What did you do to your Mondial today? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What did you do to your Mondial today?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ddenboer, Dec 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hello Guido,
    The 8 x allen key head screws/bolts that hold the door to the hinge are a bugger to get off.. mine seemed to have never been undone before and you only get one chance to undo them before the heads are chewed out... mine ended up having a standard nut tack welded onto then to get leverage to remove them... New ones to replace the removed ones....
    So yes they are tricky to remove.... :)

2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    That whas I thinking...real pain to remove them. Have to do this also in the near future.

Guido

3. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Pulled and inspected all 8 spark plugs. Verified spark at each lead. Went for a 20 mile drive. It was wonderful :) All done yesterday evening.

4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Completed the axel boot renewal on the drivers side (needed a couple of weeks to recover my arms from doing the passenger side which had split, those bolts are tight!).

Adjusted parking brake, after have cleaned and lubed the ratchet handle mechanism.

Changed plugs an a couple of broken plug wire holders (these sure are a cheap design, sure wish there was someone who would make some alloy ones that look the same).

Changed gearbox oil. Used Red line for many years (MTL 90 or 75w90NS), but am trying Amsoil 75w90 Severe Gear after reading various threads and such, just as an experiment to see if changes the shift character at all.

Replaced taillights and signal bulbs with 3496 and 3497 bulbs (after lots of reading did not go to LED). New headlights bulbs on order. Cleaned up license plate bulb holders (they are not sealed to the elements, there is a gap where the plastic holder and trunk area are straddled by the lens assembly). Really dirty in there, and some corrosion of the bulb socket, so glad I caught this, I am sure no one has removed them before.

Replaced the slave clutch line, and pressure bled the system.

I can't wait for spring! Will probably do some detailing and smaller clean/grease type projects to wait out the winter (freezing rain today). My car looks and drives like new, because I love to do all this stuff, I find it a very relaxing diversion.

Thanks to all the fchatters who have previously posted and or responded on these various projects.

5. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    #30 sidtx, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And, while I may be a bit prejudiced, I think it's a gorgeous color for a Mondial Coupe!!!

Sid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

MauroV likes this.
  6. AUDIO RESEARCH

AUDIO RESEARCH Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    Hi guys ,

1. Replaced the side mirrors remote control switch w/c I bought from a BMW PARTS source ( maximillian imports ) . Got it for $50 and it fits and work perfectly.

2. I sprayed all the elecrical connection located under the brake master cylinder w/ an electrical contact cleaner.

3. Finally my Aircon tech replaced my original SANDEN 508 compressor since the clutch seal is already leaking w/ oil & R12 freon w/ a brandnew one that can use the R134 refrigerant . The AC Filter / Drier was replaced as well. After these job I can regularly use the Mondial. Its hot & humid in our country thats why AC is a neccesity .

audio research

7. AUDIO RESEARCH

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    I agree when we got our car it was painted rosso corsa as well. I had it repainted last year back to its original color chiaro blue and everybody who sees the car loves it .

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcZfDQNa8S4]My drive with the Ferrari Owners Group (Northern California) - YouTube[/ame]

9. AUDIO RESEARCH

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    Nice video Paul

Thanks ,

audio research

10. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    #35 stekkefun4, Feb 8, 2017
    sidtx likes this.
  11. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    So you used a new SANDEN 508 compressor, not some kind of upgrade? I've seen them on eBay and they state that either refrigerant can be used. Is this what you have? Also, where did you source the filter/drier?

12. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Man does that look like fun, Paul!

13. AUDIO RESEARCH

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    I pm'd you w/ my reply .

audio research

14. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  15. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    #40 sidtx, Feb 9, 2017
    The combination of blue and the black trim is just gorgeous!!!!

Here's a recent pic (this weekend) at the start of an early morning Cars and Coffee here in Dallas. It's still dark out, as you have to show up early (6:45am) in order to be assured of getting in. Between 500-1000 cars show up every month. all types of cars. Notice the 2 Bentleys in my second photo. Because I don't like waiting in line, I usually show up as soon as the gates open. By 7:15, the lot is full.

Sid

16. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Perfect weather for getting the old girl out for a run.

We'll pay for it come August, but for right now, it's just perfect!!!!

Sid

17. AUDIO RESEARCH

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    Before I forget if you plan to use the new Sanden 508 make sure to use the old clutch and pulley of your old Sanden compressor, have this installed to the new one. Any AC Tech can do this.

Hope this helps ,

audio research

18. PBonneau

PBonneau Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Today I replaced a burned out license plate bulb on my 1986 3.2 Cab. I was alerted to the failure by the check-control panel. It's nice to know that after 30 years my check-control system is still working!

Philippe

19. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I did my licence bulbs as well. Worth cleaning things up, the units are not completely sealed to the elements, a good hose spray while washing could get some moisture inside and one had a socket corroded which needed quite a bit of clean up. These units, and the lenses are getting scarce, so worth a bit of preventive maintenance with a bit of dielectric grease on the sockets and contacts before reinstalling fresh bulbs.

20. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    #45 srephwed, Feb 17, 2017
  21. AUDIO RESEARCH

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    Hi Guys ,

Replaced a leaking hose from the brake master cylinder reservoir thats connected to the clutch master cylinder.

audio research

22. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Haven't been able to do too much to mine lately, (work schedule, kids, and a snowmobile trip) but i started the teardown for the 30k service and finalized my order from AWitalian.

23. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    #48 Cadillacbart, Mar 5, 2017
  24. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004