NOLA car dealers | FerrariChat

NOLA car dealers

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Pranucci, Jan 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    F'Chat brain trust:
    My daughter is in New Orleans and needs a new car. Thinking Honda, Toyota, Hyundai range. Want to go new for full warranty. She needs to concentrate on school, not worry about a car.
    Any dealers she should seek out/avoid? I'm in California so can't really help.
    Also, what's the skinny on insurance? She tells me it's sky-high and many people don't carry it.
    Thanks for any help you can provide

2. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've dealt with Ray Brandt Toyota without a problem. I haven't dealt with Honda or Hyundai. You definitely need insurance. It's comparable to other cities where stop sign accidents and car theft is higher than normal.

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Definitely load her up!

2. New Orleans

Average annual premium: $4,309.61

Annual premiums in New Orleans might look cheap compared to Detroit, but the average annual cost still equals about 12 percent of the city’s median household income, according to census figures. Residents commute 22.8 minutes to work on average, and New Orleans has some of the worst maintained roads in the country. Also contributing to high rates is a state law that also allows drivers to directly sue insurance companies after an accident. In Louisiana, juries only decide claims exceeding $50,000. The rest go before a judge or are settled.

Ive bought several cars from Ray Brandt Infiniti because of their excellent service, but don't know if that translates to the other brands.