The (one and only) '0846' Debate Thread | Page 386 | FerrariChat

The (one and only) '0846' Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by El Wayne, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    The nerve. Just because you call it "dross", the mods should close the thread? Seriously, you are too much. Can all of us (to use your logic perhaps we need a few of us?) decide something is "dross" and order the mods to close any thread? Now that I think about t there are many threads I think are silly or going on and on. And dammit, I'm important, so I want them closed!

2. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I have no position at all on this matter, just an interested bystander, no one has added anything constructive since Steve posted the photos many pages back, and Jim has not submitted the documentation he said he has.

Moderators are also neutral, very easy to end the thread by one of them stating in a final post that if anyone has some new evidence then submit it to the mod direct to ensure it is in fact new then they re open the debate, all quite simple and unbiased.

Its a suggestion not a demand.

3. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Why is that their role? Which threads are they to do that in?

If you are as you say someone with no opinion and an interested bystander, then it's hypocritical to call anyone out for "thinking they are running the thread rather than the mods".

Perhaps JG should have bullied the mods into closing the thread years ago while he was ahead?

Btw - I'm an "interested bystander" too and want to see the thread continue to evolve. Silly to have to state our desires wrt this topic. Unless the thread or posts contain things that break f-chat rules, there is not reason to censor content here.

4. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    You seem to be a very angry person in your last few posts, Chaos and Vincent always reply in the same manner when things are not going their way, this is a debate abut an old car not life threatening events being discussed here like the Syrian crisis etc which would makes many peoples blood boil.

5. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    At the end of the day if the mods take no notice of the suggestion then all good, nothing anyone can do about that, and vice versa.

6. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I am a bit perturbed that anyone thinks they can tell the mods to close a thread because they want it closed. It's very full of yourself obviously. And reeks of censorship.

Btw, I couldn't agree more it's just a chat board about cars. Which makes me wonder why you care at all and don't simply avoid the thread if you have concluded nothing new is coming. Ordering it closed so others can't discuss is assinine.

7. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #9632 arizonaitalian, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    You really are clueless to your own behaviors. Saying others are angry when you come off that way in this thread is par for your hypocritical self. Just like telling others they can't "run the thread" when you are attempting to do exactly that.

8. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Btw - I'm helping your get your goal - several off topic posts is one way to get a thread closed.

9. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Take responsibility for what you write, don't blame others for your actions and yes another half page of dross has ensued as a result. You opened this latest element by directing your anger at me, hence my right of replies.

I and no doubt many others want to simply open this thread each time and read new facts, not this kind of malarky.

Only Jim, Piper, Marcel or any of their confidants can really add constructively to the debate now in essence.

10. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    To be fair, it's Paul's right to make his suggestion. Isn't saying that he can't express that just another form of censorship? Obviously, if a moderator chooses to act on the suggestion, then the censorship concern can be taken up with the moderator.

I personally don't think the thread should be closed, but I get where Paul is coming from -- IMO, the most insightful post of the last 100 or so is the one quoted below. The question posed still has me pondering :)

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #9636 nerofer, Dec 15, 2016
    Well...I'm sorry for having not been able to keep my mouth closed. Notice however that it must have been the only time since Steve ("MiuraSV") has posted his evidence from the metal.
    As for the rest of the debate: "rien de nouveau sous le soleil" ("Nothing new under the sun"). And those who know won't talk, etc...

Rgds

12. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #9637 arizonaitalian, Dec 15, 2016

What are you talking about?

I did and do take responsibility for what I write. I said so myself in my last post.

You have said you are convinced Jims car is a replica and that nothing new will come from the list of people who might know more. So why exactly are you coming back to the thread?

I hope reading isn't hurting you as much as you suggest it does. If it is hurting you, stop.

13. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

I only spoke up because the small chorus of "we are ahead and we want to take our ball and go home" (aka close the thread now) from Paul and a couple of others is selfish and self-important AND he then called out someone for thinking they are running the thread. The too-far reach of that level of hypocrisy compelled me to call him out on his selfish, self-important, and hypocritical posts. I didn't say he can't write it, I just called him out for it. No censorship from me, folks (me included) can write what we want (within the rules).

14. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    On the basis of the current information at hand then it does sway in favour of being a replica with no important components coming from the original 0846, Jim could turn that viewpoint around though in one foul swoop by producing the documentation he says he has, I am very much a floating voter as such.

