2007 F430 Spider PURPLE 15,450 Miles List Price $127,500 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2007 F430 Spider PURPLE 15,450 Miles List Price $127,500

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Pete53E, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Pete , that color is balls savvy. I love it. Side note : Tom ( tikitiki ) is colorblind. :D

2. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    The exterior color is more blue than purple based on the picture. GLWS!

3. mid-fun

mid-fun Rookie

Oct 6, 2016
    Metro D.C.
    The color is awesome! GLWS. There aren't enough purple or orange cars in the world.

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    #29 Bluebottle, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I dig it!

6. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    That is a lovely colour --- and works well with the crema.

7. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    So similar to the popular mid-90's Diablo combo of purple/ crema

8. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom

9. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Dang...that's a pretty 430!

10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    gorgeous 430 great price

11. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thanks all, I appreciate it. I am not in a hurry to get rid of it but somebody will eventually see the same thing I did when I first saw it and it will find a happy home.

12. jjmcd

jjmcd Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Very nice. I believe the Cuda purple is called "Plum Crazy", which would make a great personalized license plate for this car.

13. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Actually....if it was a Dodge it would be "Plumb Crazy" but because it's a Plymouth it's called "In-Violet "
    Very common mistake....
    Also Dodge has the name for the 3 carberator setup as 6 pac....Plymouth has the name of 6 barrel. ...

The 70 Plymouth AAR posted would be a In-Violet 340 6 Barrel. ...

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Why on earth would you sell this thing? It's stunning, and it doesn't matter how many newer V8s are around, people will always flock to this car at a show.

I had the very pleasurable opportunity to see this car up close and in person, 04 August 2015, when it was in the Ferrari of Seattle showroom. From the sidewalk outside, and because I was in Seattle, I thought it was Blu Elettrico (because there's a Microsoft exec in that area who collects Ferraris and is partial to Blu Elettrico - a color he used for the paint on his SA Aperta and his LaFerrari). But when I went inside, I realized that it was definitely different. So I took a bunch of pictures, and then I asked a salesman if he knew the name of the paint color.

He knew it was a custom, one-off color, but didn't know the full story behind it. However, he was kind enough to get the key and pop the bonnet so I could get a picture of the paint sticker. I envisioned some exotic Italian word or phrase to interpret the car's purple hue - some succinct description of an alluring shade of neon plum, neatly wrapped in a vowel-generous, accent-necessary word, of string of words, with just the right amount of Italian flair.

So imagine my deflated surprised when he popped the bonnet, and the bright yellow PPG sticker simply said PURPLE. A name not befitting of the color it described.

Needless to say, I didn't like it any less. And I had the good sense to message Kevin (RumorDude) so I could learn the story behind the color. Now I get to see it again - albeit in pictures, online - but it's still great to see nonetheless. I can't, for the life of me, imagine why you'd sell it though. But with any luck, someone in California will buy it, and I'll get to see it in person again.

It was on eBay a year and a half ago with 12,948 miles, at a Buy It Now of $149,900, and when Ferrari of Seattle first listed it for sale, they advertised it as Rubino Micallizzato - an exciting color in its own rite, but not nearly as awesome as this "Purple."

15. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #40 Pete53E, Dec 24, 2016
    Wow, you summed up my internal conflict right there! I love this car and everywhere I go people can't stop gawking- literally with their mouths open and head cocked to the side like the "RCA Dog" picture from those record labels so long ago.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #41 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Dec 24, 2016
  17. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
    After the may positive, professional comments and advice I will keep it for sale as long as the buyers who have currently and tentatively accepted the car as it is continue to pursue the vehicle due to my honest dealings. After the last prospective buyer falls out (entirely possible), I will re-price at what has been offered and list at what I truly feel it is worth and also reported by outside agencies (140-150K).
    If it doesn't sell by the precious few that are currently in line then it will be re-priced remain at that price until I get overwhelmed by an offer. Thanks, guys for re-centering my impulsive nature.
    I love this SITE!

18. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Hi Pete, I have an interest in your car. I'll give you a call to get more details. Could you send me your contact info in a private message?
    Thanks,
    Kelly

19. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
  20. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Kelly buy that car and bring to Texas. I would love to see it some day.

21. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thanks, for the advice and support! Sale is pending.

22. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Gentlemen, while I am confident about the pending sale and I sincerely appreciate the continued requests/interest on the vehicle, the sale price of the vehicle will be higher, not lower than what is currently posted on this site. It will return to 127,500 as priced originally shall something unforeseen occur with current buyer. I see this as extremely doubtful and again, thank you for the interest but questions of "what will I take?" and others of that sort will all be acknowledged but not considered at this time.
    Thank you for understanding!

23. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Unfortunately, the pending sale was overcome by events beyond the potential buyers control at this time. Hopefully it will come to fruition in the near future.
    That all being said...The car is available again for the listed price of $127,500. For those who were interested before or those new to the listing, please PM me if you are still interested or have questions.

24. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Price drop to 122,000.
    Give me a call!
    Pete
    850-686-1022

25. Pete53E

Pete53E Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Pensacola, Florida
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Why not? The first buyer that wants it for 120k firm.
    Please be serious and sincere and it's yours!