Paint shop recommendations in MA | FerrariChat

Paint shop recommendations in MA

Discussion in 'New England' started by itsablurr, Feb 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Looking for a reputable paint shop with experience in exotics to color match the targa top on my 348, and perhaps some other work. A cursory look has Sublime Restorations and Mike's Autobody of Malden on my radar. Any feedback or others that I should be looking at? Located in Carlisle, so eastern MA and southern NH is the range.

Thanks!

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well I don't know if they have experience with exotics, but they have done work for me for over 25 years and I can tell you they are meticulous. Check out State Road Auto Body in Wayland. Their number is 508-358-5191. You can ask for Steve the owner, but he is semi-retired so if he's not there ask for Mike.

I feel confident of one thing, if they can't do what you want, they'll tell you.

3. steve@amne

steve@amne Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2007
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Steve O
    I have a couple paint shops depending on the job... our Restoration paint jobs are completed by CB Restoration in Bradford MA and we have a great shop next door to our shop in Waltham, ABKO Autobody. I can setup work with both places for you.

Best
    Steve

4. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Several 308 owning friends have had restoration and paint work done by Thunder Road Specialty Auto Shop in Merrimack, NH. Work I have seen is top quality and very fairly priced.

5. ferrariguyma

ferrariguyma Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    David Cusano used to run the body shop for Hatch & Sons in Sudbury.

Top end work

Andrew

6. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #6 BRADAN, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We service and paint allot of cars from MA, Free enclosed pickup and delivery. If you wanted to visit were wrapping up a 348 GTS bare metal paint job right now.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. JFerrari328

JFerrari328 Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    MA
    Hello,

Any good recommendations for a paint repair south of Boston ?

Some clown dinged my 328 (details to come later)

Thanks,
    J

8. necron2600

necron2600 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    NW of Boston, MA USA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I have gone to Mike @ Woburn Street Auto Body in Tewksbury for close to 2 decades. If price is a concern he is very good for what he charges. He has worked on my Testarossa, Porsche 930, and 70's Mercedes among many other cars I have had (He did some excellent work on a '79 308 GT4 many years back). He has a strong attention to detail. He does color-match using a 3rd party with a paint scanner (or whatever term is used for that device). He takes care of you and your car, explains everything, shows you everything as it progresses and stands behind his work.

Woburn St Auto Body (978)452-4106

-Kevin

9. JFerrari328

JFerrari328 Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    MA
    Thanks for the info, I am trying to stay around the South Shore seeing it is a touch up job.

10. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    +1 on Dave Cusano- he can be reached at Boyles auto Body (781) 641-3441 - they are in Arlington

+100 on Dan MacKay at Bradan- Won many "Best in Show" awards with Dan's body and paint shop, let alone their mechanical restoration ability.

Also +100 on Danny McGhee at Side Alley Restorations in Westborough MA- Danny does everything from Hot Rods to Pebble Beach award winning cars- He's THE master at matching paint- He's at (508) 330-1213

Feel free to tell any of these guys Jay sent you!

11. Herane

Herane Rookie

Jun 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Hi All,

Hoping to revive this thread. Can anyone recommend some paint shops closer to Boston? I have a couple spots that I want to get touched up (nothing major). Please let me know, thank you.

12. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    If you're in Boston, go to Mike's Autobody.

13. Herane

Herane Rookie

Jun 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Hi Rick,
    Thanks for the recommendation, I will give them a call because they are indeed well renowned in the central Boston area. Unfortunately, one of my friends had a bad experience with them so I have some reservations. Have you heard of "Wreck-a-mended Autobody"?

14. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    No i haven't but I will say this. No place is perfect, sorry to hear your friend had a bad experience. How long ago was it? But given how many glowing reviews they had, the math favors that you'll have a better experience there vs. anywhere else close by. I also have first hand personal and business experience with a shop in NH if you're willing to drive 50 min. North. If so, you can private message me and I can share with you their info in case you decide against Mike's.

15. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Can I ask who you'd recommend in NH? Looking into getting the nose of my car touched up or resprayed. Also, any ideas for a good paint correction outfit in NH by chance?

16. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As mentioned previously in this thread, Thunder Road in Merrimack.

InlineSixx and audi_328 like this.
  17. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Have no idea how I missed seeing that. Thanks.

18. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    They are directly across the street (Columbia Circle) from HM Motorsports (probably the best exotic shop in the area, see InlineSixx above...he is one of the initials of HM). I haven't used Thunder Road myself yet but others speak pretty highly of them.

InlineSixx and audi_328 like this.
  19. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Have 3 friends who used Thunder Road for their 308 paint work. All very pleased with quality and cost.

20. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #20 InlineSixx, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Thank you for the kind words!

Yes, Euro Motorsport - [next door to HM] is where Haleem and I handle our exotic, vintage, and speciality work.