Shameless request for internet votes; 500 Mondial | FerrariChat

Shameless request for internet votes; 500 Mondial

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bryanp, Jan 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Hello all; I joined F-chat some 14 years ago and have never done something like this. Our 500 Mondial, 0556(0446)MD is entered in the Arizona Concorso tomorrow at the Biltmore in Scottsdale. Included in the sumptuous Swag Bag was a postcard from ClassicCars.com stating that they had "shortlisted" 5 cars entered in the event for a completely meaningless online poll; our Mondial is one of them.

As of a few minutes ago we are in last place with only 5 votes!! I am asking the hordes of f-chatters to go to https://www.facebook.com/classiccarsdotcom and vote for the #8 blue car!

thanks, everyone! A NART Spider was on the front law of the Biltmore, so it should be a good shoe tomorrow, if the rain holds off!

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  3. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I just read the description they have of the car, and I wonder where they got it? Some of it is from previous article we have written, but some of it is just wrong; Rubirosa was not the first owner (the third); and they left out entirely the class win at the '55 GP of Venezuela.

oh well . . . .

4. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Done. Votes from 10,000 miles away should count for more, like 10,000 times more!

5. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Done only around 5,000 miles away for me.

6. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    +1

The vote so far probably says more about the show than your wonderful car!

7. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    From my heart, Bryan you and the Admiral deserve to have their car in pole position, not just because it is a fantastic car, I know what I am talking about, but because as a family you have taken care of it for driving, restoring, maintaining, showing it, for almost 60 years which is a fantastic achievement. As such you should get the first price. Having said, unfortunately, like the other poster I am not part of facemachin, so cannot help. Unless there is an other way to vote.
    Happy New Year to the family and nevertheless best wishes for this concours.

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would have voted but Im not on FB...

9. sinkman

sinkman Karting

Oct 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Same here, not on FB...your Mondial is beautiful

10. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes absolutely. Even the Bugatti was getting one tenth of the votes of the Hudson! What sort of car show has that result?

11. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Same here.

12. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Or what sort of Facebook page more to the point?

13. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I thought that too after I posted. In any case I hope the weather was good and Bryan and Robert had a great day with their great car. I have been lucky enough to see it a few times and it is wonderful to see when people are informed on the history of the car, and they just go "WOW". Even non car people are interested in such tales. I think it is now the second longest Ferrari ownership in the world.

14. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    We had a good weekend; 0556(0446) won its class and also won the "Heritage Award" that goes to the car w/ the most notable or interesting history or story - I think my father's 57 years of ownership was dispositive.

15. mcg

mcg Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I also was an entrant at the concours and had a great chat with your father and mother about their experiences with the Mondial, MG, and the wicked Moke.

Best,

Andy

16. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
  17. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a dumb question. What is the significance (story) of the black italic "S" on a yellow square background on the lower back side of each front fender? There appears to be some writing below the big "S" but could not read it in the video.

18. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    It is Scaglietti & Co., Modena (Italy).
    Scaglietti being the coach builder who built the elegant body for this Mondial.

19. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips