Rossa Corsa/Tan, 6 Speed Manual | FerrariChat

1996 Ferrari F355 GTS, Rossa Corsa/Tan, 6 Speed Manual

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by flat_plane_eddie, Nov 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    #1 flat_plane_eddie, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello Fchat!

Up for sale is my 1996 F355 GTS, Rosso Corsa exterior with a tan interior. It has 31,600 miles which comes out to 1,600 miles a year. If you're looking for a 355 you already know the GTS is the lowest production variant. It offers the advantage of an open top but still retains the beautiful coupe shape with the flying buttresses. I searched for about 6 months before I bought this car. There is a lot of variety in the quality of 355s that are being offered for sale and I wanted one that was in clean condition and mechanically sorted.

The car has Fabspeed headers, high flow cats, Fabspeed y pipe and Capristo 2/3 exhaust which means it absolutely screams! The sounds it makes at 5-8k rpm are simply unbelievable and I still think this is the best sounding V8 ever made.

The car has been pampered by all of its owners and I have done the same. I do have some service records from previous owners but below is a history of what I've done. I do have walk-around and driving videos for anyone seriously interested.

Service history while under my ownership:

1) January to February of 2016, Fast Cars of Redondo Beach at 27k miles:
    Major/engine out timing belt service (w/ Hill Engineering tensioners)
    Full fluid flush
    New plug wires
    New valve covers
    Hyper flow cats
    CV boot driver's side
    Motor mounts
    Valve guides + rebuilt heads
    New cat ECU

The car did not need the valve guides done but I wanted it to be fully sorted mechanically so that is why I spent the extra amount to have that done.

2) March 2016, done by myself:
    New struts for the front and rear hoods
    New downstream/rear O2 sensors
    Capristo Stage 2/3 exhaust (still have the stock muffler)
    Some of the center console buttons were sticky and I had those fixed.

3) May 2016, F&M Motorsports:
    New battery
    Thermostat upper hose replaced
    Brake pump sensor cleaned

4) June 17th, 2016, F&M Motorsports:
    Oil change

Cons:
    1) At one point the tool bag strap was removed from the trunk and it needs to be riveted back. I don't have a rivet gun so I haven't done it yet.
    2) Very small amount of wear on the driver's side bolster, can be seen in pic.
    3) Hand brake leather is torn in one spot which is a common issue for these cars.
    4) When I installed the Ferrari radio, I got a bit excited to see what it looks like fitted and pushed it all the way in. I did this before I hooked it up. I ordered the removal tools from eBay but they haven't arrived yet. Once they do, I'll connect the radio.

Pros:
    1) Fabspeed headers ($2,900) w/ ceramic coating so you don't have to worry about cracked OEM headers.
    2) Hyper flow cats ($2,000) so you don't have to worry about them failing like the OEM cats.
    3) Capristo exhaust ($4,000) which is hands down the best sounding 355 exhaust. I still have the OEM muffler.
    4) Fabspeed bypass y pipe with secondary cat delete ($1,700) for an improved sound.
    5) Major service done recently so you don't have to do it for another 4 years.
    6) Valve guides done along with rebuilt heads.
    7) GTS model w/ body colored top, looks much better than the black ones in my opinion.
    8) 3 pedals so no F1 issues.
    9) Tires are in great condition with plenty of tread.
    10) I will include a California Car Cover.
    11) Books & tool kit along with 2 sets of keys
    12) Has carbon fiber door sills but I still have the original ones.
    13) Battery tender installed.
    14) HID lights so you can actually see at night.

As you can see, the car is fully sorted. Anything it needed I had fixed and I also made sure to fix the common 355 issues even though they weren't an issue yet. Selling it because I want to buy a high mileage 355, 360 or 430 so I can take it to the track. This car is way too clean for the track and there's no way I would drive it there.

PRICE: I'm asking $100k or best offer for it. I was going to wait until early next year to sell but due to work and some traveling in December I won't have much time to enjoy it so might as well start now. Don't forget, excuses are not needed to buy a Ferrari and remember to not ask your significant other because it's much easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission!

I took some pics yesterday right after sunrise and also some right before sunset. There is a bit of an orange hue due to the sun but the car is a true rossa cross red. I'm not the best photographer but for anyone seriously interested I can take any desired pics. Here is a link with these pics and more:

1996 F355 GTS by eddy91604 | Photobucket
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    #2 flat_plane_eddie, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Looks great! I kind of want it back...

4. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    You should hear it with the Capristo exhaust, it's a totally different animal compared to the stock muffler you had on it. I still have the stock muffler for anyone that wants to put it back but that would be sacrilegious lol!

If you're ever up in the LA area drop by and hear it with this exhaust. You'll probably leave with it back :D

5. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

This is an excellent example of a well sorted 355. And its a rare GTS. Good luck with the sell.

6. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    as has already been stated....well sorted car. very nice :)

7. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    You should have just kept your Maser & tracked that!

8. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Thank you guys. As soon as I got the car my first goal was to sort out the immediate issues (major, mounts, etc.) but also the long term 355 issues (cats, guides) that way I can enjoy it and not worry about any of that.

I've thought about that because they're so cheap but they're still kind of pigs on the track :)

9. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
  10. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
  11. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Completely forgot to mention that I had the fuel injectors cleaned in July of this year.

12. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Pm sent re high mileage 355.

13. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Just wanted to bump the ad and mention I'll be out for about 2 weeks starting on the 22nd of December. Have a potential buyer flying out on the 10th of January to see it.

Car is still available until then, of course, and I'm open to offers!

14. jagged155

jagged155 Karting

Dec 3, 2016
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Dan
    PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. jagged155

jagged155 Karting

Dec 3, 2016
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Sorry was unable to send message for some reason. Please contact me when convenient. Thanks

16. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Hi Dan, sorry didn't see this due to the new forum software which makes it a bit confusing. What's your email or phone number?

17. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Forgot to update this thread since I got back from Europe in early January. Car is still for sale, the lowest number I always had in mind was in the 80s so if anyone is seriously interested reach out to me.

I've seen a few GTBs that need work selling for a bit less but once you do a major and all the stuff I did to mine, you'll be at 90-95k. Not to mention this is a GTS with rarer production numbers.

Hopefully the coming spring will bring more buyers out so they can enjoy what we in SoCal get year round :D

18. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    OK well a deposit has been made so we're pending a sale.

19. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Back off Fellas! I sent a deposit! Hopefully will have in my garage in the next week or so. Thanks Eddie and Michael.

20. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

good move Rob

21. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    I'm so happy for you Rob 😍😍😍😍you definitely made the right choice enjoy many years of fun with your new toy !!! now go chase pavement .
    Lots of love brother
    Mike

22. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob

Thank you. Very excited. Hope to get transport lined up by next weekend.