Rehashing of old theories time and time again as has happened since the period photos were posted wont though sway me from the above, or others I would imagine.

Why not identify your actual viewpoint on the car and the reasons for that rather than simply engage attack mode.

15. freestone

freestone Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2005
    West Coast USA
    Why doesn't everyone just stop? Until something interesting is to be added?

Is your intent to put pages of nonsense up so no one else can read through, find the facts, and form their own opinion?

Or do you just like bickering?

16. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    well you can check all you want... but... you don't have to engage or reply.

This is a discussion board. As long as the topic is being discussed. I don't see the problem rehashing old items is good. Maybe something new comes of it... maybe it doesn't. Maybe it engages new people and they may find something.

On topic discussion I feel should be welcomed. The bickering, and especially the bickering or rules or trivial inconviences of having to read other peoples posts are kind of lame.

This is not the 0846 news app at your convience.

It takes 3 mintues to go through the drivel. It would be nice not to... but I prefer the freedom of commentary.

if i am on this site... i have the 3 minutes to spare

17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    MODS:

Please do not lock the thread!

As much as I think the car is a replica... if it came down to keeping the thread where it is and locking it... I would say leave it.

I would imagine moving it to the replica thread would probably entail some sort of legal liability anyways... as would "unfairly" locking the thread while a position could be considered ahead.

I think the risk of moving it or locking it is extremely low to these reasons.... but you never know.

I enjoy and think the free flow of information and fact finding is crucial to this thread, this site, this topic and will one day lead us to a nice little pile of evidence.

For the people asking why this keeps going on and on and on... It was fairly dead... after steves informative posts and then... Jim swooped in with the "youll see soon" kind of comment and it got things bubbling again. That was a very incindiary post (not malicous just... it just started all kinds of little wild fires. Much too open ended and verging on promising something "soon" he added fuel to the fire) Hell... maybe jim gets paid per post... LOL

18. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    #9643 johngtc, Dec 15, 2016
    +100

I commented a few weeks back that some posters seemed determined to hit the 10,000 mark, regardless. Little of value has been added for months - just circular arguments and insults. The mods have been models of tolerance.

I am amused to see recent boasts about the number of posts contributed. What does that proove? Several of the Ferrari authorities contibute to the forum only occassionally, and thus have low 'counts', but they are knowlegeable, insightful and always worth reading.

19. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Funny typo...

I think you meant insightful. It's the non experts who are inciting.

20. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    How will you let me know other than remaining on this thread. Do you undertake to PM me? :)

21. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Yes, you are right on both counts!

John

22. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Oh my, the "full gold ASI certification" is just so, so sad. That on top of the previous ferrari owner website "proof" that Ferrari approved the car. Might as well include a certificate of authenticity from Joe's Baseball Cards and Comics while he's at it.

And then stamping 0846 on the car himself? If this is true then I mean, wow, what else is there to say?

That most recent effort of joining the italian car club is either a severe desperation to continue to legitimize this car, or just one more sign of severe psychosis. Perhaps both.

Many of y'all have said something to the effect of "it's not the mistake, it's the coverup." This is so egregious, so ridiculous, so bad that it seems far more likely that this was intentionally a con from the start with Jim thinking he could simply build himself a classic Ferrari P3 and slap some provenance to it, not some sort of honest hunch and eventual mistake.

Regardless of his intention, I feel bad for the owner because it's just too sad.

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    +1

24. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I would never say this say it 100% applies.. but there is that saying...

what is the difference between insanity and genius?

success

if it is 0846 he is a genius... if not people will call him insane.

25. Vincent Vangool

Vincent Vangool Formula 3

Oct 6, 2007
    Zanskar, Kargil district, Ladakh, India
    Full Name:
    Vincent Vangool
    #9650 Vincent Vangool, Dec 15, 2016
    You guys are really reaching here, and to be frank, it is pathetic.

Calling him crazy? Cause he thought he saw signs that led him to believe that it was the remains of 0846? Insinuating that he did all of this as a scam?

You and your gossip squad should be embarrassed with yourselves.

John Hadjuk is the one that originally believed the chassis to be 0846, this was not some scam that JG cooked up. And as a matter of fact, to this day, Hadjuk still believes it to be the remains of 0846.

And too be even more frank, Hadjuk is way more qualified to make that assessment than any of you guys.

So give the conspiracy theories a rest and have some dignity.

How about we talk about the chassis etc. instead of insulting people here, from what I hear, that can get you banned.