how many 6 speed 430's were made | Page 3 | FerrariChat

how many 6 speed 430's were made

Discussion in '360/430' started by jnk, Nov 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    ^^ $200K + fees

2. ArmenVanquishS

ArmenVanquishS Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2014
    Paris, France
  3. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I've always told people ~5% of F430's are 6spd, about 1 in every 20 cars.

My guess is they don't want people knowing how many are out there because it is more than people think.

4. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir

When I purchased mine, I was told that 10% were ordered with the 6spd. However, I've always suspected it's less based on the low numbers in the used car market. Five percent sounds more likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ibesuc

ibesuc Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Shame Ferrari leaves us guessing production numbers...

6. Ogravty

Ogravty Rookie

Jun 22, 2014
    I really wish there was a better way to find out the exact numbers. I have an 06' F430 Convertible with the gated shifter.

7. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    We can only guess at 430 production numbers and then guess at how many were manual. The UK has a higher percentage of manual cars than any other large market I believe. Currently on Pistonheads UK there are 107 430's for sale. 19 are manual. So about 18%, of those on the market. Smaller percentages in other markets would bring it down to 10% or less maybe. None for sale in Australasia. Especially not mine! I doubt there would be many if any in Asia too.

8. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    The UK Market is deceptive, official numbers are 109 registered 430 Manual spiders in the UK. I have one of them. There are now only 4 or 5 for sale and the price differs wildly between them all. Ferrari main dealers in the UK are asking £125-135k for them with average mileage - 20-30k miles. The market is hard to gauge right now though because of the whole Brexit issue - the arse dropped out of the used supercar market over the summer while the future of the UK economy was so unpredictable.
    Seems to be picking back up now though so I'm not selling mine til next year while I wait and see. I want a 488 Spider next so I'm just going to watch this space.

9. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Interesting you say that, I'd kind of reached the same conclusion too... I'm not in the market for selling my car but last year's agreed valuation was £85k - looking at asking prices now, that's probably about £10 - £15k over the top yet at the time it was possibly even a little low.
    Fingers crossed the market picks back up late next year as I may well be looking to change then!

10. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    The UK market peaked in 2015.
    Brexit probably hasn’t helped but remember over 50% of those that thought it was important enough to vote should be happy. This is also a global pause also not just UK.
    Hopefully the UK market corrects to 2012 levels then the cost to change will drop significantly. Unfortunately, the cars that climbed the most will have the farthest to fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaronholmes220 likes this.
  11. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    You can't estimate how many 430 stick examples there are by what percentage of manuals are for sale at any given time. That's because the F1's turn over more often. Owners with manuals generally keep them longer.

The 430 and 612 have about the same percentage of manuals: ~10% One in ten is not overly rare, but you hardly ever see them for sale now, and they command a big premium.

12. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    It's easy to tell how many manuals there are in the UK as the database for registered manual cars on the road is easily accessible so we don't have to guess. I'd have thought 109 RHD cars is pretty rare myself! There are a few grey imports from Japan and Singapore knocking about and they seem to be selling for £110-120k in the England. I just have no idea what is going to happen next year although dealers I've spoken to seem to be of the opinion they'll creep back up again. For the mean time I'm just making sure mine is in the best possible health she can be. I had changed the Fabspeed headers back to stock (stock ones were not cracked but I changed them as a precaution after 12,000 miles) but now I'm not selling I'll put the fabspeed ones back on the car feels and sounds flat as a fart without them. Having had them on for 6 years I had gotten used to them and it felt as though that was the sound the 430 SHOULD make. I got a shock when I started her up with the stock ones on and nobody's car alarms went off!