Recent very short snip of a Mondial in I think - an aftershave ad | FerrariChat

Recent very short snip of a Mondial in I think - an aftershave ad

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by docmirror, Jan 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. docmirror

docmirror Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Ft Worth TX
    I don't watch ads, but this came on during a football game. All I saw was an athletic looking guy and there was a shot of a red Mondial conv making a turn. Then it cut away to something else.

I didn't see enough to prove it was a Mondial, but clearly rosso corsa, and clearly a convertible. Pretty sure it was. I think they were selling some kind of fru-fru bottle of something, maybe aftershave.

If you've seen it, post up a link. Weird, seeing a 30 year old car in a modern ad.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  3. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Looks like a badly mutilated Mondi...

4. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Ok, so this is Bronco's player Von Miller, and this was released in September.

I'm from Denver and purchased my 3.2 in Nov/Dec.

I SWEAR this is NOT the reason I purchased my Mondi... I'm not even a Broncos fan LOL :)

From the glances I see, I don't see too much "mutilation". What are you referring to? It does look like a Red/Tan QV Mondial.

James in Denver

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #5 paulchua, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think he is referring to the side vents. It seems they removed the grill and tried to smooth out the intake.

although it does look like it might have been digitally altered for whatever reason....in the video that section looks extra blurry/muddy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. docmirror

docmirror Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Ft Worth TX
    Hah! So I wasn't imagining it. And a QV at that. I wonder sometimes about advertiser geniuses. The Mondial could never have been considered the 'prototypical' model of the brand. One more thing. Based on a snip at the 6 second mark, and also when he turns, it's apparent to me the top is not folded right. Another common issue with the Mondial top is to fail to fold the bows correctly, so the top sticks up too high.

7. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    door andles r also missing

8. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name: