215/70VR15 New tyres £ 100 each | FerrariChat

215/70VR15 New tyres £ 100 each

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Longstone Tyres, Jan 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi Team

due to a slight woopsee in a production of tyres made for Lamborghini, a batch of 215/70VR15 Cinturato CN12 tyres got made with out an e mark or a DOT mark on the side of them. In fact instead it just has "Vintage car use only" written on the side.

215/70VR15 PIRELLI CN12 (Vintage Car use only) | Longstone Tyres

It's not ideal, but the price is pretty darned good.

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Are those road legal in the US? UK?

3. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Can you post a picture of them showing the labeling? Are they identical to normal CN12's other than the labeling?

4. P4AntonLM

P4AntonLM Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Anton Schicho
    Hi,
    would you sell one to Austria too?

5. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Yes, please let us know.

6. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    This link has a picture of the labeling on there 215/70VR15 PIRELLI CN12 (Vintage Car use only) | Longstone Tyres now. We put it on today, wiuth some text about them.

They are identical to the normal CN12. this is the earlier production.

Yep we'll sell them to Austria.

Are they road legal?

The law states that i cannot sell a tyre that is non e-marked or DOT marked tyres. Unless it states that it is for an alternative purpose on the side wall. for instance M&S. so saying "Vintage Car Use Only" should cover that. and on top of that i state "display purposes only" on my invoice.

Currently to my knowledge there isn't a law that says to drive on the highway you must have e marked tyres, (I don't know about in the States.) and i think that is connected to there being no law about how old your tyre is. and a car could be bought from a country where the same tyre laws don't apply.

To be frank i believe the law to be a gray about this subject. And to cover my back i sell them as "display purposes only" on my invoice, so i drop the ball firmly in your court. They are a very good price and a genuine period tyre that looks cool.

When i first started getting the Cinturato range together i bought a whole heap of tyres that had been made with the same issue. I sold the lot of them and nobody ever got in trouble on the road to my knowledge and these were sold all over the world.

So it's up to you.

7. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    So, the uncompromised CN12 tire at the regular price yes has the DOT marking and it does NOT have the "Vintage Car Use Only" text?

8. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    #8 Longstone Tyres, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That is correct This is the uncompromising tyre 215/70WR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 | Longstone Tyres

This is the one with the "Viin tage Car Use Only" text 215/70VR15 PIRELLI CN12 (Vintage Car use only) | Longstone Tyres

The pictures below are the full side wall design of a 205/70VR15 CN12 that has the emaking and everything, done nice and professionally so you can see all the detail. you can possibly get it better off our Italian site https://www.longstonegomme.it/pneumatici/215-70x15/exact-match/215-70wr15-pirelli-cinturato.html (sorry we haven't taken posh photo's of the 215 yet)

The other picture i took with my phone of the non DOT marked tyres.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    I'm glad to see you chaps are enjoying these. we have sold quite a few

10. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  11. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  12. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    The "Vintage Car use only" 215/70VR15 CN12 tyres are even cheaper now!