Sad by McLaren as my choice | FerrariChat

Sad by McLaren as my choice

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Abdulaziz, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #1 Abdulaziz, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I don't care about people's opinion beyond a certain point. What I mean is that I wanna drive a car that is clearly not a BMW, Benz, or a Porsche and wouldn't mind people assuming the Aventador car owner is richer than the Rapide owner because the MSRP is higher for the Aventador even though I prefer the Rapide.

As long as people obey MSRPs, I'm okay with insults if sth is genuinely more expensive than my car via MSRP. The MP4-12C Spider's MSRP is equal to the F12's MSRP but my car depreciated significantly. They both started at 2013 btw and bashing a 2014 MP4-12C Spider owner harshly and not doing the same for an F12 owner is harsh and unfair since both owners could've theoretically bought their cars in 2013. The MP4-12C's depreciation should be no reason for people to crush its value further and treat you like "it's impossible that you bought it new".

My problem is that I know a prince and bought from him a 2014 McLaren MP4-12C Spider DMC that I couldn't custom make something that even looks partially better in my taste and preferences. The problem is that since acknowledging that I had the money for a modern Ferrari but chose a McLaren instead is a huge insult for their ego, their solution in their subconcious is to devalue the car's market value to the point that I clearly cannot afford a Ferrari. I keep reminding their asses mine is a 2014 and yet insults from everyone continue as if all MP4-12Cs whether coupes or spiders must have 2012 coupe market values -30%.

Nearly NOT 1 person I met with the car whether service center or friends has not commented on the used value of my car and then they say that 70K car is great":

Their slogans are
    "Wow your McLaren is great and for 100K I hope you're enjoying it a lot."

Today at the dealership a *hore Talal said: "Wow did you know your car is a legacy car that's so awesome and your bodykit makes it look amazing"

I said "thanks as I happen to love this car so much."
    Then he insults: "For 70K this car is a great deal and amazing and don't worry it'll hold its value"

I bought my car and was tagged in choice with the F12 because my car is fully loaded and this is a picture from when the prince owned the car:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #2 Abdulaziz, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    My family are very frugal and are saudi billionaires and it feels very disgraceful to be made to feel this shi*ty about my car BY ALMOST EVERYONE. Had I bought a used F12 and paid about 50K more, I wouldn't even hear USED as a terminology in the discussion because I can say: "It's the latest V12 Ferrari that started in 2013 so FU" and everyone would STFU. In my McLaren, 2013 feels like 1998 to them!!!

I really don't care about people's opinions and as evidence I bought this car instead of a Ferrari/ Lambo but I can't handle the fact that none of my other cars ever stirred the word "used" by anyone and they even crush my car with values the worst MP4-12C would never reach like 70K or 100K.

I tried to use "net worth" as a comeback to the people I care about (the rich) but it backfires and they still repeat these lame cheap values. I once stopped at a family owned property that has a project worth 60,000,000 USD and we own 18,000,000 USD of the project and told the guy who called me 100K by saying nicely: "We leased this property to some one for 20 years and we own the land". Yet, 2 weeks later he says: "Wow your car is so pretty with the kit and for 80K its a great value".

I said: "My 2014 spider is under warranty and these are 2012s. Perhaps that your referring their prices are Carswith mo warranty."

What exactly do they want?! Family money should've put them in their place and it was the reason I bought an MP4-12C over an F12. The fact that I can show them assets worth 8-9 digits each is more than enough for them to STFU or so I thought. What more do they want that I HATE to be like them and buy a Ferrari?!!!

All the people who insult me btw do it in a "good intention" way. I, however, see that they say it of envy that I refused to buy a Ferrari even though I could afford it. Thus, they made me not afford it by destroying my car's value to F430 status.

I consulted a friend and he said "they do this because your car is teasing them unlike all the other cars". Comments?

Summary:
    + Why if I show people I come from a Hypercar level family that they repeat the inferior values?!!!
    + Why me saying it's a 2014 has no effect on their inferior value estimates and continue their 2012 estimates -30%?!!!

3. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    #3 ///Mike, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    I'd post a link to the McLaren forum but it'd probably get blocked. Shouldn't be difficult to find though. Best of luck...

4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I'm not sure I understand the issue

You're sad because people think your car isn't as expensive as their car?

5. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    I'm sad that since my car is $1000 --> becomes $500 due to low demand ---> people say wow what a great $200 - $300 car ---> then I fix it like a $2000 car because it has no parts and is rare (+bodykit)

F12: $1000 ---> becomes $700 ---> no one says $700 and thus you are treated like a $1,000 car owner ---> you fix it like a $1,000 car.

