Pics of Mondial T I purchased on BAT | FerrariChat

Pics of Mondial T I purchased on BAT

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by scottmar, Jan 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    #1 scottmar, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am waiting for delivery of the Mondial T I purchased on BAT. I am looking forward to being in touch with other owners to share experiences and information. I went to visit it in Houston and I was very impressed with the overall condition. I had not been in the market for a Ferrari, but i went to the Ferrari Mondiali final at Daytona to see my brothers, one of which brought his 360 spider, and I think the Ferrari fever rubbed off. Maybe the Mondiali sign my younger brother procurred for my bldg. had something to do with it? I have had a 246 Dino coupe and 512BBi, most recently the 512, and although the Boxer had a great sound, it was kind of large and ponderous. So I am really looking forward to this car, from all that I have read, it is really remarkable. And to comment on the car from a design perspective, I have a design and art background and i think the design is pure and subtle. No it's not flashy, but look at some of the early pininfarina designed cars, and this follows the same design theme. So I've attached a couple of pictures I took in Houston of the car. I will report back later when the car arrives.
    Scott
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats!!

I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by how well it drives given it is closing in on being 30 years old!!

Adjustable suspension (Corvette), power steering that you will only notice in the parking lot, and 300 hp to get you moving. A decent amount even by today's standard, and with relatively stiff gearing, you have plenty of quickness. Even with the relatively stiff gearing (only a 5 speed, a 6 speed would have been perfect!), you can get 25 mpg cruising on the highway. I think that is impressive given how old the technology is!!!

Regards,
    Jerry

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I watched this on BAT and you got a great car. Good for you. Enjoy!

5. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    The reason I own a Ferrari is because one of my customers had a 430 and drove up one day I was working on his equipment. The sound was I guess what happens to a cocaine addict the first time he uses. I had to have one. He told me of his first Mondial and the 355 he bought new that was delivered Christmas eve but he never drove till April because of salty roads. I knew then that the Mondial was the instrument for me. Sweet, Stylish, sexy and a Ferrari. Who could ask for anything more?

6. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    1 of only 43 "T" coupes in the US?

Nice Mondial! You will be impressed and so will anyone who sees the car.
    Alden

7. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
  8. Jeka

Jeka Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Johan
    Congratulations, I wish you a lot of happy (s)miles! The paint looks like a mirror on your pictures. I am very curious about your opinion in respect to your other/previous Ferrari's.

9. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow, beautiful T coupe!

Congrats Scott and welcome to the MondiGroup👍

10. akorna

akorna Rookie

Jul 7, 2016
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Forgive my ignorance. What is BAT?

11. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Congrats! Watched this on BAT as well, looks to be a fantastic car.

12. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Congrats! Such a beauty.
    Bring A Trailer BAT Website

13. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    Wade: Yes the Ferrari Mondiali event was amazing. From vintage Ferrari's to modern race cars, and Formula One driver demonstration laps, it was a comprehensive event. The new hospitality lounge overlooking the track was really impressive.
    Thanks all for the welcome and positive comments about the car.

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Congratulations!!!! Enjoy!!

15. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Big Congrats!

I'd also love to hear your thoughts on driving the car in comparison to the 246 and the 512BBi.

Enjoy!

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    +1

Yes please, let us know your sincere review

17. s38junkie

s38junkie Karting

Jun 18, 2011
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    Beautiful coupe and very well bought! Congrats!

18. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    Scott, the condition of your tCoupe looks very good. Looking forward to hearing what you think of the feel behind the wheel. I'm sure you'll find yourself spending a lot of time in the seat.

19. bencollins

bencollins Karting

May 30, 2015
    Whaplode, Lincs, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben Collins
    Looks great, cheapest way to buy a caris the pay up front for best there is,

20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Shot 2 has always been my favourite angle of the T. Congrats on your new ride.

21. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Scott,

Looking forward to seeing her in person when she arrives in Atlanta. Oh and of course meeting you too ;)

Best,
    Cody

22. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    Car arrived yesterday at 1pm by Passport Transport from Houston. Turnaround time was 1 day to Peachtree city, Ga. That was unexpected. Was in a hurry, so could only drive it around the block, so will drive it this weekend. It looks great though, could use some detailing and tlc, but generally, very well cared for. Cody, we will have to get the red twins together when I get everything settled and checked out with the car.

23. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    #23 scottmar, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was finally able to drive the car this weekend on some nice country roads. And just to note, the dealer who I purchased it from, Driver Source, in Houston, put new Bridgestone V rated tires on the car, which was a pleasant surprise. The engine ran perfectly, it appears to be in very good tune. Handling was impressive for a heavy car, I could feel the rear weight bias in a hard turn, it really felt a lot like an early 911, but with even more counterweight, but the handling was rock solid, and in a constant radius turn with power on it just kept gripping. It felt similar to the Boxer, but the Boxer felt heavier, maybe due to no power steering. The Boxer makes a little more noise, especially induction sound. And comparing to the 246 GT coupe I had, it does feel larger and heavier, because it obviously is. The 246 feels like a large go cart with not a lot of power but great steering feel and you see easily over the front fenders to point where you want to go. But the road feel through the steering is the same on all three cars. You just feel everything, and that inspires confidence.
    All in all, I was very happy, it is a wonderful car, and I look forward to more time with it.
    I did have a couple of issues i resolved this weekend. One, was that the shock warning light came on while driving. I found the driver side module on top of the shock was not properly engaged. I re-engaged it and the light came off. I also fixed the driver door panel where the inside window "fuzzy strip" was loose and it had loosened the door panel vinyl. I removed the upper panel and re-glued everything. When you see the wrapped panel, it reminds you that even in 1989 these cars were virtually handmade, even with hand numbered markings on the door inside. I did a lot of other little fixes of loose door panel screws, broken rear passenger grab handle, etc. I attached a couple pics of the door panel and car.
    Two questions I want to ask other owners.
    The plastic panel between the seats that covers the switches is partly unglued. I tried to remove it, but the two knobs, for fan speed, etc, did not easily come loose, so i did not want to break them. Does anyone know how to remove them?
    Also, is this car ok to run on premium unleaded with 10% ethanol? Are there seals, such as at injectors that can be damaged? Does it need to run on premium non-ethanol?
    Thanks, and it was was a lot of fun playing with this car this weekend!

24. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    One other thing that i was very impressed with, and that was braking. I did threshold braking from triple digit plus speed and considering size of rotors and vehicle weight, the car stopped very fast and straight. Not modern supercar standards, but impressive nonetheless.

25. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Looks good ;)