The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 14 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    #326 NeilF8888, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The GTC Lusso has the same wheel and the one I drove today had the Carbon-Shift Lights option and all aluminum areas are carbon. Also the turn signals are much more positive than the previous design and you dont have to check if engaged, which I always had reservations about on my other modern F-cars. Much better! also horn in the center is much more intuitive. All in all a better designed sreering wheel and looks fabulous in carbon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The yellow one looks downright ugly. Black wheels really dont help.

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I'm not a design expert but something seems hurried. Doesn't look like they intended for the shields on front wings, maybe better without them on this car? When I initially think it would look good in a dark metallic it seems like a red flag.

4. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    #329 NeilF8888, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    aluminum wheel for comparison (not my picture
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It kind of seems like the opposite to me. There is so much space there on that body panel that the shield helps take up some extra room.

6. N5YGE

N5YGE Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think the rear angles just seems weird due to no diffuser. Will look much cleaner when installed I should think.

7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
  8. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    It's amazing how much better the steering wheel look in carbon, really makes a massive difference. I'm still holding firm that the car will look the best in black or very dark colors, there's just too much going on with all the aero otherwise.

9. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Everything you like I would say is generic and safe. Not made for race inspired drivers. The horn under thumbs is faster and safer than raising your hands from the wheel, the F12/FF/458 turn signals are faster, lighter and more elegant/effortless. The new fonts on the wheel are just plain ugly, and the new mannetino feels like a video game.

10. N5YGE

N5YGE Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alex
    In the renders the gap between the bottom of the rear bumper and diffuser is minimal, if the diffuser was present I think you'd be able to see it almost 'meet' the bumper. Also if you zoom in it looks like the floor is visible and the parts that look like a diffuser are just the framework to hold it on.

11. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Sadly I must agree. To me - albeit from the pics - it's awful in yellow, especially around the rear 3/4.

12. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Quite interesting, I have raced for 20 years, do you?

13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Nice :D

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    It's not a flattering image. Maybe with better lighting and a better camera the car would look better.

Also the triple yellow paint is a nicer shade than the glossy non metallic yellow IMO

I too am not a fan of the dark black rims. Silver or gray color is a better choice for me

15. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Its very interesting for me to read about all this love for the 599 as its my least favorite looking of all the contemporary front-engine V12's since their reintroduction in 1992.

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Too many everything. So many 'eyes' like a big orchard spider. Either lose the inner of the four rear lights or the outer of the four tail pipes. All eight make me dizzy.

For those that were at at the reveal, is that a giant piece of black plastic surrounding the entire front grill or is it aluminum painted black? I know someone posted they checked for the horsey being metal and it freaked them out a little.

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Too many everything. So many 'eyes' like a big orchard spider. Either lose the inner of the four rear lights or the outer of the four tail pipes. All eight make me dizzy.

For those that were at at the reveal, is that a giant piece of black plastic surrounding the entire front grill or is it aluminum painted black? I know someone posted they checked for the horsey being metal and it drew a little attention..

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Back in 2006 one of the journalists went to the Ferrari factory to learn about and see the new Ferrari 599 Fiorano. One of the factory guys arrived with a 599 painted Silverstone with dark tan seats and carpet. Looking at the 599 through the office windows the new shape drew you closer like a magnet. The visual appeal of the design immediately won the viewer's admiration and affection. You did not need to 'warm to the design' or try to understand all the design details. Pininfarina had the experience that immediately created that sort of warmth and personal reaction.

19. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    The front and rear are good, the rest is terrible..but it could just be it will only look good in dark colors

20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  21. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    One of best posts I saw on this forum when it comes to core design discussion. Bravo!

22. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    As many of you, i own and i have owned many ferraris and i think this : If the car is " too much ok " to your eyes at first sight ( as 812 ) with the time the car will not be anymore so beautiful . This car ,, in my opinion, works like that . Too much " Lamborghini " lines and curves , i am sure the f12b ( in the future ) will be more appreciate . I also own a GTC4, and honestly , at first sight it doesn't not give too much to my eyes . Her lines was less immediately " wow " but day by day i can notice a more classical " ferrari style " similar to Pininfarina and different from Manzoni in 812 .

23. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Verde with yellow livery render: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQqvtIlD4GB/

The shape reminds me of something kind of zagatoish. Also of the Alfa tzs.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/1963_Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_TZ_in_ivory_(Lime_Rock).jpg/280px-1963_Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_TZ_in_ivory_(Lime_Rock).jpg

All in all I don't think they pushed the design to come up with something truly unique but something that is good enough to get a lot of sales which is probably the most important thing. I think the classy specs will suit the 812 much more than any racy spec. I think the 812 looks more at home in a luxury environment than race track. Very gentleman grand tour/road rally.

24. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yet they don't need sales, they need to show integrity to the spirit of Ferrari as a corporation

25. Goodman

Goodman Rookie

Mar 2, 2015
    Brussels
    Full Name:
    George
    can we please see a grigio alloy if possible?
    I'm considering to choose that colour