Pictures relating to George Arents' racing | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pictures relating to George Arents' racing

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Leilani, Apr 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Leilani

Leilani Karting

Mar 26, 2009
    Hither Thither & Yon
    Full Name:
    Trouble in turn 3
    Fascinating!
    *smacking myself on the forehead for the umpteenth time for not taking notes when he and i would talk for hours about cars....the artistic qualities of the different designers, and the different engineering aspects or driving qualities of these powerful rolling works of art*

2. Leilani

Leilani Karting

Mar 26, 2009
    Hither Thither & Yon
    Full Name:
    Trouble in turn 3

3. 121 LM

121 LM Guest

Dec 4, 2006
    France
    Full Name:
    Antoine Legrand
    #28 121 LM, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    s/n 0258MM with plates "EE 6954"...

5. Leilani

Leilani Karting

Mar 26, 2009
    Hither Thither & Yon
    Full Name:
    Trouble in turn 3
    More pieces to the puzzle :)

Merci Antoine et Cyril! from what i can gather- he turned some practice laps that year at Nassau, but he did not compete......i wonder why? did someone else drive the car instead of him? ( i can't quite read the roster is Jeff's post)

6. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    The Cavallino article lists him in 0258MM as practice only. 0258MM is not listed as being driven by anyone else for the race.

Barchetta does not add anything more to the racing history/usage on the car in this time period. Maybe others here have more complete information.

5. - Luigi Chinetti, NY, NY, USA
    56/late - George Arents, Coconut Grove, FL, USA via Chinetti "EE 6954"
    56/dec pract. Nassau Speed Week George Arents
    57/feb - offered by Arents in R&T
    57 - Luigi Chinetti, NY, NY, USA
    58 - ..........

7. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Leilani,

Have you been able to get anything specific on when NART was actually formed with George?

I am finding a hole in his racing activities between late 1962 but then he did drive the September 1965 Bridgehampton 500 in the 275 GTB 06885. Have you found out information in this period?

Jeff

8. Leilani

Leilani Karting

Mar 26, 2009
    Hither Thither & Yon
    Full Name:
    Trouble in turn 3
    to the best of my mother's recollection, NART was formed around 1958, in order to have a team seperate from the factory and to boost business here in the US. At first Enzo balked at the idea (big surprise) , but he soon came to realize the value in it.

In an odd way Luigi and George needed eachother on several levels beyond the obvious (One needing money, the other loving over the top autos)
    They both had their own unique issues in speach....
    My grandfather had a significant stammer when speaking, so often , he would be the quiet observer...known for slipping in one-liners, that were either leathal, insightful and quite often very funny....
    Enzo had a very strong accent....so he also could be hard to understand.....and when Grump would repeat something Luigi had said, he could mimick Luigi's accent with uncanny accuracy- totally stammer-free!

I'll check my files for the dates in question.....i know that after the divorce of my grandfather and grandmother, my Mom and her sisters would spend 3 months a year with Grump, and he would curtail his racing activities some during that period, espcially until they were old enough to travel with him.

9. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    #34 19633500GT, Feb 27, 2017
  10. Tom Roland

Tom Roland Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2006
    #35 Tom Roland, Feb 28, 2017
    The young guy in driver suit and belt behind the 290MM #10 is D. Cunningham (David or Dudley?)
    He was registered in the Le Mans files as 3rd driver but probably only drove in trials.
    Best
    Image Unavailable, Please Login