F12 Status 20 | FerrariChat

F12 Status 20

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by deltona, Feb 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #1 deltona, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Congratulations, Justin! Lovely, classy spec! I can only imagine how ecstatic you must be feeling right now! How long until you receive your first production line photo?

Kind regards,

Nuno.

3. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It's going to be terrific Justin-almost perfect spec!!

Thanks for reminding me to add an Avatar.

4. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
  5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Congratulations very beautiful combination which grigio is yours ? The worst is having to wait but once you have her you can compensate for the lost time as much as you want.

6. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    What a beauty love the spec

7. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    On his behalf, Ferro.

8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Funny mine is Ferro and looks different but that has probably to do with the configurator images.

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations!!! Very exciting!

10. FFMAC

FFMAC Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mac
    Congrats Justin! Will be a stunner! Will more than make up for the missing FF!

11. Ristretto

Ristretto Karting

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Great news for you. Mine went Status 20 about a week ago. I was hoping for production photos by this time, but none yet. Anyone know how long before Ferrari posts the production photos?

12. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    When did you submit your order? My CaliTHS has been sitting 10G for over a month, driving me nuts! Congrats btw.

13. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Great choice on the diamond cut wheels. They look so good in person. Congrats on your build.

14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Wonderful.

15. Roland1688

Roland1688 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    Taipei
    Full Name:
    Roland
    +1

16. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #16 deltona, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Thanks to each and every one of you for your kind words. You guys have played a BIG part in helping me make the decision and choosing my spec. An invaluable help, really!

Yes it is Grigio Ferro, a colour I have seen many times on other Ferrari models but never on an F12 in the flesh but I am confident it will look good. To me Ferro is the perfect balance of dark/light grey that shows the lines, is classy but also can be sporty and looks different in all conditions but stunning in bright sunlight.

I sat in the F12 at Geneva in 2012 and knew at that point I had to have one. At that time I thought that when they were half the price in a few years time i'd get one. In the UK at least that has far from happened.

Whilst waiting for prices to drop i got into a used FF which I absolutely loved and still do, but my heart kept pulling me to the F12. I found that I was hardly using the rear seats in the FF so after 18 months decided I would go for the F12. Used prices hadn't dropped much so i decided to take the plunge on a late build new car in my chosen spec.

Hopefully i'll start to get the factory pictures coming through soon, but i've no idea when.

To those of you have already taken delivery, roughly what is the time from status 20 to build complete?

17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Justin congratulations again for the new F12 you'll be compensated for the waiting time that i'm sure. My story is a bit like yours but started later and like you at a certain point I knew I had to have one. Mine is also a Grigio Ferro with 11.500 Km and despite of the fact that I will only receive it from Germany next month, I've had the opportunity of contemplating it on the flesh for a complete afternoon and believe me this historic color goes exceptionally well with the F12 and looks really good. It's not too flashy and I would say is rather discrete but under the light the grey has different degrees of intensity, some lighter other darker, so the nuances, the contrast and the reflexions are varied and the overall result has a lot of mystique.

If you go to the thread ADVICE F12 you can see some photos which give a more precise idea of the color than the one produced by the configurator.

18. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hi Mario, I did see your car and it is a stunning specification. I had the same wheel colour as you (Matt Grigio Corsa) but decided to change at the last minute to diamond cut. But i think both will look amazing. I also looked at Iroko interior too so I personally would be very happy with your car! :)

19. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #19 deltona, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This car is identical to my spec outside apart from the chrome grille. I went standard black. Not sure if i've made a mistake there but easy enough to change if i decide to later.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. seawise

seawise Karting

Feb 29, 2016
    Sussex, UK
    that looks mega Justin - I have thrown my hat in the ring for the F12M so i'll be swapping my black FF for an F12 (or whatever they call it) in the future, but i suspect i'll have at least another 2 years of FF ownership before it appears !

Oliver

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations again! I think speccing your own car adds another dimension to the experience. A lovely spec too!

Here are the status codes - I forget where I got them but I found them on F Chat a while ago so sorry for not giving the proper credit, I just don't remember and I should have written it down but I didn't...

10 Orders Accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
    20 Chassis Assembly (at Scaglietti)
    30 Painting
    40 Assembly Line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
    50 Assembly Line (engine/transmission)
    60 Finishing
    70 Testing (road/track)
    85 Storage
    90 Water (in transit)
    92 PDI Completed
    93 Shipping to Dealers
    94 Dealer Stock
    94 Red (Retailed)
    95 Submit To Factory

You are at 20. I would imagine if you mean to get to 85- all testing done and awaiting shipping you are looking at like 2-3 weeks.

22. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That's one big U.K. geographical advantage- short shipping times.

23. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks Oliver, I nearly did the same as you but from memory you haven't had your FF that long so i think you've done the right thing to wait and the two years will fly by. Let's face it FF, F12 or F12M, all have essentially the same stonking V12 so there are no bad decisions.
    How are you enjoying your FF? I miss mine already and its only been gone two weeks.

24. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks for posting that, a worthy and useful repost.

If your 2-3 weeks is right the car could be here in March which would be perfect for me.

25. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Any idea how long from build complete to UK dealer Tim? A week or two?

UK specific point - We have new Vehicle Excise Duty from April 1st, i think

I am unfamiliar with the exact rules but I read that any new car over £40,000 has a subsequent £310 a year for 5 years ON TOP of the normal road tax rates which I assume are going up as well.

I'm guessing I need to get the car registered in March to avoid the extra charges? Anyone know the specifics for a 6.3 Litre 730 HP V12 with, errr, not very low emissions!?