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I think you should just be happy you own a great car (McLaren's are gorgeous) and just not care what other people think or say. Remember, something like 60% of the worlds population doesn't even own a refrigerator (or something to that effect). Life's to short to give a **** about what anybody thinks of you, much less dick swinging about who's supercar looks more expensive...

Cheers man

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I think your problem has little to do with the car of choice, and more to do with your friends of choice.

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sell it and get a nice Renault Clio, then nobody will bother you and you'll be worry free.

9. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Abdulaziz, your McLaren is a great car and one you should be proud of.

Some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

10. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #10 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    I suffer with all people I have to deal with even were I to choose to ignore the "friends" department. In fact, I made this thread because the last straw that struck the camels back was the dealership yesterday. This is a new dealer and this is my first visit since the old dealer just closed recently. I asked for a few concerns and then the service advisor said something out of the blues in a way that I don't deserve good service and courtesy cars since:
    1- My car is under warranty and thus I'll be getting free repairs that I don't deserve because:
    2- My car is worth 60-80K according to his estimates (He said: "Wow your car is a legacy" Then: "For 80K 60K this is good value".

I am being treated like **** unlike the US/ UK dealerships where people working at these companies don't try to make you feel like: "hey your car is of Lexus values now so stop complaining of low quality service?"

The pain is endless because insurance is insane, risks are huge because bodykit is 6cm over ground and yet I'm bashed consistantly. I swear I HAVE never owned a car that made EVERY LIVING PERSON say wow it's 70K and great value. It's nothing close to 70K and the cheapest 2012 12C coupe off warranty 12C is 130K. Why is this ONLY happening to this car? Is it because people love Ferraris this much?!!!

The 6cm ground clearance bodykit:

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Clearly trolling.

12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Nice ride you got there! Is that a Nissan? ;)

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #13 greyboxer, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    If you are trying to sell your car I'll give you the USD 70 000 quoted if its still in Europe

If not sorry if I misunderstood your thread.......

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    1) McLaren tend to depreciate in value the way a lead anchor sinks... much like Aston Martin.
    2) Nobody cares what the original MSRP was.
    3) Want to really have some fun, as above sell it and buy a 1960's to 70's Renault.
    4) This is the problem with basing your personal value on how much money you have, there is always some other vapid nitwit that has more. And you can see... nobody really cares how many zero's are in your bank account. Seriously. Nobody cares. And the people that mooch champagne off of you in Marbella.. they don't care about YOU either.
    5) If you really want to meaning in life instead of focusing on all the material crap that gives PLEASURE.. give to others of yourself. Then you'll experience something called HAPPINESS.

15. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    He could get his problem fix by getting a little professional counseling.

16. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    I hope the OP one day could experience a REAL problem - one that might set things in perspective...

17. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    This is taking the expression "first world problems" to a whole new level.

P.S: I like the body kit.

18. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can't tell if trolling or serious...

19. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I do too.. I WISH McLarens were that cheap here. Only rub for me would be to replace the suspension with coil-overs.

Oh and OP.. yes. In the end for those who are into posing more than driving, it's not a Ferrari.

20. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #20 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    Yes you have completely misunderstood the thread. Their source of quoting is their ass. The car is worth about the same everywhere in the world. I never tried to sell the car and these are not "quotes" my friend.

I just searched w*w.autotrader.c*m and the cheapest 2014 MP4-12C Spider is 165K.

21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Well, now we know how tough real world problems are.

You and your ultra rich buddies yap at each other because one car costs more than another, or is worth more than another. Sounds like the kinds of arguments I had in 3rd grade, at age 9, not a discussion among adults. Do you start the conversation with, "Neener neener?"

Are you 9? If you are not, then rise above the pettiness of your poorly chosen friends and/or go hang with guys driving 20 year old Russian cars, or Renaults, or whatever the rest of the world drives when they aren't billionaires.

I've never heard such a pile of whining because your expensive car isn't expensive enough. If it really bothers you, and clearly it does, go get whatever the rest of the gang is buying and get over it.

Oh, and your posts would carry a lot more weight if you were posting your own photos, not clips from an online magazine.

Sheesh.

D

22. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #22 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
  23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Abdulaziz:
    You have a fabulous car so ignore the idiots.
    Where is it? Saudi? Very judgmental people around you, seems to me, I have never seen any negative reactions like that to McLarens around here.

24. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My friend , you are a bit out of touch with reality :D

25. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014