Car Cover | FerrariChat

Car Cover

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by TGIF, Dec 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TGIF

TGIF Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Milpitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Paully
    Looking for a top notch indoor padded cover car cover. A Friend recommended the topline from California Covers. I have an outdoor one that is loose and can toss over if have to park outside (driveway) for a day/few.

Any other recommendations?

My Mondial is in the garage but tight and with my son running around want a cover with some padding/protection from possible small dings, etc.

Thanks

2. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Try a Ferrari 360 cover, fits great!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

3. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    An OEM Ferrari red satin cover.
    Alden

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

4. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    I have a covercraft, Dusttop cover for my 3.2 cabriolet. Bought it custom fit for the Mondial 6+ years ago. Only for indoor use, but it is very soft, has some padding to it and perfect for protecting from kids rubbing along the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. TGIF

TGIF Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Milpitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Paully
    Thanks, don't want the Satin cover as wanting some padding and protection from being in the garage that gets traffic (98% used to get in/out of the house). I have an outdoor with little padding which has space and can go over the carcraft or California Covers. Thanks.

6. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Try a Coverking also. The have a red satin cover that is very well made.

I think if you want protection from a 10 year old grazing the Ferrari with his bike, you are probably going to have use layers of covers. Start with a nice fleece lined satin one then top with one or two cheaper types.

I think the Ferrari satin covers do have pretty good lining/padding.

You should try to check some covers out in person so you can decide for yourself. Or maybe the manufacturers will send you samples of their cover material.

Kids! You can threaten them with death and they will still scratch your car.
    Alden

7. 00W

00W Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Living in San Diego, use our boat a lot so need an outside car cover while my car, California is in marina parking lot overnight and in sun during day. Any recommendations please? Want a high quality, easy to store cover that looks great please. Thanks in advance.

8. mondialqves

mondialqves Karting

Dec 27, 2015
    Barcelona, Spain
    There is a company that belongs to my family that manufactures officially for different car manufacturers.
    They have garage and outside covers. There are hand made and tailored. They use the best materials and specially for the outside ones. They have developed a special one with cotton and no plastic at all. Fantastic. You wouldn't think its an outside cover. I think its worth trying them.
    They have several customers in the US

Here: qualitycarcovers.co.uk

They export worldwide
    Hope it helps.

All my cars are covered with those.

9. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    #9 srephwed, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. TGIF

TGIF Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Milpitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Paully
    Good idea thanks. Looking for something with thick padding as have an eight year old and the Mondial is garaged. Don't want something thin and light (have it now for all weather that can toss over the thick padded custom fit.